Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:32 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
If you don't care what the REAL reagan kids think, then why the hell should we care what the adopted kid thinks?
What???? That makes no sense at all...real kids, adopted kids...for pete's sake...they are all 3 his kids! Michael just happens to be his 'one kid' with any smarts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 09:40 PM

53 posts, read 141,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Republicans are desperate if they are comparing Governor Palin to Ronald Reagan [his family would strongly disagree along with most Republicans - almost sacrilege
I believe it was his son that made the comparison, do you not see that as relevant? You believe his own son did not know who the man was? Her religion and desire to keep America "One Nation Under God" is a good starting point.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:42 PM

53 posts, read 141,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
wow, asking me to die, just cause we are at ods about Nancy Regan. Your the first to want me to DIE over my opinion.
You don't die by holding your breath, hopefully pass out and not post anything idiotic for a while. Maybe your head will fall on your keyboard and your next post will be...ghkhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjj
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj jjjjjjjjjjjjj

That would make more sense

Old 09-06-2008, 09:44 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,312,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm not - I've voting for McCain. Vote for Obama and watch him take away those tax rebates you've enjoyed under Bush, and then raise your taxes more.
Tax rebates? Ha ha, didn't get a cent.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Ronald Reagan is credited with basically saving America from certain ruin at the hands of Jimmy Carter, the worst President in US History. Carter and JFK also started WWIII - JFK by his stupidity during the Cuban nuke missle crisis and Carter by allowing the Soviets to win the Cold War and by single-handedly bankrupting the US economy.

Sarah Palin will have a hard time matching Ron Reagan. But she is a true believes in the Reagan ideals (as is McCain) and she could be our next President in a heartbeat if McCain kicks the bucket (although I do NOT expect that to happen, specially since McCain's mom is 96 and he's still doing very well). McCain is tough, Palin is tough - America needs their strength, which combined, may match Ron Reagan's.
it's not fair to compare mccain's mom's longevity to mccain's. after all, she is a woman and women ALWAYS live longer than men. not to mention, mccain's vietnam experience may have shortened his life by a few years. john mccain jr (mc's father) died at age 70. john mccain, sr (mc's grandfather) died at age 61. time will tell about john mccain.

Last edited by wehotex; 09-06-2008 at 10:06 PM..

Old 09-06-2008, 10:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
So let me get this straight to those that keep commenting on Michael's adopted status. Because he has different beliefs from his siblings and Nancy, he's not a real Reagan? Or is it because he's adopted that he's not a real Reagan?

Does that mean that because I'm adopted and voting for Obama and my father is a big wig republican supporter I am not his REAL daughter? Are these cheap shots because you don't like the guy or do you really think that adopted children are not REAL members of their adoptive families?

Does it not sound hateful? Apparently I'm having a hard time understanding hate....

Old 09-06-2008, 10:38 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Does it not sound hateful? Apparently I'm having a hard time understanding hate....
no, you definitely ARE his REAL daughter! some ppl on this forum just get too carried away on this forum and will say ANYTHING that they believe will make their point, even when it's wrong.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:51 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
no, you definitely ARE his REAL daughter! some ppl on this forum just get too carried away on this forum and will say ANYTHING that they believe will make their point, even when it's wrong.

castrated in one quick post...

Old 09-07-2008, 10:11 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,292,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
09/11 is Bush's fault? You better blame Clinton for that one. If he had done something about bin Laden when had the opportunity, 09/11 would not have happened. Hurricane victims? The hurricane victims in the REST of the gulf coast weren't whining; only the ones in New Orleans. I don't think there was disregard for them at all. They were TOLD to evacuate and they didn't listen. That's Bush's fault? And how many resources were there to help? And continue to be there to help? Lots. AND a lot of the aid went to NO because they were the whiners, when people in the rest of the gulf were affected too, but HELPED THEMSELVES instead of sitting waiting to be rescued. Housing crash? That's not Bush's fault. That is the fault of the greedy banks who loaned money to people who they knew couldn't afford a house. NONE of that is the fault of the Republicans, or Bush, or any political party for that matter. The economy? It's in a slump, but that's the way the economy goes if you haven't noticed. It goes up, it goes down. It is NOT a recession. And cutting taxes and giving tax rebates, not raising taxes, HELPS the economy. Bush has been doing the right thing. If you have noticed, the stock market GOES DOWN when Obama's numbers go up. Investors are AFRAID of Obama getting in office. You wanna see the economy take a nosedive? Elect Obama and you will.
Blah...............Nothing can get worse then the legacy that Bush has left us. I'll even give McCain a point on that one.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:02 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,778,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
Your post is very true except for one little thing...the housing crash is to blame on Clinton and the dems in congress as well as the lousy Republicans that left their core to agree to the bill. Clinton made it almost impossible for banks to deny loans and therefore people borrowed more than they could pay back. It is the banks that have been hurt with the unpaid loans although they remain at a very small 2% of the nation. 98% of us are able to pay our mortgage on time. Last quarter the economy grew by 3.3% more than any other industrial nation. As for the rest yes you would be correct. Why did federal money pay to evacuate NOLA? Everyone else on the coast was able to evacuate on their own dime or the state took care of it, but not NOLA. You want to live in hurricane country you pay your own way or move! Let's not forget that Mississippi took the brunt of Katrina and I never once heard them asking for a handout...Rita took out Beaumont and not a single Texan asked for a handout.
What is your source to your information 1. Clinton made it almost impossible for banks to deny loans. 2. Mississippi didnt ask for federal aid. They did ask for aid as I recall and Bush had to declare it a national desaster. 3. whats your source and proof that "Rita took out Beaumont and not a single Texan asked for a handout" I would greatly appreciate it if you could supply this. Please, don't source the weekLIE standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections