Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 PM

17,875 posts, read 27,269,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Obama's nomination took "qualified" off the table, because he's not.
Exactly my point. He had 147 days of experience before he decided he should run for President of the Free World.

Why are we comparing Obama to Palin? Why not compare Obama + Biden to McCain + Palin? Or compare Palin to Biden?

If you want to compare Obama to Palin, you can do that right here: Palin to Obama Comparison Chart (http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/palin-obama-comparison-chart/ - broken link).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 05:37 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,578,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
Well considering his formal education most probably exceeds both of ours I would find your comment more "spite" than fact.
Spite? Not at all, first one must define "spite" it comes well after "is".

Old 09-04-2008, 05:38 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,171,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Exactly my point. He had 147 days of experience before he decided he should run for President of the Free World.

Why are we comparing Obama to Palin? Why not compare Obama + Biden to McCain + Palin? Or compare Palin to Biden?

If you want to compare Obama to Palin, you can do that right here: Palin to Obama Comparison Chart (http://texasdarlin.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/palin-obama-comparison-chart/ - broken link).
18 million people thought he was qualified already. 18 million more on the way-

Plus countless other millions and millions of voters who are swinging his way out of disgust for repugnant cans filth.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 PM

355 posts, read 988,522 times
I am a 50 year old woman and I am pleased with Palin as McCain's choice for VP. The fact that she is a woman was only part of the equation when choosing her. She appeals to a lot of middle class folks who worked hard to achieve success.

I can relate since I raised 3 kids as a single working mom.....no it wasn't always easy but instead of expecting the government to help me (these were my choices), I worked my butt off to provide for my family. But we made it and with our pride intact.

I have always voted across party lines.......but this year McCain/Palin are getting my vote. They have proven that they will choose right from wrong......instead of choosing right or left. Not all politicians are capable of that.

And as far as insulting.......I think what the dems did to Hillary is insulting. And for other women to insinuate that a mother of 5 can not be an effective leader is unbelievably insulting!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
So then these women really didn't care about universal healthcare, womens rights, and getting out of Iraq?

When did "making a point" trump what is best for this country?

Its a shame.
When Obama got nominated for "hope and change".

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,120,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
I am a 50 year old woman and I am pleased with Palin as McCain's choice for VP. The fact that she is a woman was only part of the equation when choosing her. She appeals to a lot of middle class folks who worked hard to achieve success.

I can relate since I raised 3 kids as a single working mom.....no it wasn't always easy but instead of expecting the government to help me (these were my choices), I worked my butt off to provide for my family. But we made it and with our pride intact.

I have always voted across party lines.......but this year McCain/Palin are getting my vote. They have proven that they will choose right from wrong......instead of choosing right or left. Not all politicians are capable of that.

And as far as insulting.......I think what the dems did to Hillary is insulting. And for other women to insinuate that a mother of 5 can not be an effective leader is unbelievably insulting!
Bravo Sansmom! You've got lots of company!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:56 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,318,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiesdevils View Post
Did I mention I am a woman in my mid 50's?

No, you didn't, but thanks for making me realize you're probably not.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:43 PM

4 posts, read 4,765 times
I was choosing McCain because he has more experience than Obama and also because Obama scares me. Yes, he does have ideas similar to Clinton's but his years in Indonesia worry me. I haven't forgotten 9/11 and Indonesia is a hotbed for terrorism. I don't know what his mom and stepfather had him doing there so I need to go with the candidate who seems safer. I still feel insulted by McCain's choice in Pallin because I think he and his cronies thought that was the way to buy the female vote. I am not that dimwitted that that would be a reason to vote for him. Obama has his tax ideas and healthcare ideas but how many other presidential candidates don't. I have yet to see a president make decisions that go along with the messages they are/were touting during their campaigns. If you are voting because you like what a candidate is saying, perhaps you shouldn't show up on election day to vote because you are wasting your time and energy. Anyone who believes what any candidate is telling him/her is rather gullible. Just look at each presidents' record. I doubt there are any who actually accomplish what they claim they will do for us. In the end it is about who will gives them more and that isn't the little guy who is voting. So, Awesomo, you shouldn't be telling others they shouldn't bother to vote. By the way, are you telling people to stay home because you are an Obama supporter? We all have the right to vote no matter what we believe or who follow. The Constitution of this great country guarantees that!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,908,570 times
The only women that say they were insulted by McCain picking Palin are just some more of the uneducated and ignorant voting populace out there. It is one thing to not agree with someone's politics but to go around and say you are insulted is plain ignorant and shows that person to be a complete idiot and nothing but a sound bite listener.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:45 PM

4 posts, read 4,765 times
Actually, MOM2Feebe, I am 56 with two grown children and 5 grandchildren. I also people who don't know me calling me a liar. But, I like it even more when that person is wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections