Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,636,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
The only thing we're scared of is that people out there are actually gullible enough to believe anything the left says.

The truth shall set you free.

Obama, through identity politics, has definitely found his niche as the opiate of the masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 08:49 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:
Why do the Republicans say we're angry when we call them out on their nonsense
Because, like "flip flop" which has gotten years of mileage and is now more or less indiscriminately applied, it's a lot easier to stare blankly and repeat a phrase you heard someone else say that appeared to have impact, than to actually address an issue and think for yourself.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:07 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,278,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
It was a little aggrevating yesterday watching the Republican Convention. They constantly kept referring to us dems as the "angry left"..

Why do they call us angry.. we're not angry..

We're merely pointing out the hypocricy of it all..

If a Dem nominee's daughter was having a baby we'd be taking character assaults, told how the Dem's have no "family values" so on and so forth.

Most are NOT attacking Palin's daughter on this board..but attacking the mother for her "abstinence only" stance that obviously doesn't work..

We have also pointed out how this is being widely accepted by the Republicans.. and since they are getting "married' it's okay (base don interviews last night).

We also called out his strategy of picking a woman to appeal to Clinton voters since it seems, by all other appearances, that her other credentials are thin.

Sorry...we're not anger!

And there was NOTHING angry about the Dem convention.... we were simply happy celebrating the idea of change and no more of Bush Policies..

But who can blame us for being angry.. we've had 8 years of Bush policies that have trampled on freedomes, destroyed the economy,sunk our country into the biggest deficit EVER, squeezed the middle class while giving tax breaks to the wealthy.. saw more jobs lost to outsourcing overseas while they enjoy their corporate tax breaks. Then there is the debacle of Katrina and the gov't response ( if they had only HALF of what they had for Gustov Katrina wouldn't have been so dismal) and a WAR in Iraq that we shouldnt' be in while Bin Laden romes free!

No we're not angry.. we're happy that we will finally be rid of Bush and get someone in the office who can bring about REAL change. .not just the same old rhetoric!!

You know I would agree with you about Obama possibly bringing change if only he had chosen someone else as his running mate. Obama says he wants to change the dynamics of DC yet he choses someone who has been involved in the very thing he wants to change for over 30 yrs. I have nothing against Obama running for president, in a couple of years when he has more experience as a Senator, and when I have seen him do more than just co-sponsor a couple of bills. Up to this point he hasn't proven that he is willing to cross party lines to get things accomplished and sorry folks if we want our country back we need someone like that. At this point and time neither party is what our country needs, neither party is worried about the middle-class and poor people. It is easy to sit in DC and make laws when you are not worrying about how you are going to pay your bills, get to work and feed your family. My hubby has always said in regards to politics you have to pick the lesser of the 2 evils. This election I would prefer not to vote since I think both sides are equally evil. I understand that everyone dislikes Bush because he is the president and since his face is the one you see all the time and his voice is the one you hear, he gets complete blame for everything that is wrong in our country, but he did not make these decisions all alone and we seem to forget that. Whatever he wants to do has to get through the senate and the house and if they don't like something he has done they can veto, but no all the senators are worried about are their pet projects and lining their pockets. People want to see a change in DC, then you fire all your senators and hire new ones. They do work for us do they not? As far as Katrina some of that was to be blamed on the state of Louisiana. But like always it is far easier to place the blame elsewhere than to take responsibility. When Obama first popped on the scene both my hubby and I were really impressed but as time went on, that changed. I hope that if Obama does take office he is able to bring the change but I just can't see it happen. He is like a senior getting ready to graduate from high school, full of plans, hopes and optimism and then reality hits. I am afraid it will be same thing for him, reality will hit.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Try giving an example instead of just making up an argument.

Who called who angry and what for?

p.s. if a Democratic child was having a baby, we'd call it "expected".. After all, isnt that what the Democratic party and programs encourage?
George W Bush commented on the Angry Left. Did you not watch the President?

Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
I have noted many liberals are so driven and blinded (to reality and common sense) by their agendas, they cannot see the forest for the trees.
No, their not blinded...they're open minded.

Problem is that when you open your mind that much.....your brain falls out.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
I thought we were talking about "Republicans".. not the President..

Not everything is about Bush.. try to stay focused on the topic of the thread..

Old 09-03-2008, 09:24 AM

62 posts, read 36,438 times
Quote:
Try giving an example instead of just making up an argument.

Who called who angry and what for?

p.s. if a Democratic child was having a baby, we'd call it "expected".. After all, isnt that what the Democratic party and programs encourage?
Didn't you watch Fred Thompson spouting off? What about the chimp? He I believe was the first to use the term "angry left" at the RNC.

Nothing made up here, just calling them as we see'em.

Old 09-03-2008, 09:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
haha, this one made me giggle

McCain campaign angrily defends Sarah Palin - Yahoo! News (broken link)

So now its not really the right calling the left angry, its the left calling McCain "angry"..

Old 09-03-2008, 10:12 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,079,296 times
Quote:
I thought we were talking about "Republicans".. not the President..

Not everything is about Bush.. try to stay focused on the topic of the thread..
Are you saying that the president is not a Republican? Wow, kickin him to the curb are you?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:16 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,010,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post

He wasn't the only one either.. I can't remember his name right now (I'm bogged down at work and my head is spinning) but it was that Actor guy from Law and Order I heard refer to the democrats as the "angry left".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections