Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,363 times

Advertisements

Her husband had a DUI a few years ago so liquor could be very accessible. I just don't think Sarah should be running for VP.With 5 children I think she should stay at home. She will not be able to spend that much time with them. She also has the 4 month old. I'm also sorry to see that she went ahead and ran for VP knowing the world would make judgement on her daughter and putting her thru that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 04:39 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlyn5669 View Post
when i was 17 <looking around> , I actually drank and tried to look cool in pictures...it's not entirely the end of the world.
Hell, I looked old enough to sneak into a bar a time or two at that age. Not only that, I was probably trying to look cool. (And probably failed.) The legal drinking age really ought to be 18, what with kids coming home from Iraq who can't legally have a drink in the country they fought for...

But you weren't pregnant, were you?

Old 09-03-2008, 04:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvan View Post
Her husband had a DUI a few years ago so liquor could be very accessible. I just don't think Sarah should be running for VP.With 5 children I think she should stay at home. She will not be able to spend that much time with them. She also has the 4 month old. I'm also sorry to see that she went ahead and ran for VP knowing the world would make judgement on her daughter and putting her thru that.
Ah - one of the 5 is not at home - going to Iraq

Old 09-03-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I definitely wouldn't want to be a "White House kid."

Rush Limbaugh, he of pill-popping doctor-shopping infamy, used to make fun of Chelsea Clinton on his show (called her the White House dog one night) back when he was still trying to make his name ranting about Bubba daily. This was before that period in time (say, oh I don't know--2002 and thenabouts?) when criticizing the president made you an unpatriotic terrorist sympathizer.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:47 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Her husband had a DUI a few years ago so liquor could be very accessible.
Uh, you may want to check your "facts." The DUI was 22 YEARS ago. Before they even had kids. Thanks for playing...collect your consolation prize on the way out.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Uh, you may want to check your "facts." The DUI was 22 YEARS ago. Before they even had kids. Thanks for playing...collect your consolation prize on the way out.
Drinking does not necessarily require driving, nor does having booze in the house accessible to underage kids.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:52 PM

715 posts, read 1,669,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Its all about attacking the bigger context of hypocrisy that republicans are displaying at every turn, but of course some ppl like to lie and say its about attacking the the family.
I agree. Same reason ppl on the right attack Obama and his terrorist ties.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:54 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I definitely wouldn't want to be a "White House kid."

Rush Limbaugh, he of pill-popping doctor-shopping infamy, used to make fun of Chelsea Clinton on his show (called her the White House dog one night) back when he was still trying to make his name ranting about Bubba daily. This was before that period in time (say, oh I don't know--2002 and thenabouts?) when criticizing the president made you an unpatriotic terrorist sympathizer.
How quickly they forget.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:55 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Her husband had a DUI a few years ago so liquor could be very accessible.
Quote:
Wasn't that about the same time 'bama was doin' the blow

Old 09-03-2008, 04:57 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
Wasn't that about the same time 'bama was doin' the blow
It's a wash then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections