Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 03:49 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times

Advertisements

Whoa.

Beware the
"Open Mic"

Get's 'em every time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 PM

382 posts, read 589,863 times
Lesson learned to all politician’s. Learn how to shut your mouth's when around cameras and mics. PERIOD. No matter if you are Dem,Indepen, or a Repthug.

Last edited by razorback_06; 09-03-2008 at 04:11 PM..

Old 09-03-2008, 03:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Doh!

Gotta luv it.

The truth sure can come out at the worst times

Old 09-03-2008, 03:59 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times
Gotta love live tv...

I'm pretty sure a lot of Republicans feel the same way. In public, they're all, "rah rah rah Palin Palin Palin!"

But in private a lot of them are probably shaking their heads, thinking, "WTF is McCain thinking??!?! Palin? Are you kidding me? That's the best he could do? He's gone and handed the election to the Obama."

Of course, they'd be correct in that sentiment...

Old 09-03-2008, 04:07 PM

289 posts, read 362,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
What a hoot ! ! ! I used to like reading Peggy Noonan but she kinda milked out a coupla years ago, went soft in the musher. The reason those old 'stalwart' party liner repubs are bumbed out is because they're failures at dealing with the issues of the voters. I gave up on Sen. KBHutchinson a couple of terms ago.

Bye Bye to all of those 'stalwart' failures. Once McCain gets done draining the swamp there's gonna be some skeletons pop up.
Too Funny: His too Right. Here's a guy that been in Washington How many Decades. Do you really think he's gonna do anything he's promised. He's one of the worst old Washington Failures.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsiderlookingin View Post
Too Funny: His too Right. Here's a guy that been in Washington How many Decades. Do you really think he's gonna do anything he's promised. He's one of the worst old Washington Failures.
Exactly

Old 09-03-2008, 04:12 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
Oh that is terrific...I heard part of their interview but missed this! Mike Murphy has been making his thoughts pretty clear but not THAT clear, haha. Peggy Noonan hadn't.

Runs with scissors - she's not just a "speech analyst." She was a republican speechwriter for Reagan and is a columnist for the Wall Street Journal. Fyi.

Delicious moment.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:29 PM

I'm not seeing alot of Neocons respond. Thoughts?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Once McCain gets done draining the swamp there's gonna be some skeletons pop up.

There has to be something more expressive than ROFLMAO! How about ROFLMAO x 10 to the nth power?

So, when McCain drains the "swamp" where are the rest of his team going to come from?

Maybe Wasilla Police Chief Greg Woods for head of Home Land Security?

How about going over to the nearest bank in St. Paul and naming the first teller he meets as Sec of Treasury? A cabbie for Sec or Transportation? I could go on, but it's hard trying to type and keep from falling out of my chair in laughter.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:41 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Duplicate thread, not over in the least LOLOL NOONAN. Do you even know who she is? She's a speech analyst. They're on MSNBC.

And here's what she said about the Messiah speech.

NOONAN: I understand that. He said earlier it was a manly speech. I'm still thinking about it. My way of saying it would be, that it was not a sissy speech. It wasn't that kind of ususal wah-wah, "oh, the poor child born with two heads and no medical insurance and they're using him as a bowling ball."

NOONAN: Everybody is sick in their world, I'm sorry. You know how everybody is an unhappy, unwed single mother whose feet are exploding. And they don't exactly see the bright side of America.
There you go again (Reagan) trying to mislead people with misinformation about Peggy Noonan and her background. For those who want to know how serious her comments are can consider the following:
Peggy Noonan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peggy Noonan (born Margaret Ellen Noonan on September 7, 1950, in Brooklyn, New York) is an author of seven books on politics, religion and culture, a weekly columnist for The Wall Street Journal, and was a primary speech writer and Special Assistant to President Ronald Reagan. She is considered a political conservative.

Yah think she may have been the one who came up with "there you go again"?

T.H.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections