Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times

Advertisements

Since McCain is trying to sell himself as an agent of change, I thought I would just ask everyone here how his policies differs from those of the guy who has been in charge for 8 years.

Your help is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Since McCain is trying to sell himself as an agent of change, I thought I would just ask everyone here how his policies differs from those of the guy who has been in charge for 8 years.

Your help is appreciated!
There is no difference whatsoever so if you liked the last 8 years vote McCain.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:18 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
perhaps he would tell the whiny liberals in america to start providing for their own children and not give into the pressure of spending. you can't say what he would do different, as he hasn't had a chance. same with obama. no telling what he would do, cause he hasn't been president. both of the cowards would have to step it up though. when a bill comes across the desk of the president, it's either yay or nay.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:19 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
I also expect no difference, maybe a tiny chance of reigning in spending increases.

With Obama and a democrat-controlled Congress, I would expect cockamamie fiscal policy on top of the Bush administration's cockamamie monetary policy, further eroding the competitiveness of the US economy.

Hence, from the economic policy standpoint, the choice in this election is between more of a mix between some good and a lot of bad, on the one hand, and worse on the other.

Good luck!

Old 09-08-2008, 09:22 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times
There is a difference, but it is very minimal, and most of the changes McCain would have also exist in the Obama plan. McCain's campaign remains almost exactly the same on education, healthcare, the economy and a whole host of issues. If you think america needs change, Obama is your guy. However, if you have liked the past 8 years, McCain is ready to stay the course for you there.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
If you liked the last 2 years, when this country has virtually gone down hill, vote Obama. The first 6 years of Bush was an economically prosperous time.

But then this awful Democratic congress came in and ruined our hot streak.

So if you want people like "Pelosi" "Reed" or "Ted Kennedy" running your country after failing us in congress, vote Obama. Pelosi is a complete and total supporter of Obama (at times it seems as if they are married). Obama is very cozy with his congress, so vote him if you like the congress.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:31 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times
For those trying to tie McCain in with Bush...what differences do you see in the voting records and expressed sentiments between Obama and Pelosi?

Linking folks can distort their sentiments and decisionmaking.

I don't think a McCain presidency over the past eight years would mirror the Bush presidency.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 AM

365 posts, read 692,282 times
From his speech last week, he is the first "republican" to speak up against his own party while running. I thought that to be a good sign of change.
Also, he is seems very livid about sending American money to countries that hate us...I haven't heard any side say anything about that...gives my 2 thumbs up.
I personally feel from what I have gathered so far that he is not especially "loved" by the majority of his political colleges...I really am believing he can bring a major and good change to the republican party.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,286,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
For those trying to tie McCain in with Bush...what differences do you see in the voting records and expressed sentiments between Obama and Pelosi?
Small difference: Pelosi didn't run the executive branch of our government for 8 years.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:33 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,987 times
Ok, I can't help but chuckle when I opened this email.

John McCain debates himself

YouTube - John McCain Debates Himself on Supporting Bush
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections