Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 07:43 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,347,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
OBAMA and MICHELLE have drug their KIDS everywhere
give me a frigging break
you people are the vilest, but, hey, keep it up because you are helping OBAMA go down!!
Have the been dragging them everywhere all Summer? Because I don't think school is open in the summer anyway, so that's just traveling.

What did they do with them last school year? Where they being dragged around during school? Because then you would have a point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I think there is a small difference between corporate America and being elected to the 2nd highest position in the world...Dontcha think? Do you really think she is going to be around for her kids?

Okay. You don't think a woman should have small kids in the 2nd highest position in the world?

What if she was running for US Senate? Would that be okay?

Because your VP candidate Biden had two VERY small kids and took care of them as a single father after his first wife died. In fact he was sworn in at his son's hospital bed. He brags that he took the train home to them in Delaware everynight and was the ONLY parent.

Should he have given up his Senate seat? If you are intellectually honest you'll answer yes...as it would follow the logic of your prior statement.

Then, as we go down this road...WHO EXACTLY IS TAKING CARE OF THE OBAMA KIDS? Both parents have been on the campaign trail for well over 12 months? Do they have the right to do this to their children?

I could go on and on down this road. The libs are in a very bad position attacking this womans choices regarding family. It will come back to haunt them.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:54 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
I haven't read all these posts...and I really don't think personal lifestyle choices need to be any concern of people outside of a family, BUT since watching baby Trig last night I feel even more moved to make a comment.

First off...I have five children, all exclusively breastfed, including twins. I know I am "militant" about this...but as a La Leche League leader for eight years I've seen over and over the benefits of breastfeeding. However...it is up to each individual to make the choice.

The thing is...Sarah Palin seems like a smart woman and she should know that breastfeeding is especially important to special needs children. I'm not sure if she's breastfeeding or not, but I know that she went right back to work and establishing a pumping supply can be difficult under normal circumstances...and Palin certainly hasn't had a "normal" life lately. I just thought it looked "bad"...in my viewpoint, she has it all wrong and doesn't stand for any of the women's issues I do.
LLLI | Breastfeeding a Baby with Down Syndrome

Old 09-04-2008, 08:11 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I haven't read all these posts...and I really don't think personal lifestyle choices need to be any concern of people outside of a family, BUT since watching baby Trig last night I feel even more moved to make a comment.

First off...I have five children, all exclusively breastfed, including twins. I know I am "militant" about this...but as a La Leche League leader for eight years I've seen over and over the benefits of breastfeeding. However...it is up to each individual to make the choice.

The thing is...Sarah Palin seems like a smart woman and she should know that breastfeeding is especially important to special needs children. I'm not sure if she's breastfeeding or not, but I know that she went right back to work and establishing a pumping supply can be difficult under normal circumstances...and Palin certainly hasn't had a "normal" life lately. I just thought it looked "bad"...in my viewpoint, she has it all wrong and doesn't stand for any of the women's issues I do.
LLLI | Breastfeeding a Baby with Down Syndrome

If you are not sure if she is bf'ing or not then why bother to make the comment about it? Did you want her to pop her breast out last night and feed the baby while she was making her speech to prove it?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:14 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Okay. You don't think a woman should have small kids in the 2nd highest position in the world?

What if she was running for US Senate? Would that be okay?

Because your VP candidate Biden had two VERY small kids and took care of them as a single father after his first wife died. In fact he was sworn in at his son's hospital bed. He brags that he took the train home to them in Delaware everynight and was the ONLY parent.

Should he have given up his Senate seat? If you are intellectually honest you'll answer yes...as it would follow the logic of your prior statement.

Then, as we go down this road...WHO EXACTLY IS TAKING CARE OF THE OBAMA KIDS? Both parents have been on the campaign trail for well over 12 months? Do they have the right to do this to their children?

I could go on and on down this road. The libs are in a very bad position attacking this womans choices regarding family. It will come back to haunt them.

Your totally missing my point...NEVER did I say no woman shouldn't work blah blah blah....Nice twist but that never came out of my mouth...or off my fingers. I love to see successful women and I am all for women's lib... My point is when I elect a VP to help run this country that is in a TERRIBLE condition we need someone who will give 100% of themselves. Not 90%...or even 95%. She has 5 kids and any good mother will have to be there for their kids at times. She can't just put her entire family life on the back burner, she has an infant for crying out loud...and a daughter that will be giving birth... *That* is my point... Her life, at this point is not condusive to running a country... I am not saying she never could or she is not capable,,,If she is a good mother, there is no way she could be here for *US* and give us herself 100%... Do you know how much time a VP spends out of the country?

At a corp. level you can get away with giving 90% of yourself. You can come in late or even call in sick..some corps even let you bring your kids to work with you...that is not a justifiable comparision...so I am not going to compare them anymore.

But don't try to judge me and make look like a woman who wants others in the kitchen barefoot and prego...Believe me I am the very oppisite of that.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
No, La Leche League promotes discreet nursing. I will check with the campaign though...it is just another example to me of PRIORITIES being wrong for me...McCain's priorities and Palin's.

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Your totally missing my point...NEVER did I say no woman shouldn't work blah blah blah....Nice twist but that never came out of my mouth...or off my fingers. I love to see successful women and I am all for women's lib... My point is when I elect a VP to help run this country that is in a TERRIBLE condition we need someone who will give 100% of themselves. Not 90%...or even 95%. She has 5 kids and any good mother will have to be there for their kids at times. She can't just put her entire family life on the back burner, she has an infant for crying out loud...and a daughter that will be giving birth... *That* is my point... Her life, at this point is not condusive to running a country... I am not saying she never could or she is not capable,,,If she is a good mother, there is no way she could be here for *US* and give us herself 100%... Do you know how much time a VP spends out of the country?

At a corp. level you can get away with giving 90% of yourself. You can come in late or even call in sick..some corps even let you bring your kids to work with you...that is not a justifiable comparision...so I am not going to compare them anymore.

But don't try to judge me and make look like a woman who wants others in the kitchen barefoot and prego...Believe me I am the very oppisite of that.
But, you are OK with the idea of BO, who has a wife and 2 young children giving 100% and putting his family on the back burner? This is where you seem to be contradicting and have yet to clarify the difference. It seems that the only difference is that SP is the mother and BO is the dad here.

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
For all of you who are up in arms about her having her children with her late last night, you mean no matter what your kids always go to bed at the same time? There is never a time when they miss their bedtime due to something going on? Was Trig crying last night or did he appear to be upset? As far as the older kids helping take care of the baby why is there anything wrong with that? Hell, I would want my older kids to help, it helps them bond with their new sibling. Oh but from of the posts I have been reading maybe only the Mother is supposed to bond with the baby. For those of you who have no kids, you are in no way qualified to judge this woman on her actions in regards to her family. Judge her on her job. You know for those of you who are complaining about her going back to work 3 days after she had him, this isn't the 1800's in case you missed it there have been huge strides in the medical field in regards to prenancy. OMGosh can you even believe noone even believes it is a sickness anymore? There is no longer a need to be laid up for several weeks, not even if she had, had a C-Section.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 AM

10,176 posts, read 11,159,885 times
I had 3 c-sections. Nowadays - You're out of the hospital the next day! I know this from my last 2 children...

----

I knew her having her kids there last night would get some peoples undies in a wad. Get over it and post something other than bashing Her and Her Family.....

Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,059,228 times
I thought it was pretty dang cute to see the little girl lick her hand and smooth baby Trig's hair. LOL...priceless!!

Fact is that people will criticize regardless of what she chose to do with the kids last night. Bring them to the convention...How terrible!! Leave them at home with a sitter...see, she can't be VP and mom too, the kids are abandoned!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections