Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:09 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,621,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
No I can't see her running the country. I can't even believe half the country is taking this seriously. "She has executive experience, b/c she was the governor for a year and a half and commanded the national guard " or "She has foreign experience b/c Alaska is next to Russia" or "The Iraq war was God's will", OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, lol. Then when asking the GOP a question about her so called "executive experience", they can't answer and say, "well she has more than Obama and that they are being sexist".

If McCain and her win, then I really would have lost faith in the intelligence and judgement of this country.
I could not agree more....I think the whole thing is one big joke! Can you imagine what other countries are thinking about this? Laughing bigtime! As I watched some of the RNC...I said to myself....yikes these people all look like misfits of society!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 07:09 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,948,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I can't! Even if I hated her, I could not picture her running this country. I can see Palin working for QVC or in the fragrance department at Macy's but president? NEVER. And for your information, I am non-partisan, I dislike both sides equally and I am not voting for Obama either. She simply does not have what it takes to be president.
Unfortunately, yes I can picture it and no it is not a pretty picture.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,847,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
There are condo associations in Florida with more people than Alaska!!! Does that give the condo commandos "Executive Experience"?
Ha! My frakking Highschool had slightly less people than the town she was mayor of.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,139,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippingJay View Post
What? She lives in a state that had the second lowest population in the state. There are cities that have larger population that Alaska. Even the county I reside in has more people than Alaska.
So Alaska has no infrastructure that needs to be managed?
So alaska due to a smaller population would have no problems what so ever?
Alaska's extreme enviroment wouldn't give Palin incite on how to deal with natural disasters?
Okay I guess not.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
If Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter can (theoretically) do it, then just about anybody can. I'd say she's light years ahead of those guys in terms of intelligence and common sense.

You need a ......

bigtime!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes, in fact I wish it was a Palin/McCain ticket..

You need a......

too!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,812,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I voted for McCain in the primaries when he was up against Bush.

The Republican party has sunk to a new low with Palin's elevation to "next Vice President" (which translates to "Potential President").

Our country is already in big trouble. We don't need to make it worse.
come on, we know you are afraid of a strong woman, bit we'll save you, come back to the right party... men are sooooo afraid of a strong woman

Old 09-08-2008, 07:17 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,121,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
No I can't see her running the country. I can't even believe half the country is taking this seriously. "She has executive experience, b/c she was the governor for a year and a half and commanded the national guard " or "She has foreign experience b/c Alaska is next to Russia" or "The Iraq war was God's will", OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, lol. Then when asking the GOP a question about her so called "executive experience", they can't answer and say, "well she has more than Obama and that they are being sexist".

If McCain and her win, then I really would have lost faith in the intelligence and judgement of this country.
That's how I felt when Clinton won. But life goes on.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:20 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,847,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So Alaska has no infrastructure that needs to be managed?
So alaska due to a smaller population would have no problems what so ever?
Alaska's extreme enviroment wouldn't give Palin incite on how to deal with natural disasters?
Okay I guess not.
Going by those requirements, my local County Supervisor is more qualified than her to be VP. We have all of those listed, with the added bonus of having more people than moose living here!

Old 09-08-2008, 07:22 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,812,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I voted for McCain in the primaries when he was up against Bush.

The Republican party has sunk to a new low with Palin's elevation to "next Vice President" (which translates to "Potential President").

Our country is already in big trouble. We don't need to make it worse.
You're weakness is showing,, don't be so afraid of a strong woman...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections