U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM

3,328 posts, read 4,984,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
OMG it was Republicans during the Clinton admin. that were responsible for the balanced budget, who knew!!
Good, you get something right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 PM

18,401 posts, read 16,077,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
OMG it was Republicans during the Clinton admin. that were responsible for the balanced budget, who knew!!
You would have known if you read up on it or followed history.

The (Republican-written) Balanced Budget Amendment cut out a lot of the pork in bills.
Look at it this way... Democrats were in Control of Congress from the mid-1950s until the 1994 election. Republicans win control and for the first time in decades the spending decreases. Because of Clinton? Yeah, sure!!!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
You would have known if you read up on it or followed history.

The (Republican-written) Balanced Budget Amendment cut out a lot of the pork in bills.
Look at it this way... Democrats were in Control of Congress from the mid-1950s until the 1994 election. Republicans win control and for the first time in decades the spending decreases. Because of Clinton? Yeah, sure!!!
Well, one good thing about an Obama administration, we'll for sure get another Republican congress! In.... about two years, if not sooner from a massive recall.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:42 PM

185 posts, read 249,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I could. In fact I think she would be awesome running the show.
Finally someone to kick some butt of the liberals who are destroying this country.
ignert kids, lord help ya, ifin your raped, cause god said so. Vote McSame 08

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM

216 posts, read 182,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e2ksj3 View Post
No I can't see her running the country. I can't even believe half the country is taking this seriously. "She has executive experience, b/c she was the governor for a year and a half and commanded the national guard " or "She has foreign experience b/c Alaska is next to Russia" or "The Iraq war was God's will", OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, lol. Then when asking the GOP a question about her so called "executive experience", they can't answer and say, "well she has more than Obama and that they are being sexist".

If McCain and her win, then I really would have lost faith in the intelligence and judgement of this country.
I totally agree with you.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,711,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Obama has stolen tax payers money - makes him qualified
Obama is a member of a terrorist group - makes him qualified
Obama can tell a good lie- makes him qualified
Obama never knows what town or state he is in - makes him qualified
Obama hates America - makes him qualified
Obama hates all whites - makes him qualified
Obama is the chosen one to make the waters rise - makes him qualified
Obama followers are jealous of Sarah - makes him qualified

You had better get a real good look at her, because she will be your boss come Nov. 4th!!

Can you just list every candidate you're voting for this November, so the rest of us can get a quick sense of who to vote against?

Read a newspaper instead of a Christian conservative hate website.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:47 PM

532 posts, read 587,727 times
Thumbs down Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I can't! Even if I hated her, I could not picture her running this country. I can see Palin working for QVC or in the fragrance department at Macy's but president? NEVER. And for your information, I am non-partisan, I dislike both sides equally and I am not voting for Obama either. She simply does not have what it takes to be president.
I can see her running the country as much as I can see Obama running it. I would prefer that neither of them did. At least Palin is only running for vp. To hear people talk, you'd think that Palin was running for President.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
I can see her running the country as much as I can see Obama running it. I would prefer that neither of them did. At least Palin is only running for vp. To hear people talk, you'd think that Palin was running for President.
If McCain's elected, and she eventually gets in one way or another, at least she'll have some real-world experience (unlike some global rock-star tour) under her belt.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:50 PM

1,986 posts, read 2,711,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
And his mother is 96 years old.
Which means nothing. My grandmother lived to be 86. Four of her sons died in their 50's.

[mod cut]

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-08-2008 at 11:41 PM.. Reason: no personal attacks please!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:51 PM

6,758 posts, read 7,116,152 times
Yes, I can picture Palin running the country. Much easier than mr speech giver Obammy. Anyone who tries to claim running a campaign for themselves as executive experience is really ridiculous.

Besides. We all know how this works. People start talking about Palin and whether or not she's experienced enough, and then the comparison's to Obammy are right behind it. This means that the comparison outcome of McCain vs. Obammy on experience are a slam dunk in McCain's favor and the longer the looney left thinks they are helping by comparing Obama to Palin, the more Obama sinks in the polls!

I'm still not convinced to vote McCain yet, but he's at least made this election fun by picking such a great VP choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections