U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 09:17 PM

4,716 posts, read 4,934,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
The Tax Policy Center is being deceptive.

It is a Democratic Party group, founded by the Urban Institute and the Brookings Institution:

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/g...asp?grpid=6927
You are using a website who's byline is "A guide to the political Left" to discredit an organization recognized by all the media outlets (including Fox News) as being objective?

How are their methods deceptive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 09:34 PM

3,253 posts, read 5,191,336 times
Their deception begins with describing themselves as a non-partisan organization, which they are not.

Breaking News: Democratic Party Think Tank Likes Obama's Tax Plan...

Old 09-08-2008, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reactionary View Post
Their deception begins with describing themselves as a non-partisan organization, which they are not.

Breaking News: Democratic Party Think Tank Likes Obama's Tax Plan...
Wow. They really have the whole world deceived, then. Except you, of course. And your "non-partisan" link there.

As a rational person, who lives in a fact-based existence, I would give another reasonable person the argument that the Tax Policy Center can lean slightly left in some of its analysis. However, their overall statistical data and methods are only really questioned by the most-biased of people.

Obama will lower your taxes.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,687,522 times
Dream on.

He will raise taxes on everyone, they will be hidden taxes because cost of everything will go out the roof.

Business will not survive under his plans, massive layoffs and lower wages along with less hours of work.

Without a job you wont have a paycheck or money to buy anything, thats the Obama plan.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
Dream on.

He will raise taxes on everyone, they will be hidden taxes because cost of everything will go out the roof.

Business will not survive under his plans, massive layoffs and lower wages along with less hours of work.

Without a job you wont have a paycheck or money to buy anything, thats the Obama plan.
That's some pretty sharp analysis there.

How do tax cuts make the "cost of everything ... go out the roof?"

How are is proposals bad for business? How are lower taxes bad for business?

What gives you so much fear?

Old 09-08-2008, 10:39 PM

3,328 posts, read 5,053,021 times
How's Barry going to pay for all that stuff he's promised?
Higher wages for teachers, free college, free healthcare.... We'll be bankrupt in the first 10 days if he doesn't raise taxes on everybody and their dog.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 PM

3,689 posts, read 6,923,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
Higher wages for teachers, free college, free healthcare.... We'll be bankrupt in the first 10 days if he doesn't raise taxes on everybody and their dog.
you beat me too it, i was just looking through the entire list of "give aways" on obamas website, and well.... no where did it say how it was going to pay for all of this "free stuff" he is going to give away.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northbound74 View Post
He'll do it like the last Democratic President, by cutting wasteful government spending, closing some corporate tax loopholes, and raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans.

He's basically aligned with the Republicans on teachers/education. He wants to fire ineffective teachers and promote good ones. Do you want your kids taught by lackies making 18k/year?

Investment in people at the college level will make us more competitive in the global economy. As a country, we are very uneducated, as many of your posts illustrate.

When has he promised "free healthcare?" Affordable≠Free

Old 09-08-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
you beat me too it, i was just looking through the entire list of "give aways" on obamas website, and well.... no where did it say how it was going to pay for all of this "free stuff" he is going to give away.
You are exaggerating.

Just like Bill Clinton did (and unlike Bush), Obama will veto spending bills that can't be paid for. BTW, since you were just there, you can read about it on his website.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 PM

7 posts, read 10,933 times
Interesting chart, I think I saw it on BusinessWeek or Fortune before.

According to the chart, I favor McCain's plan. And I think it is better for the economics.

Why? I have an one man business. If I'm making under 250k/year, I would not even consider hiring. There are risk in business, you can't always assume you are going to make the same amount all the time. If I'm making more than 605k/year, then I feel comfortable with my future and I think I can afford hiring people. With Obama's plan, I certainly hire less people. For me, if I'm making more than 605k/year, bagging money to secure saving/retirement accounts will no longer that critical, growing the business is, which means hiring more people.

For people making less than $37000 What's important is the motivation to earn more money and skills, not tax cut. You can easily make a lot more if you make good progress in your career compare to that tiny tax cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections