U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-05-2008, 05:51 PM

7,138 posts, read 8,949,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Many women, regardless of party affiliation, don't see Palin as a move forward for women's rights.

What is seen as the new forward moving agendas concerning women's rights these days? Maybe if we all had a more accurate handle on the new issues, we could more accurately "judge" Palin on all her women's rights gaffes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 05:53 PM

34,600 posts, read 40,205,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Well Ani, possibly we have met before in NYC? At one of Gloria's fundraisers? I am a bit confused by your TAKE on how Feminism has become DISTORTED. In a previous post you alluded to Rush's term Feminazi. Aren't you ashamed to use that term? As a fellow 70s Feminist I would be.

I can't believe that a 70s Feminist would even consider voting for McCain/Palin. Amazing.
Barbie - will post and answer you in a bit. Am on the phone w/ my elderly mom, who is reciting her latest healthcare debacle. Yes, sandwich generation here.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:54 PM

355 posts, read 665,426 times
Wow, talk about some angry women on here. I'm rather happy about this choice for VP.....she has the guts to stand up to corruption in her own party....I'm impressed.

And I'm not quite sure why we are considered less of a woman if we don't believe in abortion. I would rather see an evil terrorist waterboarded than an innocent special needs baby forced into an early birth just to be discarded.

I have a right to feel my way as you have a right to feel yours.....why can't you just accept that rather than spewing hate and assuming I'm less of a woman for my beliefs.

Oh.....and no matter how many times you lecture your teenagers.....they pretty much need to figure it out on their own. Sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes they don't. I don't know about you but my mother wasn't watching my every move when I was 17. Thank goodness.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:56 PM

8,241 posts, read 9,895,525 times
I would have voted for Rice. Now, there's a real career woman.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:49 PM

11,342 posts, read 7,479,075 times
Oprah just addressed the press about this.

Turns out it's just another big fat republican lie.

The end.

Old 09-05-2008, 06:50 PM

645 posts, read 533,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
All the Feminist rhetoric goes out the door when the far left of the Feminist movement is actually faced w/ someone who has "done it all." You are not a REAL Feminist unless you have followed a prescribed path to success. The radical Feminists (often referred to as FemiNazis) do NOT represent all women, especially all successful women. However, their voices are always the LOUDEST and the MOST SHRILL.
Can you give me an example of a FemiNazi? Would it be someone like Ann Coulter?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:52 PM

645 posts, read 533,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsmom View Post
Oh.....and no matter how many times you lecture your teenagers.....they pretty much need to figure it out on their own. Sometimes they make mistakes. Sometimes they don't. I don't know about you but my mother wasn't watching my every move when I was 17. Thank goodness.
So you advocate ABSTINENCE only education in High School Health classes? You don't want your kids to know what a condom is, or better yet to have access to them?

Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 PM

8,241 posts, read 9,895,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Can you give me an example of a FemiNazi? Would it be someone like Ann Coulter?
The only good thing about Mrs. Palin is that the term 'feminazi' is dead and buried. I mean, if SHE isn't a 'feminazi', I don't know who is.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 PM

263 posts, read 238,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Oprah just addressed the press about this.

Turns out it's just another big fat republican lie.

The end.
Or maybe Oprah is full of **** and lied.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:18 PM

11,342 posts, read 7,479,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
Or maybe Oprah is full of **** and lied.
Why are right wingers such conspiracy nuts?

They asked her and she said it wasn't true, and there was no division amongst her staff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections