U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:49 AM

7,376 posts, read 11,829,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
We've all seen what happens to our country when we have a guy in the Oval Office who can't handle the job. An mental lightweight leads to poor policy and worse consequences.

Why do you continue to pick on Bill Clinton?? That's not nice..We all know he was the worst, surpassed only by Jimmy Carter, so leave him out of this
You ant brains..? Hitler was a genius
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 11:50 AM

479 posts, read 558,511 times
Some here need to learn a thing or two about the mortgage crisis and campaign affiliations.
McCain guru linked to subprime crisis - Lisa Lerer - Politico.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Are we bailing out the mortgage firm Obamas friend was running?

Why not ask your liberal congress to step up to the plate, they went on vacation when we needed them to most, if things were so damn bad then why did they ( liberals ) go on vacation and the rep stayed?

We are bailing out mortgage companies because of stupid people who got themselves in debt and now want others to bail there butts out.

Look up Countrywide, see who used to run it and where he is today, he is one of Obamas top advisors... nuff said!

Old 09-07-2008, 12:30 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,674,635 times
http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/mccainpalin08/obama.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-07-2008, 12:39 PM

8,099 posts, read 10,032,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
This job does not require a college degree.

Experience and wisdom exceed a college degree by a long shot.

I am hiring McCain and Palin.

Sometimes college educated people know whats in a book and have zero common sense or wisdom, this is the case of Obama and Biden.

Who are you going to hire, the smart one or the one who is best suited for the job at hand?
McCain + Palin = The power of normal.

I don't know about you, but I am kind of tired of being led by normal.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:10 PM

3,650 posts, read 2,968,526 times
Lightbulb ***

The current idiot in office has shown us the power of stupid !

Old 09-07-2008, 01:56 PM

13,007 posts, read 6,219,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Why do you continue to pick on Bill Clinton?? That's not nice..We all know he was the worst, surpassed only by Jimmy Carter, so leave him out of this
You ant brains..? Hitler was a genius

Clinton and Carter certainly weren't gems. But Baby Bush has sure made them look a lot better in perspective.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:28 PM

4,175 posts, read 4,056,110 times
Let us get an igrorant person practically off the streets and make him President. S/he will be so folksy & will kick every a$$. Damm education - it only gives us progress and questions blind beliefs we have. Science even questions me when I say god is personally talking to to me. So, let us get a do-do off the street to be President. Let us see....Sarah - are you available? Sarah, we will not hold your experience in 5 colleges against you.

Last edited by calmdude; 09-07-2008 at 02:37 PM..

Old 09-07-2008, 02:30 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,943,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
actually, ron paul was the most educated person in this election. he wasn't taken seriously, so I guess the education theory is out the window.
Agreed.. But *why* wasn't he taken seriously? Because, gallantly he didn't wait for the convention to challenge (and maybe threaten) his fellow Repubs with his opposing views.. It's clear though that he *was* taken quite seriously by a vast and intelligent group of the American public. Unfortunately for him, he didn't, at the onset, fall in lockstep with the GOP.
Maybe if he'd used McCain's tactics - waiting until the convention to call out the other Repubs - he might have stood a chance. But that's not what kind of guy he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections