Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 PM

690 posts, read 1,012,042 times

Advertisements

WOW that was painful. I watched it on FOX as I wanted to hear all the positive spin...

The green screen in the beginning that turned blue made him look older than he is.
The stumbling on words was incredible
The audience cheering at the wrong spot was classic!
The yawn of that teenager was priceless!
The protesters got under his skin in the beginning.
I think he looked nervous as well.

Bottom line: Maybe they should move Sarah to the top of the ticket? She trounced him sooooo bad! She was compelling and convincing. (Although a lot of what she said is now being debunked) She had energy. She moved the crowd.

She made McCain look OLD!

McSame/Pain!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,694,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I love the reference to Americans "whose descendants came over on the Mayflower."
He saw the future? And there was another Mayflower in it?? I missed that part...musta been when I dozed off somewhere between "My friends" and his POW story...

Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,579,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
no action? what would you propose on a messageboard sparky? If I could reach through the screen and beat the hell out of you I would.

Noooo tough guy, you have done WHAT compared to McCain? Dumbo league maybe?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,869,196 times
"Please dont be offended by the ground noise and the static"

Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,477,661 times
Wasn't the speech past McCain's bedtime?

I was worried the guy was going to kneel over at some points.

Someone needs to tell him it's no longer 2000.

Nov.4th is going to be down right scary.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,815,551 times
McCains speech tonight sounded like a speech made by someone Leaving office and not trying to get into office. The past two days were about who everyone is and what they have done. Tonight should have been about what McCain will do and how he will do it. Besides roughly going over what needed to be changed, there was no meat on the bones. He repeatedly said he will "Fight" has "fought" and has the scars of "Fighting".... bit disturbing. Makes you feel that if you vote for McCain, nothing will change except that there will be more "Fighting".

Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,105,370 times
Default Palin should be at the top of RNC ticket

McSame's speech was shocking....

Shockingly horrible.....

Old 09-04-2008, 10:43 PM

1,518 posts, read 2,752,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The speech was just what I predicted: A republican who tried to divorce himself from the failed policies of the last eight years, while still trying to come across as a republican. It's also exactly why he won't win.
Nice frame. I could not agree more... I think this is his Achilles's heel.

1,836 posts, read 3,173,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Noooo tough guy, you have done WHAT compared to McCain? Dumbo league maybe?
yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap yap... you still sound like one of those bitter people Barack Obama has identified as the filth of this country.

When he is elected president there is going to be a "special" program for your kind.

4,334 posts, read 13,621,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
I fell the same way. He speech sounded like a Navy retirement ceremony.

And Palin's sounded more like a 1st lady speech with some intermittent Obama bashing to try and sell us on how tough she is.
I agree...sounded all Military related to me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections