Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:40 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
Check your facts. Are you talking about the Alaska Permanent Fund - privately managed by an independent corporation?

Whereby the spending of the Fund's assets is a Executive legislation it is NOT automatic. THAT "dividend check"?

EXECUTIVE means the GOVERNOR and the LEGISLATURE. Something BARRY and BIDEN have no experience understanding. You dont just PASS A LAW AND EVERYTHING MAGICALLY HAPPENS.

There are actual EXECUTIVES managing BILLION DOLLAR BUDGETS who have RESPONSIBILITIES and ACCOUNTABLE TO THE CITIZENS.The Alaska Permanent Fund was established by CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT. THEREFORE it is under responsibility of the EXECUTIVE GOVERNMENT.

But just because Barry is a Constitutional lawyer doesnt mean he's got a grasp on the business of a Governor and her Consitutional responsibilities. OBVIOUSLY.
PLEASE stop screaming. I politely asked for some clarification, and will be happy to educate myself further on this. You need to calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Here's the answer to the ebay confusion.

Amazon.com: eBay for Dummies, Fourth Edition: Marsha Collier: Books

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Anyone who thinks this is not a luxury plane, should post photos of their own planes for us to compare.
Wouldn't you need to see the inside to determine luxury status?
What does the outside of a less expensive jet look like?
Did the prisoners get to ride in leather seats?

Old 09-05-2008, 03:41 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
did she leave us to assume or did she make sure it was clear that it was not sold on Ebay? Was this another example of her playing around the truth to once again embellish her record?
This will be my last post on the thread because I dont even want to vote for her and McCain, nor is this even an important topic, but here is how I see it.

I do not care about the inconsequential details of how it ended up being sold, as long as the fact is that it was initially listed for sale on eBay.

If you want to imply anything from her statement of "I put it on eBay" it would be that she really wanted to sell the plane. Does it matter that it didnt get bids on eBay after being listed? No, not really, it was the quick response and resourceful way that she went about trying to get rid of the thing that I found interesting.

Her intent was to eliminate waste, she identified a wasteful object and attempted to sell it through eBay. That attempt didnt work and she sold it through another channel. I find absolutely nothing about this to be misleading or anything like that.

Everyone here seems to think that she should have said something along the lines of:

"It was listed for x# of days, I didnt get any bids, so then I called this guy who does private plane sales, and he told me that he might be able to sell it, so then I had this friend who also sells planes, and he said he could help, so I negotiated between the two of them for 3 weeks and then I decided to go with the first guy. So he found this other guy who was interested 2 weeks later, so we negotiated on price for a day, he was $50k lower than I wanted, but we met in the middle and then I sold it."

Do we really care? Point is she wanted to sell the stupid thing and she did.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
THis was not a luxury plane used by her predisesor, this was a plane that was used to transport prisoners to Last chance state Arizona. The plane was NEVER sold on EBAY. She embelished this. It was sold to an investor for 300K less than asking price. NOT ON EBAY.

Every 3 or four hours I find out another one of her lies. I guess in her part of Alaska, they may not have high speed internet yet
Wrong.. wrong.. wrong..

adn.com | front : Governor's jet to be sold on eBay (http://dwb.adn.com/front/story/8489684p-8383460c.html - broken link)

Murkowski bought the jet over the objections of the Legislature. Before leaving office earlier this month, he regularly used it to travel around the state, sharing it with the Department of Public Safety.

While running against Murkowski, Palin promised to "get rid" of the aircraft. If eBay doesn't work, the state will try something else, she said Tuesday.

She did EVERYTHING she said she was going to do.. Win the election, list the plane on ebay, and if it doesnt work, try something else.

Guess its so much easier to take something you heard from someone who doesnt know wtf they were talking about and repeat it as fact.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:44 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Everyone here seems to think that she should have said something along the lines of:

"It was listed for x# of days, I didnt get any bids, so then I called this guy who does private plane sales, and he told me that he might be able to sell it, so then I had this friend who also sells planes, and he said he could help, so I negotiated between the two of them for 3 weeks and then I decided to go with the first guy. So he found this other guy who was interested 2 weeks later, so we negotiated on price for a day, he was $50k lower than I wanted, but we met in the middle and then I sold it."

LOL yeah and you forgot :And here's my receipt up on the screen.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Wouldn't you need to see the inside to determine luxury status?
What does the outside of a less expensive jet look like?
Did the prisoners get to ride in leather seats?
Check your facts next time

adn.com | front : Governor's jet to be sold on eBay (http://dwb.adn.com/front/story/8489684p-8383460c.html - broken link)

Old 09-05-2008, 03:47 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
LOL yeah and you forgot :And here's my receipt up on the screen.
No, but howabout just say...."I sold that plane and saved the tax payers money, as fast as I could.

Now she just seems like a like a sneaky salesperson (I respect good sales reps, no offence).

Old 09-05-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Are you seriously doing this to yourself? Really?

One warning to the jet's potential buyers: Murkowski said in the interview before he left office that despite all the fuss, it's actually not that comfortable.

"You can't stand up in it," he said, and the bathroom is basically a port-a-potty. "You dare not use it."

That is your link and does that sound luxury to you the independent reader? Like I said you need to see the inside. I didn't say it was or wasn't luxury but that doesn't sound Donald Trump style to me.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:

he regularly used it to travel around the state, sharing it with the Department of Public Safety.

See the department of Public Safety is where the prisoner part comes in.

You might want to read your links in the future prior to challenging other posters with them. Thanks for the corroboration of my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections