Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 AM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times

Advertisements

Did they even test the blood alcohol level back in 1972? I am not defending either person but if they didn't test him who is to say what the truth is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 06:39 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
No, it's just that this has been going on for close to a decade, and our spin doctor Sanrene threw it out there like it was today's news (as usual). Please show me one politician that hasn't lied......

this is so typicial
this is not about ALL POLITICIANS lying
this is about JOE BIDEN LYING to try and get votes
and not just any lie, a lie about an innocent man
and bringing up his dead wife.
Good greif

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Gee I dunno, when your wife and child are killed, sometimes you might hold a grudge against the person driving the other car... Low to even bring this up.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:41 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,280,809 times
This thread is SO heartless. The man lost a loved one. Maybe he did try to pin the other driver. I don't know anyone who wouldn't try to assign fault. You feel like you need someone to be held responsible.

What an underhanded way to attack a man about something SO personal with no effect on his policy or way he leads. This from the same people who get upset when some question whether Palin is making good mommy choices.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:48 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
No, it's just that this has been going on for close to a decade, and our spin doctor Sanrene threw it out there like it was today's news (as usual). Please show me one politician that hasn't lied......
It is not old news, it is todays new.

When you have a person who is a heartbeat away from the Presidency, we need to know everything about them. Everything!

If liberals can go after a husband for a DUI 20 years ago when he is not running for anything, then everything is fair game.

If he would lie about this, what else would he lie about.

Biden is a man of low character, nuff set because people get their panties all bent when you bring up his poor character.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:54 AM

10,068 posts, read 14,444,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
And he accuses the driver (who was obviously haunted by it) of driving drunk with NO evidence? Just to make his story MORE sympathetic.
Well, I think if you had your spouse killed, you *might *tend to side with your spouse and find every reason to figure out why he/she was killed.

This is the first I've heard of this story. It sounds like a pathetic attempt of attack to accuse him as a liar.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
I am not defending either person but if they didn't test him who is to say what the truth is?
But you just don't accuse someone of driving drunk with no proof. Think how his family must feel - a terrible accident turned into a ploy for sympathy by Biden. Just stick to the facts. He has no evidence the guy was drinking - why embellish your story to include that?

Old 09-05-2008, 07:52 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
You people accusing Biden in this are PATHETIC! The fact that law enforcement didn't record the driver as drunk doesn't mean the driver wasn't. People who lose relatives due to the fault of others often harbor resentment, and yes, make accusations. Biden was not lying, but was simply stating what he believes to be true about the horrible incident. Obviously, sanrene, you don't know the whole story here, so stop pretending you do!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:53 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Yo! People... this topic is about

Biden; LIED about accident that killed Wife

Not John McCain and not each other.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:54 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfulou View Post
Biden lost his wife in a tragic accident and you losers accuse him of lying.
He either accused the driver of being drunk or didn't. As they have him on tape saying it...HE DID ACCUSE THE GUY OF BEING DRUNK.

Why?

I would say it was to burnish his "personal story". I can't think of another reason. Please share if you know why he would do this other than for political gain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections