Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You do realize she didn't WRITE that speach??
She co-wrote it. How could she not write those parts that were about her life. Somehow you much think she is not capable of putting together a coherent sentence.

How much does obama contribute to his speeches? I do thank whichever speachwriter was clever enough to put in the line "when the oceans recede and planet begins to heal"
Do you think that was obama's idea?

You must be new to politics - every politician has speechwriters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Thumbs up Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh Start Today View Post
I was pretty much set to vote for Obama, but now I must take some time to evaluate the situation more. After Sarah Palin's speech, I found that I really like her and what she stands for. I know it was just a speech, as are Obama's, but I really like her story. I like what she has done in her career so far. I like how she has outed both Democrats and Republicans that were doing wrong. She seems like a straight shooter and is in it for what is right.

I will now sit back and watch BOTH the Presidential and VP debates. I probably won't decide until the last week. Thanks to Sarah for making this an interesting race and for breathing life back into McCain's camp. I would feel proud to have you as VP or P. I may just end up changing my vote from Obama to McCain after all..............MAYBE.
Great! As long as you feel you've made the best, informed decision this is your right.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,597,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
She co-wrote it. How could she not write those parts that were about her life. Somehow you much think she is not capable of putting together a coherent sentence.

How much does obama contribute to his speeches? I do thank whichever speachwriter was clever enough to put in the line "when the oceans recede and planet begins to heal"
Do you think that was obama's idea?

You must be new to politics - every politician has speechwriters.
How do we know it was really her life? Has she been vetted?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:44 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,190 times
Quote:
I was pretty much set to vote for Obama, but now I must take some time to evaluate the situation more. After Sarah Palin's speech, I found that I really like her and what she stands for. I know it was just a speech, as are Obama's, but I really like her story. I like what she has done in her career so far. I like how she has outed both Democrats and Republicans that were doing wrong. She seems like a straight shooter and is in it for what is right.

I will now sit back and watch BOTH the Presidential and VP debates. I probably won't decide until the last week. Thanks to Sarah for making this an interesting race and for breathing life back into McCain's camp. I would feel proud to have you as VP or P. I may just end up changing my vote from Obama to McCain after all..............MAYBE.
What does she stand for? Moose hunting, soccer mom, fisherwoman...what did she say she was going to do for the country?...none of them say anything...they are just all defending the written publishing of their non experience! Because it is such a joke and so silly!
Plus she also has experience in not teaching her daughter to use birth control...she does not even believe in it! what a joke she is!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:47 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,605,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
You do realize she didn't WRITE that speach??
Remember the "Just Words" speech from Obama?

Old 09-04-2008, 08:04 PM

7 posts, read 14,592 times
After Hillary was out of the running, I was on the fence about whom I was going to vote for. I gotta say, I have listened to the speeches. McCain doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, unless it's about his time in the POW camps. And don't take that as an insult, I appreciate our Service Men and Women. But that doesn't mean they are all qualified to run our country. Then McCain took Palin with him, which lowered my opinion of him even more. Does he really think American Women will vote for him because he took a woman as V.P.? This woman is No Hillary by any means. She will not help with health care. If you watch her real close with McCain and her family, they all seem so uncomfortable with each other, which threw up more red flags! Now Obama doesn't seem to need a speech written for him. He just grabs the mike and starts talking. He even tells us what he's going to do, and more importantly, HOW he's going to do it. Plus, He and Biden seem very comfortable with each other and their families. I was not going to vote for Obama because I was mad he didn't take Hillary, but I can't let that fact get in the way of making a good choice. I would just tell anyone who's listening not to jump to any decisions to quickly, watch the candidates and go with your gut instinct, they are usually more correct than when we think with our heads.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:21 PM

50 posts, read 90,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleandPam View Post
After Hillary was out of the running, I was on the fence about whom I was going to vote for. I gotta say, I have listened to the speeches. McCain doesn't seem to know what he's talking about, unless it's about his time in the POW camps. And don't take that as an insult, I appreciate our Service Men and Women. But that doesn't mean they are all qualified to run our country. Then McCain took Palin with him, which lowered my opinion of him even more. Does he really think American Women will vote for him because he took a woman as V.P.? This woman is No Hillary by any means. She will not help with health care. If you watch her real close with McCain and her family, they all seem so uncomfortable with each other, which threw up more red flags! Now Obama doesn't seem to need a speech written for him. He just grabs the mike and starts talking. He even tells us what he's going to do, and more importantly, HOW he's going to do it. Plus, He and Biden seem very comfortable with each other and their families. I was not going to vote for Obama because I was mad he didn't take Hillary, but I can't let that fact get in the way of making a good choice. I would just tell anyone who's listening not to jump to any decisions to quickly, watch the candidates and go with your gut instinct, they are usually more correct than when we think with our heads.
And I think that about sums it up! I feel the same way, except I already knew I would vote for Obama!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 PM

343 posts, read 1,305,330 times
Palin is a MILF. She got my vote.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:24 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoyway View Post
Palin is a MILF. She got my vote.
I'd hit it...

Old 09-04-2008, 08:34 PM

50 posts, read 90,334 times
Quote:

Just so you know the real Palin she is......
Against teaching sex ed in public schools and only advocates abstenence (that went over well)
Pro Life entirely....no abortion even from rape or incest
Used her veto power to cut spending on unwed teen mothers (how ironic)
Voted to cut spending for special needs prior to her having a Down's Syndrome child (even more ironic)
Received money from pork funds but now wants to stop this kind of frivilous spending.
AND was for the bridge to nowhere before she was against it and still received money allocated for the bridge to nowhere, but didn't spend it on that.
Oh, and did I mention she is opposed to stem cell research
Yeah, she's really an honest woman. She's a politician! And she's desperately on the attack to keep from having to answer any real questions. I'm really tired of attack campaigns and just want to hear a real plan. I've not heard a plan from the Republicans. No one is saying that Obama has more experience, but it was McCain himself that was running on a ticket of more experience, then he chooses her as his running mate??!! At least Obama selected someone who has foreign experience, fresh ideas, and doesn't eat MOOSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections