Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times

Advertisements

I listed it as ONE of his accomplishments. His stance on the issues and plans for how to bring about change are his real points. Palin's real points are the fact she's a woman and that she has minimal execultive experience in the middle of nowhere. well done. During which time she did exactly what McCain is campaigning against. Wastefull pork barrel spending. well done.way to stay on message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I listed it as ONE of his accomplishments. His stance on the issues and plans for how to bring about change are his real points. Palin's real points are the fact she's a woman and that she has minimal execultive experience in the middle of nowhere. well done. During which time she did exactly what McCain is campaigning against. Wastefull pork barrel spending. well done.way to stay on message.
So you can give us one real accomplishment of Obama.....?

Chosing Biden who was longer in Washington than McCain.

I still haven't read the accomplishment you think there is....maybe you can spell it out?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:40 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The Governor has you folks fooled by a commitment letter from a foreign company to do work that hasn't been started and won't be completed for ten years that is being funded off the backs of her constituents. - experience...bleh
Sort of parallels Obama's commitment letter to purchase a home from a 16 count convicted felon; funded off the back of his constituents. . . if I could get a deal from friends like that it'd be a big change to my economic situation!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

I still haven't read the accomplishment you think there is....maybe you can spell it out?
I did! being a community organizer is an ACCOMPLISHMENT
Helping pass legislation in the Illinois State Senate and US Senate is an ACCOMPLISHMENT
Instilling hope in all people in the country to reach for something more, is an ACCOMPLISHMENT. You can't hang it on the wall, but I think that is an invaluable asset he has helped give our country.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:

“With USAspending.gov, information on how taxpayers’ hard-earned money is being spent in Washington will just be a mouse-click away. This sort of transparency breeds accountability among those entrusted with spending the public’s money,” said Jim Nussle, OMB Director.
Source (http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/pubpress/2007/121307_usaspending.html - broken link)

WASHINGTON, D.C. - U.S. Senators Barack Obama (D-IL) and Tom Coburn (R-OK) today introduced the Strengthening Transparency and Accountability in Federal Spending Act of 2008 (S.3077), which would expand the information available on USASpending.gov, as well as make the data more accessible and readable. USASpending.gov (aka "Google for Government"), created by the Coburn-Obama Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act of 2006 and launched in December 2007, makes public information about nearly all Federal grants, contracts, loans and other financial assistance available in a regularly updated, user-friendly, and searchable format.

The Strengthening Transparency and Accountability in Federal Spending Act of 2008 has been endorsed by the American Association of Law Libraries, Americans for Democratic Action, Americans for Tax Reform, the Center for American Progress, the Center for Democracy & Technology, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, the Environmental Working Group, the Federation of American Scientists, the Government Accountability Project, the National Taxpayers Union, OMB Watch, OpenTheGovernment.org, POGO, Public Citizen, Sciencecorps, the Sunlight Foundation, Taxpayers for Common Sense Action, US Action, and U.S. PIRG.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Sort of parallels Obama's commitment letter to purchase a home from a 16 count convicted felon; funded off the back of his constituents. . . if I could get a deal from friends like that it'd be a big change to my economic situation!
Sort of correlates to a Senator running for the office of President who was friends with folks who presided over a scandal that cost the American citizens up to 1.4trillion dollars....

Old 09-08-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:

WASHINGTON, DC -- The Senate recently passed a provision authored by Senators Barack Obama (D-IL) and Chuck Hagel (R-NE) to help keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorists. The legislation was included as an amendment to the Fiscal Year 2008 State-Foreign Operations appropriations bill.
The Obama-Hagel amendment requires the President to submit to Congress a comprehensive plan for ensuring that all nuclear weapons and weapons-usable material at vulnerable sites around the world are secure by 2012 from the threats that terrorists have shown they can pose.

“Securing nuclear weapons and weapons-usable material at their source is the most direct and reliable way to prevent nuclear terrorism,” said Senator Obama. “It is imperative that we build and sustain a truly global effort under an aggressive timeline to secure, consolidate, and reduce stockpiles of nuclear weapons and weapons-usable material to keep them out of the wrong hands.”

Despite significant progress by the U.S. to improve the security of nuclear stockpiles in some parts of the world, there are still significant quantities of weapons-usable nuclear material that remain vulnerable to theft or diversion. For example, there are an estimated 60 tons of highly enriched uranium – enough to make over 1,000 nuclear bombs – that are spread out at non-military facilities in over 40 countries around the world.
Source

Old 09-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
that is so funny and the truth!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
I did! being a community organizer is an ACCOMPLISHMENT
Helping pass legislation in the Illinois State Senate and US Senate is an ACCOMPLISHMENT
Instilling hope in all people in the country to reach for something more, is an ACCOMPLISHMENT. You can't hang it on the wall, but I think that is an invaluable asset he has helped give our country.
NIce...but these are no accomplishments to become the next president....!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
CNN has Obama up by one. Gallup is the only one predicting McCain ahead.
Gallup, Rasmussen, Zogby, USAToday/Gallup (different than the daily tracking poll) ALL have McCain in the lead. USAToday has him 54-44 among LV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections