Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:53 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,223,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
She should not even try to twist...that is your job.
Since you've done nothing but attack other people's posts and had nothing to contribute opinionwise.........we of the forum would imagine that you really don't have an opinion are are seeking responses to your being condescending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 03:08 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
You see now, you're neo-confused. This is the post.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12024077-post42.html

Siding with the Right does not necessarily mean consistantly voting Right, as you put it, when I say siding with the right, I mean siding with the right's points of views and ideologies. You sure love to twist, and try to get people to say what they really didn't. Therefore, neo-confused. You do not understand.

Lieberman is a poor example of a democrat. Even a poorer excuse for a politician since he failed to conceal his massive campaign contributions from the insurance industry, which is why he is holding up Healthcare Reform, it's not his ideology to be truthful, honest, and forthright.

Keep twisting, I'm able to keep up.
I surely hope you're not questioning my posts because you're supporting this fool. I'm hoping that you're launching the spanish inquisition here in an open forum.
You're not supporting this guy are you?
You are still not answering the question: give some examples where he sided with the right? I do not mean part of the health care bill, as that is a no brainer when the majority of Americans do not like what is being proposed (if they can even understand it, which most of us can not) I am not talking about what he did or didn't do about hiding campaign contribution information, I am referring to your saying he sided with the right. Overall he is far from a right winger or someone who sides with the right (again I say overall, each of us can see good and bad on both side, or most of us anyway) What part of this can you not accept? Do I support him, supporting him for what? I do not think he is running for anything at this time?

You know, sometimes you can make a little sense, other times, like now, you are grabbing at everything and anything. You do not have to like him or trust him, but don't say things that are not true and make them sound like fact.!!!!

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 12-15-2009 at 03:16 PM..

Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Specter always had a fairly liberal voting record, he was basically your typical Rockefeller Republican. The GOP for many years had an active liberal or Rockefeller wing especially in the northeast. This was especially true in the Philadelphia suburbs which is where Specter's base was. As southern Evangelicals took more control over the GOP it really turned off the voters to the GOP in suburban Philly. The area went from solidly Republican to solidly Democratic. Out of the four main suburban Philly counties, two of them (Bucks and Chester) have swung towards the Dems in 5 of the last 6 Presidential elections. The other two (Delaware & Montgomery) have swung to the Dems in six consecutive elections. During all of this time many were switching their voting registrations as well, but enough of the old Rockefeller base was left to help Specter. However, over the last few years the party switching picked up in mass. The suburban Philly Rockefeller Republicans that was Specter's base for many years, no longer existed. The hard right move within the party chased them away and they became Democrats.
yep he was always to the middle or even left and believe it or not, I actually liked his views at one time... I still think he may have been to the left of even the Rockefeler Republicans, but we could debate this all day I think. You are too good of a debater for me to argue with..No fun!!!

Nita

Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,515,833 times
Quote:
Since you've done nothing but attack other people's posts and had nothing to contribute opinionwise.........we of the forum would imagine that you really don't have an opinion are are seeking responses to your being condescending.
Do you still hear voices in your head?

You can speak for all the others with your omnipotent knowledge of everything?

With your glorious awesomeness how can you even stand to be in the same room with yourself?

Since you seem to be memory challenged, I did state a position that you ignored (since it is different than your bias) but that is what you do. Not consider anything that isn't you. Which is why you attack everyone and everything that challenges your narrow view.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 PM

22,102 posts, read 19,306,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep he was always to the middle or even left and believe it or not, I actually liked his views at one time... I still think he may have been to the left of even the Rockefeler Republicans, but we could debate this all day I think. You are too good of a debater for me to argue with..No fun!!!

Nita

Haha thanks, while I may disagree with you on many things, appreciate the kind words

Old 12-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Haha thanks, while I may disagree with you on many things, appreciate the kind words
you really do know a heck of a lot more than I do and I hate to admit that..LOl I guess one might say: you are a political junky and that is not meant to be a criticism. You always have your facts pretty straight and yes, we do disagree more than we agree, but I respect your views.. even if the are wrong...

Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,223,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
You are still not answering the question: give some examples where he sided with the right? I do not mean part of the health care bill, as that is a no brainer when the majority of Americans do not like what is being proposed (if they can even understand it, which most of us can not) I am not talking about what he did or didn't do about hiding campaign contribution information, I am referring to your saying he sided with the right. Overall he is far from a right winger or someone who sides with the right (again I say overall, each of us can see good and bad on both side, or most of us anyway) What part of this can you not accept? Do I support him, supporting him for what? I do not think he is running for anything at this time?

You know, sometimes you can make a little sense, other times, like now, you are grabbing at everything and anything. You do not have to like him or trust him, but don't say things that are not true and make them sound like fact.!!!!

Nita
Quote:
You are still not answering the question: give some examples where he sided with the right?
Here is his voting record. He has on numerous occasions sided w/right. For one, the Iraq war, while Mr. President was against it.
Project Vote Smart - Senator Joseph I. Lieberman - Voting Record

Quote:
You're not supporting this guy are you?
Allow me to rephrase then, do you defend his actions?
I'm grabbing at the fact that he betrayed the Democratic Party. He is a man that is not to be trusted by the Democrats. Plain and simple.
Wheather the right trusts him, I cannot say, but in the past few days, he's looking more like a Republican all the time, you know, the party of no?

Last edited by Hombre57; 12-15-2009 at 08:02 PM..

Old 12-15-2009, 08:27 PM

26,115 posts, read 48,712,075 times
Joe Lieberman never met a stack of vested interest cash he couldn't deep throat. Come 2012, he'll lose if he runs.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Here is his voting record. He has on numerous occasions sided w/right. For one, the Iraq war, while Mr. President was against it.
Project Vote Smart - Senator Joseph I. Lieberman - Voting Record

Allow me to rephrase then, do you defend his actions?
I'm grabbing at the fact that he betrayed the Democratic Party. He is a man that is not to be trusted by the Democrats. Plain and simple.
Wheather the right trusts him, I cannot say, but in the past few days, he's looking more like a Republican all the time, you know, the party of no?
And I continue to say, generally he is certainly far from right wing...yes, we all know he supported the Iraq war efforts. That is why the fallout with the Democrat party for the most part. Read what I have said, generally, many of us have views that differ from our basic leanings. As I said, I am only taking you to task because of your statement about him leaning so right. This is not true, but you continue to spin and twist instead of admitting you mis-spoke. I am neither defending him nor condeming him..

Nita

Old 12-15-2009, 10:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,683,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
I live in Connecticut

in local state politics within the Democratic party- Lieberman is toast.

I am sure he will get over it considering they nominated Ned Lamont last election and old Joe beat the snot out of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections