Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:05 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

Or to help elderly parents, good luck...you will be on your own with McCain.

I have worked for insurance defense, and no one without superior health care will have a prayer. If you make under 100k start buying better health insurance, if you can afford it

Good luck McCain and lobbyists, you reap what you sow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 08:10 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Or to help elderly parents, good luck...you will be on your own with McCain.

I have worked for insurance defense, and no one without superior health care will have a prayer. If you make under 100k start buying better health insurance, if you can afford it

Good luck McCain and lobbyists, you reap what you sow.
$15k a month? $180K a year? You may dream of Montery, but I dream of the day that basic math is a prerequisite for every citizen before he is turned loose on society.

You do realize that the median household income is ~$60K a year? Who are these greedy doctors going to sell it to?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,308 times
Quote:
Who are these greedy doctors going to sell it to?
You do realize that doctors don't sell insurance?

Old 09-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Lightbulb You clearly-

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexicanRepublican View Post
$15k a month? $180K a year? You may dream of Montery, but I dream of the day that basic math is a prerequisite for every citizen before he is turned loose on society.

You do realize that the median household income is ~$60K a year? Who are these greedy doctors going to sell it to?
do not know facts...I have lived here 10 generations, my father is a Korean War veteran, and yes, honey, medical care in the US is exorbitant.

Haalth care HMOs and hospitals do not care if you cant pay..they will attach a lien on your house,...you are new to the US...welcome...to the jungle.

And this is about AMERICAN HMOS.....not doctors.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Well how about someone tell me how Obama is going to achieve universal health care? That was Hilary's big platform and look what she couldn't accomplish. Be sure you really want universal health care, maybe you should talk to some people from Canada and ask them how they like it.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
You do realize that doctors don't sell insurance?

lol- he doesnt get it--My brother is a surgeon...Its the US HMO's......

sad we have to explain this...

Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
15K a month?

I hope you don't work for my insurance company. So far they seem to be able to calculate math.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:20 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
do not know facts...I have lived here 10 generations, my father is a Korean War veteran, and yes, honey, medical care in the US is exorbitant.

Haalth care HMOs and hospitals do not care if you cant pay..they will attach a lien on your house,...you are new to the US...welcome...to the jungle.

And this is about AMERICAN HMOS.....not doctors.
Congress created the HMO, allowing Obama to put health care even more into a world of government regulations will only make it worse, so you might want to rethink some things.

Also, Im pretty sure you have not lived anywhere for 10 generations.

The Economy (http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2001/cr022701.htm - broken link) <-- info on HMOs

Old 09-03-2008, 08:24 PM

HMOs were started in the 70's with Nixon.

I could care less what you think....Wait till you get your parents medical and nursing home bills. God better help you, Equifax wont.

Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
HMOs were started in the 70's with Nixon.

I could care less what you think....Wait till you get your parents medical and nursing home bills. God better help you, Equifax wont.
HMOs were started with congress, point being that you need someone who supports the free market (ie. Ron Paul, John McCain) to drive the costs back down.

Ive actually talked with my one living parent, and we have the proper insurance in place now to deal with those issues when they come. Not only medical, but also insurance to cover nursing home and those types of expenses...its a pretty minimal cost for the amount of coverage it gets you in the long run. Unfortunately many people dont know enough about their insurance options.

Im glad you dont care about what I think because that is proof that some people are too stubborn to listen to reason because they think they know everything. I wont care about you getting my tax dollars for universal health care because you dont care enough to research facts and make plans to take care of yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections