Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,856,644 times

Advertisements

YouTube - The Other Palin Daughter's Odd Behavior: The Hair Lick

Is that just too precious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 08:19 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,614,338 times
Personally, I loved it. It is something that sisters have been doing to little brothers since the dawn of time.
It would have been equally as cute if the obama girls had done it...nothing partisan about cute kids!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,929,479 times
The only thing about kids is this... and it goes for both sides.

IF you are going to keep them "out of it" then stop whoring them out there for the media...but then when there is a problem...like Bristol... say it is off limits. Then parade the pregnant teen and boyfriend around...AGAIN. Hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:22 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,679,505 times
Amazing.

This is what America is, family caring and loving each other like this.

To bad the liberals have destroyed the meaning of family in their party. I am sure they really miss this.

To answer the other poster, incorrect, only those families who have been taught to love and show affection do this. That is something that liberals have left out in the teaching of their kids.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:23 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,955,691 times
my dad did it to me.. drove me nuts, but I dont see why its an issue. Are people saying that we shouldnt vote for the Republicans because she fixed her brothers hair?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:25 AM

500 posts, read 701,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
The only thing about kids is this... and it goes for both sides.

IF you are going to keep them "out of it" then stop whoring them out there for the media...but then when there is a problem...like Bristol... say it is off limits. Then parade the pregnant teen and boyfriend around...AGAIN. Hypocrisy is overwhelming.
Ahh, didn't Obama say hands off when the media had a field day during his wife "I am finally proud to be an American" comment, yet she's giving speeches, and parading her around.

Indeed, Hypocrisy is overwhelming.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:27 AM

SMD could you be more ignorant? As if Liberals or Conservatives had the market on family anything. There are good and bad families in all walks of life and your inability to acknowledge that and think that only people who think that you do can care about their own family is what is making our country a joke.

It's a cute picture. I'm sure the Obama's have cute pictures of their girls together. I know we have cute pictures of the kids in our family. I'm sure you even have some of yours. Now, what it has to do w/ a presidential race, is beyond me.

My point is, you can't have it both ways. You can't pimp your family out like this and then say "MY FAMILY IS OFF LIMITS." That goes for both parties.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:29 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,856,644 times
Quote:
Obama had his family with him as he accepted the nomination. What do you mean "parade" them. Are you implying that they shouldn't have been on the stage with VP Palin afterward? The aren't supposed to be in the audience when their mother makes history?

See, the fallacy of your weak argument is that the Left-wing and the democrats PUSHED the story of Palin not being the mother, which then forced them to release the info on Bristol. So now because the media and the left-wing kooks savagely attacked a pregnant 17 year, the Palins should then hide their children.

Lunacy. You have only yourself to blame, that is the kook-left, the obama campaign and the insane democrats along with their willing partners in the media.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Arab View Post
Ahh, didn't Obama say hands off when the media had a field day during his wife "I am finally proud to be an American" comment, yet she's giving speeches, and parading her around.

Indeed, Hypocrisy is overwhelming.
They ALL do it. That's what I'm saying, so they are all hypocrites.

And it's also true that the Reps are now "Oh, this is sexist and the media is against us and it is SO WRONG to attack the family."

OK - so is the converse true? Any time the Right is attacking Obama I guess they are racist? And when they attack his family, or pastor, I guess that's wrong too?

It goes both ways or it does not go at all.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:43 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,233,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Personally, I loved it. It is something that sisters have been doing to little brothers since the dawn of time.
It would have been equally as cute if the obama girls had done it...nothing partisan about cute kids!
I thought she was adorable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections