U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,132,585 times

Advertisements

The Republicans are coming, the Republicans are coming!

McCain/Palin, the REAL change Washington needs in 2008!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2008, 04:36 PM

13,053 posts, read 15,415,141 times
What I saw reported last night is that MORE people watched McCain's acceptance speech than Obama's. AND that the viewership of the Republican convention was the HIGHEST IN HISTORY OF ANY POLITICAL CONVENTION. Take THAT, Dems!

Old 09-06-2008, 04:37 PM

1,491 posts, read 2,028,967 times
I find this amusing...I thought speeches meant nothing and that it was all "rock-star" and not politics when there are big crowds?

Old 09-06-2008, 04:42 PM

1,920 posts, read 2,271,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
What I saw reported last night is that MORE people watched McCain's acceptance speech than Obama's. AND that the viewership of the Republican convention was the HIGHEST IN HISTORY OF ANY POLITICAL CONVENTION. Take THAT, Dems!
That story was incorrect. When adding in the viewers of PBS, 2.7 million viewers, Obama wins again.

Everybody tuned in to see the freak show. We libs like to stay ahead. You know how you republicans get angry that we libs are more educated, and cosmopolitan (jealous are you)? Well its starts by staying well informed.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:43 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,132,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post
That story was incorrect. When adding in the viewers of PBS, 2.7 million viwews, Obama wins again.

Everybody tuned in to see the freak show. We libs like to stay ahead. You know how you republicans get angre that we libs are more educated, and cosmopolitan (jeleous arnt you)? Well its starts by staying well informed.
Source? Preferrably CNN or BBC, please.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
That story was incorrect. When adding in the viewers of PBS, 2.7 million viewers, Obama wins again.

Everybody tuned in to see the freak show. We libs like to stay ahead. You know how you republicans get angry that we libs are more educated, and cosmopolitan (jealous are you)? Well its starts by staying well informed.
I stayed up to watch her also...and was dismayed by what I saw. As a female I wanted her to give a good showing. She did deliver the speech very well, but the substance was sorely lacking.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM

13,053 posts, read 15,415,141 times
Quote:

Where is your proof that DNC had more viewers? Not from what I have heard.

Libs are more educated? Are you kidding me? A lot of libs are on the WELFARE ROLLS because they don't even have a high school education. And don't SAY I'm being racist, because it's both black AND white (and Latino for that matter) people. Dems appeal to those people because they offer social programs to "help" them so they can collect welfare and not work. So there are your educated people. Republicans I know work hard and if they want something they WORK for it. And if they want to put themselves in a better position, they go back to school and further their education so they can get there. They don't sit around and wait for the govt to rescue them.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:47 PM

1,688 posts, read 2,134,290 times
Quote:
Only because they wanted to see this new "hillbilly" from Alaska...

Old 09-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Where is your proof that DNC had more viewers? Not from what I have heard.

Libs are more educated? Are you kidding me? A lot of libs are on the WELFARE ROLLS because they don't even have a high school education. And don't SAY I'm being racist, because it's both black AND white (and Latino for that matter) people. Dems appeal to those people because they offer social programs to "help" them so they can collect welfare and not work. So there are your educated people. Republicans I know work hard and if they want something they WORK for it. And if they want to put themselves in a better position, they go back to school and further their education so they can get there. They don't sit around and wait for the govt to rescue them.
Are you for real? Do you really believe this? How sickening....another reason I'm distancing myself from the Republican party.

Old 09-06-2008, 04:53 PM

12,408 posts, read 16,495,090 times
Quote:

You're right.
We watched the entire Republican Convention, and we find that Obama has more concrete plans that have been better thought out.
His proposals are so sensible that McCain't is stealing them.

Why does McCain get dirty and spread lies, though?
It's as though he knows that if people knew the truth they would not vote for Republicans.

Obama is actually going to lower taxes for the majority of Americans and only penalize businesses that outsource American jobs.

Why does McCain lie to his people about that?

It seems as though an enormous amount of the McCain't campaign lies in his being a POW and lying and misleading people about Obama.

I think that is a recognition by them that they are not doing well.
Obama got a ten point bounce after the dnc.
McCain only brought it up to a tie or below Obama after the rnc.

With all the dirt coming out about Palin's past, and McCain't seeming senile and out of touch, I think their time has come and gone.

It's time for the true Republican conservatives, the ones with ideals beyond power and money for friends, take their party back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or