Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:22 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,430,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
how is that a better question? you didn't answer mine. here is an answer for you. the republicans are a white party, and the democrats are a black party. end of story.
You're only half right. As is proved by the numbers, the Republicans are the white party. On the other hand, the Democrats are the party of real diversity, representing more than just whitey. I don't see how it can be viewed any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 04:25 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
You're only half right. As is proved by the numbers, the Republicans are the white party. On the other hand, the Democrats are the party of real diversity, representing more than just whitey. I don't see how it can be viewed any other way.

"White Party"???? where does it say that? Self promotion, lower taxes and business orientation might be a bit more accurate. Please show me "white party" because I'm looking in the wrong places.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
you don't see how it can be viewed any other way, because you are partisan. the democrats are the party of blacks, and women. 23% to represent 12% of the population. I don't see how this can be viewed any other way.

Quote:

Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
"White Party"???? where does it say that? Self promotion, lower taxes and business orientation might be a bit more accurate. Please show me "white party" because I'm looking in the wrong places.
Show you the white party? All right, here it is:

Old 09-04-2008, 04:38 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Look folks, we need to get it through our heads, these discussions have a topic and it isn't each other. Why on earth is this so hard to understand?

Old 09-04-2008, 04:38 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you don't see how it can be viewed any other way, because you are partisan. the democrats are the party of blacks, and women. 23% to represent 12% of the population. I don't see how this can be viewed any other way.
Don't confuse them with math. These are the same people who want to get rid of homework b/c it gives the kids who do it "an unfair advantage."

Old 09-04-2008, 04:43 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,849,699 times
I can understand someone saying that there is a lack of diversity in the republican party, but at the same time, I am saying that there is too much diversity in the democrat party. however, some people will tell you that you can't have too much diversity, while apparently you can have too little. it's the same old BS. every black republican is denounced and called names. we got room for everyone in the libertarian party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Don't confuse them with math. These are the same people who want to get rid of homework b/c it gives the kids who do it "an unfair advantage."

Old 09-04-2008, 04:46 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,845 times
Quote:
Show you the white party? All right, here it is:

Great, are there any exclusion type signs posted or are some people just too stupid or afraid of the "Tom" label to integrate?

Remember, it's the QUALITY that counts.
General Powell and Condi Rice will ALWAYS be regarded with the utmost respect while this one will ALWAYS be regarded as a clown
YouTube - Dr. Joycelyn Elders speaks to AMSA, part 1

Old 09-04-2008, 04:58 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,258 times
Quote:
I saw numbers that I believe are most telling.. Here's an ethnic breakdown of the delegates to the two respective conventions:

Republican Convention

White-93%
Hispanic-5%
Black-2%

Democrat Convention

White-65%
Hispanic-11%
Black-23%

Another interesting fact, the GOP appears to be getting whiter as 85% in 2004 and 89% of the delegates 2000 were white. Also of interest..men account for 68% of Republican delegates (compared with 57 percent in 2004) and about half the Democratic delegates.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/04/us...ll&oref=slogin

They should also find out the age groups, religions, and that will make democrats even more diverse and they not.

Its funny how some ppl try to counter and say Democrats are the party ONLY for blacks or ONLY for women when there are lots of old white male folks at the democratic convention, the only difference is our old white ppl get to hang out with young ppl, asians, hispanics, folks wth different religions, even non-religious folks, and gays, bis, or other folks very different backgrounds, while at the republican convention, their old white ppl get to hang out with other old white ppl and also other old white ppl.

Its even funnier how republicans tried to drag out some minorities for display at their convention, when the ppl supporting them are so different than what to try and put up. It might work if the cameras shows only the stage and certain areas, and hide the supporters.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Great, are there any exclusion type signs posted or are some people just too stupid or afraid of the "Tom" label to integrate?

Remember, it's the QUALITY that counts.
General Powell and Condi Rice will ALWAYS be regarded with the utmost respect while this one will ALWAYS be regarded as a clown
YouTube - Dr. Joycelyn Elders speaks to AMSA, part 1

I think it's pretty safe to say minorities know where they're not wanted. And Republican policies over the years plus the infiltration of racists has made that quite obvious.

Btw, continuing to trot out Powell, Rice, and Thomas just makes my point. Not much of a pool to select from is there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections