Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 01:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Going back a bit, here are the requirements to transfer to the University of Idaho.

Future Students: Transfer Main (http://www.its.uidaho.edu/default.aspx?pid=24640 - broken link)

They may have been different when Sarah went there, but if anything, I'd bet they were stricter in the past. It seems to be the norm for these requriements to be relaxed over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 01:24 PM

438 posts, read 965,165 times
it's a tier 3 school, she may as well printed a diploma on toilet paper, same thing.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:27 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
hmmmmmmmmmm and another hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Palin education took her to five colleges: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
SPOKANE, Wash. - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin attended five colleges in six years before graduating from the University of Idaho in 1987.
Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred. There was no indication any of them were contacted as part of the background investigation of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain's campaign.

"Our office was not contacted by anyone," said Tania Thompson, spokeswoman for the University of Idaho in Moscow.

Don't blame me blame the premier paper in Alaska

The McClatchy Company - Newspaper Profiles
She had babies. Is this not clutching straws with this dribble?

Old 09-05-2008, 01:28 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Absolutely true.

I've attended a top tier university and a 4th tier university and the professors were actually way better at the 4th tier one. How strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Considering GWB has a degree from one of the highest rated universities in the world I wouldn't put too much faith in a degree being a great qualifier.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
It's not about an unjust firing only, it's about using your power against someone for a personal reason. The trooper was her sisters ex husband. Coincidence? We shall see.

The reason she went after him was the threats he made and illegal activity that was confirmed by state police where he was then suspended for 10 days.

If you think police should be doing illegal activities and be allowed then I can't say much to that.

""The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession," Col. Julia Grimes, then head of Alaska State Troopers, wrote in March 1, 2006, letter suspending Wooten for 10 days. After the union protested it, the suspension was reduced to five days."

Is Wooten a good trooper? (7/27/08): Politics | adn.com

Old 09-05-2008, 01:58 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Good match for McCain-- Ranked 894 out of 899 students in his graduating class.
Friggin elitest swine........ could you even get into The Navy Academy????? I bet you'd say Abe Lincoln was a retard ...he didn't go to school

Old 09-05-2008, 02:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The reason she went after him was the threats he made and illegal activity that was confirmed by state police where he was then suspended for 10 days.

If you think police should be doing illegal activities and be allowed then I can't say much to that.

""The record clearly indicates a serious and concentrated pattern of unacceptable and at times, illegal activity occurring over a lengthy period, which establishes a course of conduct totally at odds with the ethics of our profession," Col. Julia Grimes, then head of Alaska State Troopers, wrote in March 1, 2006, letter suspending Wooten for 10 days. After the union protested it, the suspension was reduced to five days."

Why go after him? His supervisors were investigating, they had suspended him. Do governors in Texas review the suspensions of all state troopers, and push for harsher treatment when they think it's merited? Or do they let the agency do its job?

Old 09-05-2008, 02:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Why go after him? His supervisors were investigating, they had suspended him. Do governors in Texas review the suspensions of all state troopers, and push for harsher treatment when they think it's merited? Or do they let the agency do its job?
I'll go with he was the admitted criminal and person that was in charge of his own sometimes illegal actions. If I break the law I am held responsible troopers should also.

So you then agree that people in charge of the law are allowed to break it with only minor infractions? 10 days reduced to 5 days....after threatening the life of another human you expect him to have your best interest on his mind? And she did actually go after them.

They question her abuse of power even at the same time she was pushing ethics as fast as possible and watching people getting booted out of power by the dozen while having a huge success rate among the people she works for. *shrugz shoulders* I see no argument...get the swine out of office...if it takes a hardball effort or whatever....

Old 09-05-2008, 02:25 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

So if it's that clear cut why the inquiry? Why are they so concerned with this Governor that 80% of the people love?

Old 09-05-2008, 02:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
What I'm saying is that the governor of a state and her husband and the rest of her family shouldn't be calling the trooper's supervisor to demand that he fire said trooper after that trooper's conduct has been reviewed and punishment has been determined. If she didn't agree, a written request asking the supervisor to look into the matter again because the governor felt the punishment was insufficient would have been the appropriate way to handle it. Especially given that the governor and trooper had a relationship outside of the office, and that relationship was not amicable. A governor, like any other elected official has an obligation to avoid the impression of allowing personal issues intruding on professional matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections