Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:37 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Doesn't drug use shortenlife....and Obama with his family history isn't the person with the strongest family tree either....on top of that blacks have none for having bigger risks for certain diseases.....so your story is b.s., probable just like mine.....you just can't tell...some people live to be 100 and others drop dead at a young age.
Are you honestly comparing a 46-year-old healthy male who is on no medications and who's had no previous health concerns or major illnesses, with a 72-year-old man who's on several medications for cholesterol, his heart, his kidneys and sleep, who's had four bouts of cancer and multiple surgeries in the past eight years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
The ring tat thing is a little trashy, IMO. That's what Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee did.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Doesn't drug use shortenlife....and Obama with his family history isn't the person with the strongest family tree either....on top of that blacks have none for having bigger risks for certain diseases.....so your story is b.s., probable just like mine.....you just can't tell...some people live to be 100 and others drop dead at a young age.
Did you even read the original post? Apparently not.

My reply was to the question of whether Palin would ever live in the White House.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:43 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Well if you are that interested in my demographics, I have nothing to hide:

I am a mother of two young children myself, a daughter and a son. I am close to 40 years old and once my son was born I quit my job since to stay home with them, partially since my lowly job as a schoolteacher wouldn't pay high enough for childcare costs. I feel lucky that I don't have to work. I'm no kid.

This family is not the family that I want representing us as a nation, bottom line.

My question was if your daughter came home pregnant would it be your fault? Would it make you a bad Mom?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,082 times
It's so interesting that just earlier this year, Bill O'Reilly and other Repubs were bashing Jamie Lynn Spears (she was engaged too) for being pregnant at 17 and how it reflected poor parenting. I also remember all of them applauding Dan Quayle about speaking against the show Murphy Brown as being a sign of deteriorating values due to an unmarried woman (who was financially capable) having a child. Now they have twisted the whole thing and are now saying having a child at 17 is wonderful and virtuous and shows your commitment to family. LOL! I guess maybe that will be the new sex education course...How to become a teenage parent.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:53 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,279,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Well if you are that interested in my demographics, I have nothing to hide:

I am a mother of two young children myself, a daughter and a son. I am close to 40 years old and once my son was born I quit my job since to stay home with them, partially since my lowly job as a schoolteacher wouldn't pay high enough for childcare costs. I feel lucky that I don't have to work. I'm no kid.

This family is not the family that I want representing us as a nation, bottom line.

While her family may be disfunctional, aren't most families? My question still remains would you be a bad mom if your daughter got pregnant, or your son got some girl pregnant. Will the choices our children make their whole lives determine whether we were good parents or not? Or is there some point in time when we say they made their own decisions despite what their upbringing was? 2 of my children are teenagers and have the always done what I told them to do, no but I refuse to allow someone to tell me I am a bad Mom. Life is life and bad decisions are a part of it.

I would think more people in the country would identify with someone who lives a real life and has real issues as opposed to someone who seems above reproach. Makes her alittle more real. But maybe I am just a "red-neck"

Old 09-04-2008, 02:58 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
It's so interesting that just earlier this year, Bill O'Reilly and other Repubs were bashing Jamie Lynn Spears (she was engaged too) for being pregnant at 17 and how it reflected poor parenting. I also remember all of them applauding Dan Quayle about speaking against the show Murphy Brown as being a sign of deteriorating values due to an unmarried woman (who was financially capable) having a child. Now they have twisted the whole thing and are now saying having a child at 17 is wonderful and virtuous and shows your commitment to family. LOL! I guess maybe that will be the new sex education course...How to become a teenage parent.
Yup and Jamie Lynn is sending Bristol a gift and made sure people knew it.
PALIN SPEARS BABY MAMA BOND - Celebrity News | Gossip - National Enquirer

Spears' sister sends gift to Palin's pregnant daughter_English_Xinhua
The note attached to the gift reads, "Dear Bristol, Hang in there… xoxo, Jamie Lynn."

The McCain campaign put celeb Britney Spears and Paris Hilton in the infamous "Celebrity" ad, now the Spears family has interjected itself into the mix.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:59 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
britney spears sister pregnant - Google Search

Lot of privacy for the Spear family when they found out.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
I thought 'Bris' was a Jewish thing...............

Levi & Bristol: The Writing's on the ... Finger - TMZ.com

Old 09-04-2008, 03:13 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Is Obama still a smoker?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections