Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 05:19 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,935,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renriq02 View Post
Actually God is real.

There are many videos on Youtube that show miracles and healings that happened right after some Christians prayed.

I guess they're all whack jobs
I never said I was an atheist, did I?

I'm not.

But I know I don't believe what "evangelicals" believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 05:21 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,540,812 times
They must be right or somewhat right if power can be displayed when they pray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I never said I was an atheist, did I?

I'm not.

But I know I don't believe what "evangelicals" believe.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,935,253 times
Quote:
They must be right or somewhat right if power can be displayed when they pray.
Oh renriq, this post takes the cake. I swear I could fill up 2 pages with a response to that, but you won't listen. You're actually even more judgmental than most fundamentalists I know - and I know many!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:26 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,540,812 times
But still not as judgemental as those that say some lady who hears from God is cuckoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
Oh renriq, this post takes the cake. I swear I could fill up 2 pages with a response to that, but you won't listen. You're actually even more judgmental than most fundamentalists I know - and I know many!

Old 09-04-2008, 05:29 PM

1,458 posts, read 3,273,263 times
Just curious.... can you be a Republican if you are not Christian, or an atheist?

And has the Republican party always been religiously affiliated?

In the most part I agree with gortamor, that there's a reason why our founding father's forged this nation with the idea of a separation of church and State (First Amendment: Free Exercise of Religion). But, I also don't think there's anything wrong with being religious. We all have the right to practice and believe in whatever we like... freedom of religion.

If SP, says that her God wanted us to go to war... then so be it. That's what she believes in and religion is part of her core. As voters we have a choice to agree or disagree with her decision to invoke religion in association with her beliefs/actions. Both sides are right, both sides are wrong. That's the beauty of our system. In some countries, one side of the argument would of already been prosecuted.

It's great being American

-chuck22b

Last edited by chuck22b; 09-04-2008 at 05:57 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 05:39 PM

286 posts, read 802,873 times
Quote:
Actually God is real.

There are many videos on Youtube that show miracles and healings that happened right after some Christians prayed.

You're right, remember that one video where God healed that little boy who lost his arm in an accident?...wait, no...God doesnt heal amputees

Oh I got it, what about the little girl with terminal brain cancer that died, God saved her right?..wait again, no..God only heals those who deserve it and an innocent child at the beginning of life defintely hasnt earned that...

My God called and told me that YOUR God was a liar who sits around and kills kittens all day long and anyone who listens to your God is taking part in the slaughter of innocent baby kittens...

He also told me that I was to go out and drink as much as possible, sleep with as many women that I can and steal from others while having a fat, Bob Marley joint in my mouth, and since saying otherwise would force YOUR beliefs over MINE we cant have that....and there goes another kitten..damnit!

Last edited by SouthernBoi; 09-04-2008 at 05:49 PM..

Old 09-04-2008, 05:47 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,190,125 times
Quote:
God Bless America or Obama Bless America?

God Save America or Obama Save America?
Well.. since God doesn't exist, but Obama does.. I'm guessing he'd have a better chance at pullin this nation up and gettin it back on track than an invisible guy in the sky might.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:51 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,231,659 times
Quote:
Actually God is real.

Oh, well if it's on Youtube it must be real I guess.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:40 PM

183 posts, read 254,772 times
Quote:
But still not as judgemental as those that say some lady who hears from God is cuckoo.
It's not "some lady hears from God" so she's cuckoo....if you have one modicum of understanding of any of these posts, you'd realize that people are not outraged by the simple fact that she claims to "hear from God" but it's the THINGS THAT SHE SAYS SHE HEARS FROM GOD and the fact that she is trying to further her own agenda and implement those very same things on this country such as the utterly and completely ridiculous notion that God wanted us to go to war with Iraq.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:23 PM

389 posts, read 1,092,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookieboy View Post
Oh, well if it's on Youtube it must be real I guess.
And it's interesting that all these miracles happened to be caught on video!

As for my feelings on God and religion, I think George Carlin summed it up best:

YouTube - George Carlin - Religion is bull****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections