Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:30 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times

Advertisements

The news here is asking anyone who might have known her or went to school with her..
University of Idaho is in a small town in northern idaho on the washington border
Its a good school...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,588,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Hopefully thats all. Remember she did smoke marijuana when it was legal.
Palin: She Inhaled, By Lisa Lerer - CBS News
The Politico) Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is known as a staunch social conservative. She's a life long NRA member, belongs to an anti-abortion-rights group called Feminists for Life and opposes civil unions.

But the self-proclaimed "hockey mom" had some youthful indiscretions.

Palin has said she smoked marijuana but didn't enjoy it and doesn't smoke anymore.

"I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled,” she told the Anchorage Daily News in 2006.
Glad she admitted it, she didn't make a "dog ate my homework" horse**** story like the president with a social disease. I didn't inhale, no sex with THAT woman and depends on what is is". Pathetic moonbats, no wonder you self destruct every 4 years, you DESERVE to.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
hmmmmmmmmmm and another hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Palin education took her to five colleges: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
SPOKANE, Wash. - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin attended five colleges in six years before graduating from the University of Idaho in 1987.
Federal privacy laws prohibit the schools from disclosing her grades, and none of the schools contacted by The Associated Press could say why she transferred. There was no indication any of them were contacted as part of the background investigation of Palin by presidential candidate John McCain's campaign.

"Our office was not contacted by anyone," said Tania Thompson, spokeswoman for the University of Idaho in Moscow.

Don't blame me blame the premier paper in Alaska

The McClatchy Company - Newspaper Profiles
Show us the grades!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Hopefully thats all. Remember she did smoke marijuana when it was legal.
Palin: She Inhaled, By Lisa Lerer - CBS News
The Politico) Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is known as a staunch social conservative. She's a life long NRA member, belongs to an anti-abortion-rights group called Feminists for Life and opposes civil unions.

But the self-proclaimed "hockey mom" had some youthful indiscretions.

Palin has said she smoked marijuana but didn't enjoy it and doesn't smoke anymore.

"I can't claim a Bill Clinton and say that I never inhaled,” she told the Anchorage Daily News in 2006.
It is probably pretty politically safe to bash gays in Alaska.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:34 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
To much is made of a college education. Academics by and large are pretty useless thats why they end up academics. Sarah is hands on goal and result oriented executive that isnt afraid to get her hands dirty doing real work

for instance running off the alaskan good ole boys who ripping off her state

Is that why she's been kissing Ted Steven's butt? Despite her claims, she originally supported his pet project.. the Bridge to Nowhere, and refusing to call for Stevens' resignation even when he was indicted.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/archive/2008/08/29/did-palin-really-fight-the-bridge-to-nowhere.aspx (broken link)

Old 09-04-2008, 04:35 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
If she opposes even civil unions.. then screw her.. she can go to hell.. I have actually been giving her the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things and haven't thought much of the attacks being made... but I don't agree with hate... so palin can eat a bowl of moose crap as far as I'm concerned...
sounds to me indeed that it WILL be another 4 more years...

Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
RealClearPolitics - RealClearPolitics Poll Averages

Your numerous "questionable" post aren't helping. CBS and CNN are showing a tie? With a 4.4% spread across all polls.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:50 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I hope my kids never plan to run for political office, if the fact that they switched around schools and attended several b/f FINALLY (thank god!) graduating will somehow work against them. I was thrilled when they got their degrees, so I find it hard to believe someone would see that as a BAD thing. But heck - I guess the media can make something out of nothing when an election campaign in going on . . .
What did you expect? - McCain Campaign Manager Rick Davis: "This election is not about issues."

After this was released the Republican Party issued a full frontal attack on the Democrats, the Press, the Senate, the House of Representatives, Senator Clinton, and anyone else they could aim Senator Palin at last night. There wasn't one iota of a platform anyone took away from that terrible delivery except - I am here to deliver that juice in the garbage truck you folks smell three hours after I've been here.

This was an abysmal failure to take advantage of a Historic Moment in what should have been a Hallmark moment for Women. Try putting that mess on a card. Was I stunned, yes. Senator McCain managed to produce two defibrillator moments in the space of a week as the Governor issued a stark reminder of what is wrong with the last eight years. Isn't public speaking a class?

Independents for OBAMA

Old 09-04-2008, 04:53 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
My guess is she transferred because she wanted to. She obviously had passing grades, because normally you have to have a 2.5 GPA minimum to transfer to another school. Also, many times credits don't transfer from one school to another (even schools that you would think would have equivalent courses), so sometimes you have to retake some of the courses that didn't transfer. That, and the fact that she may have gone for a year or two before she knew what she wanted to major in, would explain why it took her longer. My daughter has changed her major 3 times and transferred once. When she transferred there were a lot of her courses that didn't transfer, even for the same degree (graphic design), even from a comparable public university in the same stahether plus at the new school entrance into the professional program was so competitive that very few actually get in. So she was forced to change her major. It is going to take her a little extra time, but she's going to graduate. She gets good grades, she's not wishy-washy, and she now knows what she wants to do. So it took her longer than four years. The first college she went to actually told us that these days a lot of times it takes 5 years to finish.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Show us the grades!
If she didn't have decent grades, she couldn't transfer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections