Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
But, you are OK with the idea of BO, who has a wife and 2 young children giving 100% and putting his family on the back burner? This is where you seem to be contradicting and have yet to clarify the difference. It seems that the only difference is that SP is the mother and BO is the dad here.

BO's family and children will be living with him in the White House... There is only 2 kids and they are older...not a special needs child or pregnant one. His kids are approching the school/semi- self sufficiant stage... They are not breastfeeding infants....

Their kids are at different ages and their needs are much different. Their mother can take them to school and do her thing for a bit... They don't have small kids that are home all the time that need **constant** care and monitoring like the Palin's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
You know if I am not mistaken they actually have a residence for the VP and their family on the grounds with the White House. Maybe her family will live there???????? Then for those of you that are worried about her kids being without a Mom won't have to be concerned.
The Vice President's residence is actually a couple of miles away from the White House - and, it is a beautiful location - high on a hill overlooking the District - wooded grounds.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:30 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
I thought it was pretty dang cute to see the little girl lick her hand and smooth baby Trig's hair. LOL...priceless!!
It sure was!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:32 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Trying to save the world? Does that mean she will take the baby to Iran to talk peace or to North Korea? Save the world? When she can't even keep her daughter in check?
To defend a woman who waves her children around like a flag and then says they are off limits is unbelievable.
You are not an American - let AMERICANS judge her -

Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Not quite right. You say you claim nothing about yourself while running around in arrogant fashion accusing others of being uneducated, picking at typo's rather than making real arguments to defend your POV. Trust me, you are speaking volumes about yourself while 'claiming nothing'.

Do you have anything of value to post this morning or do you need another cup of coffee first?
Ouch, much needed burn! Good for you NCyank.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I haven't read all these posts...and I really don't think personal lifestyle choices need to be any concern of people outside of a family, BUT since watching baby Trig last night I feel even more moved to make a comment.

First off...I have five children, all exclusively breastfed, including twins. I know I am "militant" about this...but as a La Leche League leader for eight years I've seen over and over the benefits of breastfeeding. However...it is up to each individual to make the choice.

The thing is...Sarah Palin seems like a smart woman and she should know that breastfeeding is especially important to special needs children. I'm not sure if she's breastfeeding or not, but I know that she went right back to work and establishing a pumping supply can be difficult under normal circumstances...and Palin certainly hasn't had a "normal" life lately. I just thought it looked "bad"...in my viewpoint, she has it all wrong and doesn't stand for any of the women's issues I do.
LLLI | Breastfeeding a Baby with Down Syndrome
As if all the nutburger lib women giving Palin motherhood advice wasn't enough, now the breast feeding Nazis are telling her "what looks bad".

News flash: It's her kid. She didn't abort it, like most of the libs would have thought "the right thing to do"...She had Trig, she and her husband love him and theirs is the only opinion on feeding/raising/loving that is of ANY CONSEQUENCE.

Y'all need to take care of your own children, if you don't abort them, the way YOU CHOOSE.

It's all about CHOICE, you know? That's what the libs have been screaming about for 40 years. GUESS WHAT? We conservatives AGREE! Respect this woman's choice and move on to the issues of the campaign.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,063,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
BO's family and children will be living with him in the White House... There is only 2 kids and they are older...not a special needs child or pregnant one. His kids are approching the school/semi- self sufficiant stage... They are not breastfeeding infants....

Their kids are at different ages and their needs are much different. Their mother can take them to school and do her thing for a bit... They don't have small kids that are home all the time that need **constant** care and monitoring like the Palin's.

So, we are down to breastfeeding being the big difference because Mr. Palin can do all of the other things you described above. I do hope she will continue to breastfeed until Trig is a year old (at least), that leaves only 3-4 months where she will have to manage both breastfeeding and being VP. I am betting she can manage it just as many moms around the country do.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Default National Enquirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I cannot believe that Palin actually brought her NEWBORN sleeping baby to the loud convention! The way she is trotting out her family is just absoultely embarrassing. But then they complain when people pick at them.
You're right. She can't have it both ways. If she parades her pregnant, fornicating, unwed daughter on stage with her boyfriend, then they are fair game for the media. And what kind of mother subjects a 4 month old to all the germs of 25,000 people in a convention hall?

The National Enquirer is doing some type of expose' on her. I usually don't like them, but, hey, they did out John Edwards' picadilloes! Maybe there's something to it.

She is a barracuda--we'll see how the other side and the media come after her.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
I thought it was pretty dang cute to see the little girl lick her hand and smooth baby Trig's hair. LOL...priceless!!

Fact is that people will criticize regardless of what she chose to do with the kids last night. Bring them to the convention...How terrible!! Leave them at home with a sitter...see, she can't be VP and mom too, the kids are abandoned!!

I LOVED that shot of the big sister taking care of Trig...adorable little girl. Sweet.

I also LOVED it when Gov Palin turned Trig around so the audience (the world) could see her perfect baby's beautiful little face. That really touched me.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:46 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times
Default Choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Y'all need to take care of your own children, if you don't abort them, the way YOU CHOOSE.

It's all about CHOICE, you know? That's what the libs have been screaming about for 40 years. GUESS WHAT? We conservatives AGREE! Respect this woman's choice and move on to the issues of the campaign.
But Sarah Palin doesn't believe in the right to "choose." She said her daughters should give birth even if they were raped. Now she says she and her husband are "proud that Bristol chose" to have the baby. Again, she's trying to have it both ways. What a hypocrite she is!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections