Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,814,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Here is what I dont get. John McCain camp says rumors are false. Why cant Sarah speak for herself or is she just some puppet they are trying to use to win an election?
Do you feel she should comment on the "Bigfoot pregnant with Elvis' two-headed love child" story too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 11:14 AM

3,255 posts, read 5,061,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Wasn't there an issue of perjury though too? I thought that was why he was impeached. Not because of the affair.
He was impeached because he lied about his affair. It was still the affair. So now we know that if we admit infidelities the Republicans will embrace us and say it shows great character to come clean and stand up to the scrutiny! Then we can follow the example of the Republican nominee.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:17 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,809,881 times
Until there is proof of this affair it doesn't warrant discussion.

If the Enquirer can provide something to indisputably back up the story (and they did a good job on Edwards, I have to admit that) then it's worth discussion.

I think this is turning into a slam Palin fest and it's not right.

We'll see who gets the last laugh- maybe it will be the Obama team. But if it's not proven and everyone jumps all over it, our team will look like the jerks.

The Conservatives do a great job of putting their feet in their mouth without our help. Let's continue to let that happen and maintain our sense of dignity.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM

31,672 posts, read 40,893,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Here is what I dont get. John McCain camp says rumors are false. Why cant Sarah speak for herself or is she just some puppet they are trying to use to win an election?
Because the men feel she needs to be protected and they need to be the ones to defend her. She is not allowed to talk to press yet, remember!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:18 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,241,923 times
Wow, the National Enquirer sure knew how to boost their sells for the week huh, but after reading some of the posts on here I can see who their audience is. I thought people were more intelligent than to believe the crap that paper prints. Well guess I was wrong huh?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:19 AM

2,885 posts, read 7,100,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Because the men feel she needs to be protected and they need to be the ones to defend her. She is not allowed to talk to press yet, remember!
You'd think they'd at least let her growl and bare her teeth like the pitbull she is. Or would that smudge the lipstick?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,177,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
All I can say is you people sure seem to be s--t scared of her. The media is trying their darnedest to knock her down before she can even get her foot in the door. It seems very likely they don't want her to get her foot in the door as she is all substance (something the media's favorite is certainly not)
Sure we're scared - for our country! After the last election go-around, the thought of four (or EIGHT) more years of GOP policies is frightening. And the thought of this attractive and engaging but grossly inexperienced woman having her finger on the trigger; now that is absolutely terrifying.. It's not a democrat or republican issue anymore - it's the future well-being of the USA!

Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Until there is proof of this affair it doesn't warrant discussion.

If the Enquirer can provide something to indisputably back up the story (and they did a good job on Edwards, I have to admit that) then it's worth discussion.

I think this is turning into a slam Palin fest and it's not right.

We'll see who gets the last laugh- maybe it will be the Obama team. But if it's not proven and everyone jumps all over it, our team will look like the jerks.

The Conservatives do a great job of putting their feet in their mouth without our help. Let's continue to let that happen and maintain our sense of dignity.
Team Obama hasn't said anything and none of us work for him! How do you know I am not a Karl Rove plant to do things outrageous to turn independents off to Obama. We have no idea what anyone in here really believes or which side they are on. Thats why it is called dirty tricks.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
You'd think they'd at least let her growl and bare her teeth like the pitbull she is. Or would that smudge the lipstick?
She wears the lipstick for John just like a certain intern who shall remain nameless.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,719,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
OMG!! You actually believe that stuff in the National Enquirer???

You probably believe everything Obama says too
Liberals are desperate when they reach for the enquirer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections