Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:35 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
Palin is staying. It would be devastating to McCain's campaign to drop her. I think she was a brilliant choice and she's definitely re-energized the conservative base.
It would be devistating if she stayed. Remember if she is found guilty and we come to find out that she lied to the American people, voters wont feel the same way about her as they do now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
HILLARY MUST DROP OUT NOW!!!

PLAIN MUST WITHDRAW!!!!

A pattern develops amongst fauxgressives.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:44 AM

21 posts, read 34,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
It would be devistating if she stayed. Remember if she is found guilty and we come to find out that she lied to the American people, voters wont feel the same way about her as they do now.

Dropping Palin would make McCain look indecisive- bad news. I doubt that Palin has any scandal, certainly nothing approaching what Obama has going on. I know that the media is sexist, but dirty dealings with Rezko and a twenty-two year association with a racist, anti-american mentor is pretty scandalous, in my estimation.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
UGH another crass woman hater. This goes along with your other post about needing to "keep their legs together".

Are you a "community organizer"? You must be used to speaking that way - street talk - to all your Maury Povich Baby Daddy constituants who can't find the father after 5 pregnancy tests.

You're going to have to lay off all of the "baby daddy" talk because everytime you do, someone is going to post a picture of Bristol's "baby daddy" and the insightful quotes from his MySpace page. You may not have noticed, but your party is now the champion of sex before marriage and out of wedlock births.

Democrats: Abortion is birth control, any month, any time, any reason. And if you're too lazy to get one, no problem, the government will support you.

So if a Republican girl chooses to have a baby instead of obtain an abortion, she's venerated as some sort of heroic madonna figure. If a Democratic girl chooses to have a baby instead of obtain an abortion, she's lazy.
My comments are bolded.

You're having some serious logic problems. You might need to work on that.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:16 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
UGH another crass woman hater. This goes along with your other post about needing to "keep their legs together".

Are you a "community organizer"? You must be used to speaking that way - street talk - to all your Maury Povich Baby Daddy constituants who can't find the father after 5 pregnancy tests.

Democrats: Abortion is birth control, any month, any time, any reason. And if you're too lazy to get one, no problem, the government will support you.
Oh right I'm a woman hater because I believe in SAFE RESPONSIBLE sex!!!!!

AND My "other post" was QUOTING a repub poster who said abortion wouldn't be needed if women just kept their legs together. And YOU know it.
Your post is mostly babbling but Marlow answered better than I could:

"""You're going to have to lay off all of the "baby daddy" talk because everytime you do, someone is going to post a picture of Bristol's "baby daddy" and the insightful quotes from his MySpace page. You may not have noticed, but your party is now the champion of sex before marriage and out of wedlock births.

So if a Republican girl chooses to have a baby instead of obtain an abortion, she's venerated as some sort of heroic madonna figure. If a Democratic girl chooses to have a baby instead of obtain an abortion, she's lazy. """""

Great post and this is worth repeating ...I have thought the following since Palin said she was so proud of her daughter for not choosing abortion as IF she HAD a choice which she DIDN'T!

REPUBLICANS:

"""""You may not have noticed, but your party is now the champion of sex before marriage and out of wedlock births."""""

Old 09-03-2008, 09:31 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I seriously doubt she'll withdraw. And, I doubt she'll affect the voters who have already decided which candidate they want.

This has been an unusually long campaign, and most people have already made their decisions. They'll simply spend the next two months rationalizing whichever choice they made.

This election comes down to the independent voter, mostly the people who have not been paying too much attention. IMO, Palin will not attract these voters. OTOH, independent voters may note care about VPs anyway.

Don't get cocky that "this is in the bag." When you have elections that rest on independent voters, neither side ends up with a landslide.
Plus you have Bob Barr and avid Ron Paul voters to contend with. They could potentially steal away many McCain votes..

Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
Dropping Palin would make McCain look indecisive- bad news. I doubt that Palin has any scandal, certainly nothing approaching what Obama has going on. I know that the media is sexist, but dirty dealings with Rezko and a twenty-two year association with a racist, anti-american mentor is pretty scandalous, in my estimation.
Trust me if there was something to that McCain would be ahead in the polls by now. Troopergate is a REAL case. I know you McCain supporters want to pretend like its a trumped up case of nothing but actually its a big deal and if wrong doing is found in a case like this, they impeach the governor.

It makes you wonder why McCain isnt ahead in the polls. He has the experience and Obama has been clouded with Jeramiah Wright yet Obama almost has a 10 point lead over McCain.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Trust me if there was something to that McCain would be ahead in the polls by now. Troopergate is a REAL case. I know you McCain supporters want to pretend like its a trumped up case of nothing but actually its a big deal and if wrong doing is found in a case like this, they impeach the governor.

It makes you wonder why McCain isnt ahead in the polls. He has the experience and Obama has been clouded with Jeramiah Wright yet Obama almost has a 10 point lead over McCain.

Lol, this is OBAMA'S election to lose.

"Generic Democrat" polls higher than Obama vs. Generic Republican at the moment, on any given day.

It's not amazing that McCain isn't ahead... it's AMAZING he has any chance at all.

And don't worry. There's two months to go. Two months of attack ads for things Hillary could never say about Barack for fear of being attacked (even more than she already was for nonsense) from her own party.

But guess what? Republicans don't have any such hangups.

The games have not even begun yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections