Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Alaskans Speak (In A Frightened Whisper): Palin Is “Racist, Sexist, Vindictive, And Mean”

September 5, 2008

by Charley James –
“So Sambo beat the *itch!”
This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination.

[Mod edited for copyright]

Alaskans Speak (In A Frightened Whisper): Palin Is “Racist, Sexist, Vindictive, And Mean.” | The LA Progressive (http://www.laprogressive.com/2008/09/05/alaskans-speak-in-a-frightened-whisper-palin-is-%e2%80%9cracist-sexist-vindictive-and-mean%e2%80%9d/#more-954 - broken link)
Now you have achieved the highest source of facts, Lucille the coffee shop waitress..... With information like this, the winning side is shaking in their collective boots.
How do you show your face, with quotes of fact from Lucille? That is even below the bottom of the barrel. I hope you are embarrassed..., you shoud be

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 09-05-2008 at 04:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 03:58 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Did she really say that? What a disgrace, she needs to go back to her state and secede from the U.S.

I'll take this time to point out what you just did.

You "questioned" the validity of the story (sourced from an anonymous waitress speaking to the "LAProgressive.com" crack news team) .... and then apparently forgot that you didn't know if the story was true, but decided you'd cast despersion anyway.

Nice. No wonder Americans are so easily duped into war.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:00 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Default No, I am not embarrassed at all.

One witness is not enough proof but it wouldn't surprise me that she said it. I've heard worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Now you have achieved the highest source of facts, Lucille the coffee shop waitress..... With information like this, the winning side is shaking in their collective boots.
How do you show your face, with quotes of fact from Lucille? That is even below the bottom of the barrel. I hope you are embarrassed..., you shoud be

Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
From the link:

"""“She’s doesn’t like different opinions and she refuses to compromise,” Kilkenny notes. “When she was mayor, she fought ideas that weren’t hers. Worse, ideas weren’t evaluated on their merits but on the basis of who proposed them.”
Sound familiar? Palin may well be Dick Cheney’s reincarnate.""""

Interesting article.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:02 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
I'm not surprised either based on her venom and arrogance during her speech. Though I'd love to have a full name for a witness...

the entire article is really interesting if that is in fact how politics is run up there.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:06 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I hate her.
I love her. That's priceless. Even if it is a fabrication.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:09 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Holy cow. I just wish this waitress would give her full name and enroll in the witness protection program.
Even if this source lacks details, well, seriously, do you think someone would have to have an extraordinary imagination to make up something like this?
Realistically, the answer is no.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:11 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I'm not surprised either based on her venom and arrogance during her speech. Though I'd love to have a full name for a witness...

the entire article is really interesting if that is in fact how politics is run up there.

Well I dont have time to verify all...lol I still work and juggle a blackberry and have 2 degrees, ah but Im not the mother of uncontrollable teenage children, I dont advocate forcing crime victims of rape and incest to give birth, guess I cant get a BIG promotion to run for public office by the radical right

Old 09-05-2008, 04:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,875,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Well I dont have time to verify all...lol I still work and juggle a blackberry and have 2 degrees, ah but Im not the mother of uncontrollable teenage children, I dont advocate forcing crime victims of rape and incest to give birth, guess I cant get a BIG promotion to run for public office by the radical right
I realize you have two degrees, and believe me, I'm plenty impressed, but I suggest that, after reading your post, you could use some more education...
Please, stay awake in class next time....

Old 09-05-2008, 04:18 PM

109 posts, read 292,577 times
This just in: Barack Obama's cousin's sister's best friend overheard him call John McCain a "peckerwood" while eating a cheese danish. More on this as it develops.

Fair. Balanced. Incredibly Stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections