Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 01:13 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Yeah, and if you removed the repeat posts and all of the useless, irrelevant posts, you'd be left with about 200.......
A cursory look at some of your other posts just from today strongly suggests to me that you might want to lead by example if you want to be taken seriously here.

Moderator Erma sez:
Quote:
Remove all the bashing posts, ignorant responses and the name calling and it'd be much nicer!
For the times I've been guilty of this in my excitement over McCain's choice of Palin and in other instances, I am sorry and will strive to do better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 01:15 PM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
[quote=McGowdog;5125603]Wow! The City-Data servers are going to crash!

Yesterday, the posts in the Politics and Other Controversies forum was a little bit above what the next biggest forum had; the North Carolina forum.

Now look at it!

Congratulations to Sarah Palin! You are it!

QUOTE]

Thank you Sarah Palin for ensuring Barak Obama's win this November!

Adding her to the ticket was a surefire way for Mcain to get beaten. And it looks like she's doing exactly that. Polls I've looked at are indicating a widening of Obama's lead...

Old 09-04-2008, 01:20 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Sarah Palin has certainly energized the party's base... The DEMOCRATIC party's base! The prospect of this yutz running the country is so utterly frightening that the Dems are newly unified against the idiotic McCain machine. If the Clinton's didn't manage to unify the Dems last week, the inappropriate and disrespectful speeches by Huckabee, Giulliani, and Palin have certainly done the trick! I know that I'm extra mad at the Republicans now, in spite of my moderate independent political views.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:26 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Sarah Palin has certainly energized the party's base... The DEMOCRATIC party's base! The prospect of this yutz running the country is so utterly frightening that the Dems are newly unified against the idiotic McCain machine. If the Clinton's didn't manage to unify the Dems last week, the inappropriate and disrespectful speeches by Huckabee, Giulliani, and Palin have certainly done the trick! I know that I'm extra mad at the Republicans now, in spite of my moderate independent political views.
Now, truthfully, what did you really expect? Inappropriate? Hah! Disrespectful? Hah, hah! What goes around, comes around. Reap what you sow. You know, all that good stuff will come back to bite you.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
When it became apparent that John McCain was going to win the necessary number of GOP delegates to secure the nomination over Mike Huckabee, Mitt Romney and the other contenders, I was awfully down in the dumps and seriously considering voting for a third-party candidate like Bob Barr. By choosing Sarah Palin, all of that has changed for me, as it has with Dr. James Dobson and many others. My opinion of McCain has improved greatly, even though I hold concern about his positions on global warming (he says it's man-made, I say it's solar fluctuations), Guantanamo Bay (he has said shut it down, I say keep it open), and drilling in ANWR (he has at least until now opposed it, I've been practically a fanatic in supporting it in the LAX-sized area of ANWR).

I thank God for McCain and his decision to choose Palin as his running mate. Huckabee, Romney, Pawlenty and others would have been good, but they would Palin comparison to SarahCuda, the Arctic Fox and Hottest Governor from America's Coldest State. And this increased C-D posting traffic is proof IMO that Sarah Palin is by far the most exciting Vice Presidential candidate in my four decades I've been alive (I'm four years Sarah's junior). She combines Dan Quayle's social conservatism, Jack Kemp's free enterprise spirit, ratchets each up a notch or two, and adds a proven record of reform and commitment to real ethics that put the House and Senate "Ethics" Committees to absolute shame. What an outstanding woman Palin is! We can be so thankful she said "yes" to McCain's invitation to be his running mate when so many others would have taken one look at the jackals and jackasses in the drive-by media and said "no."
I hate politics. But this quote here is the best thing I've read yet on City-Data/Forums. I can't rep you again for awhile, but I give you this and save it for myself, your post.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Let's rewind back two decades, to 1988. I was a young college student back then, so I remember that election year very well. The exact same thing was said in "mainstream" media circles the moment George Bush chose Dan Quayle to be his running mate. The Dems and the "mainstream" media (but I repeat myself) were instantly unified against the idiotic Bush for choosing the idiotic Quayle, and closed ranks behind the whiz-bang "Massachusetts Miracle" Mike Dukakis and Lloyd "You're no Jack Kennedy" Bentsen. But back then as well as right now, Middle America is extra mad at the "mainstream" media. Bush and Quayle won pretty handily in 1988, and could have won a second term in 1992 were it not for Bush breaking his "no new taxes" pledge, which was....idiotic. 43 percent of the vote was enough to vault Clinton over the top.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
She is the real deal.

Half of the post have been proven to be lies from the left. Do not forget some of these posters here fell for the lie that the baby was the daughers and posted it right here.

And those people are allowed to vote.

She is the new messiah, the old one just got replaced for lack of interest.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Let's rewind back two decades, to 1988. I was a young college student back then, so I remember that election year very well. The exact same thing was said in "mainstream" media circles the moment George Bush chose Dan Quayle to be his running mate. The Dems and the "mainstream" media (but I repeat myself) were instantly unified against the idiotic Bush for choosing the idiotic Quayle, and closed ranks behind the whiz-bang "Massachusetts Miracle" Mike Dukakis and Lloyd "You're no Jack Kennedy" Bentsen. But back then as well as right now, Middle America is extra mad at the "mainstream" media. Bush and Quayle won pretty handily in 1988, and could have won a second term in 1992 were it not for Bush breaking his "no new taxes" pledge, which was....idiotic. 43 percent of the vote was enough to vault Clinton over the top.
This whole episode, especially with the way people are reacting on both sides, reminds me a LOT of the Quayle pick. You took the words out of my mouth.

And we all know how that election turned out.

People who bash Palin shouldn't underestimate her, just because she's from some state they don't care to think about, or just because they don't like her politics. She didn't have huge popularity numbers in Alaska for nothing. Obama backers would be wise to stick to the issues, because these personal attacks (like "she's a yutz," which I read a few posts back) could very easily backfire, and Palin will end up with a backlash of sympathy.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I hate politics. But this quote here is the best thing I've read yet on City-Data/Forums. I can't rep you again for awhile, but I give you this and save it for myself, your post.
Thank you so much! I've greatly enjoyed reading your posts too, and want to thank you for staying active in the political process just the same in this critical election year. I was really starting to despise politics as well until I heard KSFO radio's Lee Rodgers confirm that McCain had chosen Sarah Palin. That did the trick for me in coming on over to this area of the City-Data forums! I think I would've continued to steer clear of these politics forums otherwise.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
The Forum Posts were at about 501,000 a couple of days ago. If we subtract the garbage and discuss the issues and we might just have a real political forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections