Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 06:05 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times

Advertisements

everybody is making a huge deal out of palin being the first female VP. before it was hilary being the fiirst female presidential hopeful.

now (Cynthia McKinney for President 2008/Green Party - 53 ...) Cynthia Mckinney is running for the Green Party wheres her buzz? Wheres all the feminist who were attracted to Hilary Clinton and then later to Palin.

Cynthia McKinney is actually onto a more Historical landscape then Palin for one because she is the only female Presidential Hopefull. Though i know her winning the race is 1 in 100th of a chance but the point is why arent women supporting her while she's the only female Candidate right now?

MySpace.com - Cynthia McKinney for President 2008/Green Party - 53 - Female - ATLANTA, Georgia - www.myspace.com/runcynthiarun

im kinda busy so i dont have time to dig up other pages until later until then view her myspace or cry me a river as to why i gave you a myspace page to view other than that i dont give a f^ck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 06:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Now . . . um . . . correct me if I am wrong . . . but isn't she the congresswoman who got all hot and bothered w/ Capitol Hill police b/c she didn't have an ID w/ her and they wouldn't let her pass . . . wh/ is standard operating procedure. Seems it turned into a big brawl . . . and she made the incident into a big deal - calling in ACLU (or some other activist group) . . . but then didn't it turn out she had to apologize for her behavior since people were only doing their jobs . . . and seems like she was caught making some nasty comments when she thought her mike was turned off.

Now ya'll correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think she made a very favorable impression on most of America.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Now . . . um . . . correct me if I am wrong . . . but isn't she the congresswoman who got all hot and bothered w/ Capitol Hill police b/c she didn't have an ID w/ her and they wouldn't let her pass . . . wh/ is standard operating procedure. Seems it turned into a big brawl . . . and she made the incident into a big deal - calling in ACLU (or some other activist group) . . . but then didn't it turn out she had to apologize for her behavior since people were only doing their jobs . . . and seems like she was caught making some nasty comments when she thought her mike was turned off.

Now ya'll correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think she made a very favorable impression on most of America.
maybe not, but at least she is upfront though and not PC!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:17 PM

Yes, memory does serve me correctly.

CNN.com - McKinney apologizes for scuffle with officer - Apr 6, 2006

Old 09-08-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
maybe not, but at least she is upfront though and not PC!
She had to apologize - she was in the wrong. There was nothing heroic about her actions at all. She should have been ashamed, but evidently she thinks she is quite special - and above the law.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:20 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
city, we still have faith in you,,, joing us, we are the good side, the winners,, you want to win...? were the answer...

Old 09-08-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
She had to apologize - she was in the wrong. There was nothing heroic about her actions at all. She should have been ashamed, but evidently she thinks she is quite special - and above the law.
yes how many other presidents we had thought they were above the law and nothing happened to them when they were in worse scandals?

Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,624 times
Is she your candidate? Because calling people hypocrites and uniformed in order to get them to learn more about her seems like poor manners.

I don't know much about McKinney's politics but I was very unimpressed with her when she had her 2006 incident with Capitol Police. She came across as arrogant and reactionary at that time.

I would love to see a strong third party in our country as it would make our political process more balanced. Though I doubt my first impression will be easily changed I will read more about her political positions.

Thank you for pointing my uninformed self to researching her. I do not think I am hypocritical as I was never voting for someone because of their gender.

I would suggest directing people to her more coherent and calmer campaign site. Her myspaces page was a hard to get through.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
city, we still have faith in you,,, joing us, we are the good side, the winners,, you want to win...? were the answer...

nah im good maybe if you pubs had read between the lines like someone said and elected ron paul, or if you went back to the ideas of the republican party of ERA where blacks were republicans the maybe i'd consider but sooner or later republican and democrat parties will be done or more parties will come to surface and or gain support til then imma democrat and dont necessarily vote down party lines like some people.

just cause they are the same party u are doesnt mean they are right

Old 09-08-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
nah im good maybe if you pubs had read between the lines like someone said and elected ron paul, or if you went back to the ideas of the republican party of the maybe i'd consider but sooner or later republican and democrat parties will be done or more parties will come to surface and or gain support til then imma democrat and dont necessarily vote down party lines like some people.

just cause they are the same party u are doesnt mean they are right

Exactly - and just b/c McKinney is a female, doesn't mean other women would want to vote for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections