Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 09:55 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I want real thoughts from real liberals. I go to DailyKos because I like to see the other side. A big topic is her "thin resume". Seems dangerous ground for the Obama side. but...

Enlighten this barbarian!
The only person really qualified to be president is someone who has actually done the job so neither really qualify.

Some might say a governor of a state makes one qualified.. but we all know who was governor of Texas before he gave us 8 years of hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Didn't he try to think about running possibly for maybe President....

Old 10-09-2008, 04:07 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
I want real thoughts from real liberals. I go to DailyKos because I like to see the other side. A big topic is her "thin resume". Seems dangerous ground for the Obama side. but...

He's a man, which automatically makes him "better" than a woman.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,077,439 times
LOL he's a bright accomplished man who was smart enough to be nominated editor of the law review of one of the most well-respected law schools in the country, while Palin went to six different colleges (including a community college) to finally get her undergraduate journalism degree. That is good enough for all Americans, but sorry, not for the president. Now if she showed herself to have half a brain after that then OK, but nope, she can't even respond to the most basic of questions unless she has the script beforehand. That is NOT what we need in the leader of our country during these challenging times. Been there, done that!

Old 10-09-2008, 05:46 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:

Use some common sense, for God's sake.

Palin doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Obama. Re-focus.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:52 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,017,296 times
Mrs Palin up to this point has proven to be very divisive. Running a campaign of innuendo and hate, that is possibly racist. Her main problem is lack of intellect, and ability to make sound objective judgments.

Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 AM

820 posts, read 1,202,479 times
How is the Governor of Alaska less qualified to be Vice President ,

than the Governor of Arkansas was to be President?

She's not married to the smartest woman in the world , perhaps?

Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 28,327 times
Quote:

I am not concerned with her "Thin Resume". In fact, most liberals that I know aren't concerned with her "Thin Resume". What I am concerned about are three things. The first thing is I am very unimpressed with the job she has done as an executive which in effect removes this from being an advantage for her. She has abused her power as governor in a manner that leaves me to conclude her business style is very unprofessional. The other issue is the hypocrisy of her and her running mates rhetoric about being simple everyday people when she or her running mate have proven to me they are the opposite. Lastly, even if she was like the simple everyday american I wouldn't want her or him anywhere near the whitehouse because I am of the belief that extraordinary people are the only ones who can solve extraordinary problems.

Barack Obama has done extraordinary things in his life. He may not have executive experience but he has stood out at the best schools and among the best people he has worked with. He understands a variety of issues from a variety of different perspectives from his exposure to such a variety of backgrounds.

I simply don't see Sarah Palin as a commander in chief either. She has proven to me based on her record (which I reviewed carefully) as a mayor in Wasilla and as governor of Alaska. She inherited a surplus and left Wasilla in debt unnecessarily. She only hires her friends...and she charged women for rape kits. She is out of touch.

Her extreme lack of intellect seems to be a problem for me too. You don't have to go to Harvard to have intellect but she seems more like a fun date than someone who can solve americas problems. She doesn't say smart things. She avoids the press because of this. If the GOP doesn't think she can handle herself then why should I?

I hope I answered your question.

Last edited by cdwright40; 10-24-2008 at 01:50 PM..

Old 10-24-2008, 01:54 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Obama actually looks like he knows what he's talking about. Palin is just clueless. Plain and simple.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
i guess the highlight for obama was the law review because obama's projects have all been failures, from the annenberg center project with ayers to the chicago housing development projects. some of the money involved just "disappeared", which some posters have suggested he is not responsible for since it is "just his job to get the money". he voted present on concealed weapons penalties, partial birth abortion, parental notification for abortion, strip clubs being within 1,000 feet of schools, tougher second offense handgun penalties, and mandatory adult prosecution for firing a gun in a school. he voted present at least 130 times in the illinois senate position, not exactly impressive statistics for decisiveness.

Also in 1999, Obama voted "present" on HB 854 that protected the privacy of sex-abuse victims by allowing petitions to have the trial records sealed. He was the only member to not support the bill. what was that about?

i forgot to add that he did sponsor a bill to ban dangerous mercury exports, presumably to keep the dangerous mercury in our own country i guess. he did vote for all of the bailout bills, he has that too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections