Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 05:13 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times

Advertisements

The hits just keep coming! The TV news just said that Palin's church is having a "pray away gay day" where they will pray that gays convert to hetrosexual normal people! Good luck with that! BTW, do they have alot of gays in Wasilla ? I heard you can drive thrrough the whole town and NOT see a single gay bar!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 05:24 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Is that a bad thing to not see a gay bar in a town? What is the lefts fascination with gay people? And if you believe this you are very gulliable. But then you do believe Obama.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:32 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Well, if God answers prayers, then the gays should be turning straight any moment now.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:32 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Is that a bad thing to not see a gay bar in a town? What is the lefts fascination with gay people? And if you believe this you are very gulliable. But then you do believe Obama.
The reason I beleive it is because it came from YOUR (Republican) news source, the Faux News Channel!

FOXNews.com - Palin church promotes converting gays - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Old 09-06-2008, 05:45 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The reason I beleive it is because it came from YOUR (Republican) news source, the Faux News Channel!

FOXNews.com - Palin church promotes converting gays - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
I don't get MY news from Fox. I don't waste my time with ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, or FOX. And you did not answer why YOU (Democrats) are so fascinated with gay people.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:15 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,744 times
I can't speak for Democrats as a group, but I'm an Obama supporter and I'm interested in gay rights because I believe all people, regardless of sexual orientation, religion, ethnic heritage, skin color etc. deserve the same rights as white, heterosexual Christians.

Old 09-06-2008, 06:47 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
I, for one, am not fascinated by gay people, whatever that means. I do, however, respect the rights of others to live their lives with the same opportunities and legal benefits of marriage that my husband and I enjoy.

What's so threatening about that? How does it hurt ANYONE?

Honestly- aren't there much bigger issues to discuss this election than who you love?

Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 AM

3,507 posts, read 13,449,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I can't speak for Democrats as a group, but I'm an Obama supporter and I'm interested in gay rights because I believe all people, regardless of sexual orientation, religion, ethnic heritage, skin color etc. deserve the same rights as white, heterosexual Christians.
I believe he is misleading groups to think he will change things at a federal level when that will never happen in our lifetime. The minority will stay the minority. Maybe get a little incentive now and then, like domestic partner insurance bennies and life partner bennies, but the States themselves will have and have had the overall say in what anyone other than heterosexuals will be allowed to have.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:23 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,886,038 times
I'm from Phila which used to be the third most gay progressive city in the country. I don't know as of today. I've posted before that I like FLL for the gay friendly pop and if you're looking for new friends look for gays who are "typically" welcoming, fun, progressive and great community members (on a city thread). So you could call me "pro gay" if there is to be a label.

I'm confident the gay demographic will vote in the way that best speaks for them.

My vote on this issue still goes to Palin. Her small church in Alaska mailing out a flyer for a "conference" of dopes who welcome people who WANT TO check out the possiblilty of changing their sexual orientation pales by comparison to Obama's church. I looked at that site and didn't feel it was some subversive threat just some people with a niche point of view. I don't know any gay people who ever talked about praying away the gay but it's a personal matter and a sensitive subject and considered private thought in my opinion.

Now let's look at Obama's church. Obama's church under Rev Wright and the crazy priest promotes extremist radical political and social hate speech. Crass, obscene, uncouth, and Anti American and Anti Semitic. No boundaries including Clarence Thomas and Condoleeza Rice proving that his agenda is also political as if we needed more proof after the Anti American rhetoric.

The government conspiracy theory against black people with the AIDS virus ?(a black Democratic convention delegate friend of mine confirmed she is well familiar with this philosophy in her community). Calling for God to damn America? When the Alaska church mimics this behavior I'll worry about it.

Further, the fact that Trinity has a GLBT "ministry" signals loud and clear the political saavy.

Rev Wright claiming government driven black genocide begs the question why we can't find the linkage from him to government provided abortion or even private abortions and OBAMA's partnership with Planned Parenthood. (and I'm not even an abortion radical person but I can see political inconsistencies). How many millions of Black Americans have been silently destroyed while this guy makes up some imaginary argument about AIDS being inflicted on Black Americans by the government.

NEWSFLASH I was in gay bars alot during the birth of the Gay Plague and it had nothing to do with African Americans other than being gay.

What goes on in his church is Trinity's business but the fact that OBAMA could sponsor him as a close personal mentor for 20 years, stumble in finding an acceptable way "out" of it when running for Pres, then throw him under the bus like granny....tells me all I need to make a choice based on CHURCHES.

Gay people can take either side just like any other Americans and don't need hetero people to speak for them or worry about any inability to analyze the two choices imo. And just like hetero citizens there are gay Republicans and gay Democrats.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule a court decision to block state benefits for gay partners of public employees. At the time, less than one-half of 1 percent of state employees had applied for the benefits, which were ordered by a 2005 ruling by the Alaska Supreme Court.

Palin reversed her position and vetoed the bill after the state attorney general said it was unconstitutional.
She had to be told it was unconstitutional. Definitely the person I want as President of the Senate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections