Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:22 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,110 times

Advertisements

Yes, she was a Barack Hussein Obama II supporter, who believed Gov. Sarah Palin did not have a right to talk at the Republican Convention.

She felt free speech only goes to the Lefties of America.

Shame, she LEFT so fast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Gateway Pundit: Top Obama Bundler Leads Protest Singing: "Sarah Palin... You'll save a fetus in the womb and send it off to war!" (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/top-obama-bundler-leads-protest-singing.html - broken link)

A top obama "bundler".

Beastly, aren't they?

The fascists and anarchist are the left-wing/dem kooks who were breaking windows, throwing cement bags onto buses, threatening to kidnap delegates.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:27 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Yes, she was a Barack Hussein Obama II supporter, who believed Gov. Sarah Palin did not have a right to talk at the Republican Convention.

She felt free speech only goes to the Lefties of America.

Shame, she LEFT so fast!
Looks to me that she was practicing it. Furthermore, you [Mod edited] seem to think that anyone protesting an individuals message is attempting to silence them.

It's an attempt to rebut someone or something said in a setting they and their supporters can be reached at. Most times they are off limits to anything but unscripted questions

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-04-2008 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: ease up on the personal attacks

Old 09-04-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gateway Pundit: Top Obama Bundler Leads Protest Singing: "Sarah Palin... You'll save a fetus in the womb and send it off to war!" (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/top-obama-bundler-leads-protest-singing.html - broken link)

A top obama "bundler".

Beastly, aren't they?

The fascists and anarchist are the left-wing/dem kooks who were breaking windows, throwing cement bags onto buses, threatening to kidnap delegates.

[Mod edited]you would deem them "terrorists" or "enemy combatants", and would imprison those who love freedom of speech and the Constitution, both trampled on under the fascist neocons

Furthermore, your attempts at linking peaceful protests with acts of vandalism is incorrect. Most protesters are peaceful and respectful. Criminal acts only reflect the actions of a tiny percentage

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-04-2008 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: Chill out on the personal attacks

Old 09-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Looks to me that she was practicing it. Furthermore, you rednecks seem to think that anyone protesting an individuals message is attempting to silence them.

It's an attempt to rebut someone in a setting they can be reached at. Most times they are off limits to anything but unscripted questions
Right. The GOP should just invite all those crazed, insane, hate-america nuts into THEIR convention so that the nuts can air their grievances. Sounds sane to me.

They have no RIGHT to be there. They weren't invited. I wonder if obama would have let some of his worst enemies into the stadium to whine and wail.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 PM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
No, I wouldnt say that. What would an RNC protestor be protesting at the DNC convention? I dont get it. We all know how paranoid Republicans are, they like waging war on innocent countries (Iraq) and blaming them for attacking us (all lies) as well as a tightly controlled message where NO ONE outside of friendly/screened/vetted press voices get near the Prez. and V.P., to say nothing of the coterie of nutjobs surrounding both of them
You're kidding me right?

Maybe you missed the few thousand protesting at the DNC.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
and would imprison those who love freedom of speech and the Constitution, both trampled on under the fascist neocons
You would have to include your messiah with those who have trampled that constitution, in your words.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
You're kidding me right?

Maybe you missed the few thousand protesting at the DNC.
No, you're kidding me. Maybe you should see how many were arrested or how most were "legally" sequestered into "free speech zones".

Check out how they treated the reporters from Democracy Now at:

http://www.democracynow.org

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
To a right wing nutjob like you, you would deem them "terrorists" or "enemy combatants", and would imprison those who love freedom of speech and the Constitution, both trampled on under the fascist neocons

Furthermore, your attempts at linking peaceful protests with acts of vandalism is incorrect. Most protesters are peaceful and respectful. Criminal acts only reflect the actions of a tiny percentage
Some protesters were actually referred to as 'anarchists' on one of the cable news networks. Journalist Amy Goodman of 'Democracy Now' was arrested as were several of her collegues for trying to question the police about arrests of basically peaceful protesters who were NOT inside the convention hall.
What are they afraid of? I thought we had the right of assembly but are those too going down the tubes?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM

Too friggin bad. I guess they should just be allowed to disrupt and cause chaos and mayhem, right? Breaking the law - sure, go ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections