U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,871,906 times

Advertisements

Former New York Mayor Ed Koch supported George Bush in 2004. But now he is supporting Obama. The reason? he says Sarah Palin is "Scary".

quote from Ed Koch:

"I have concluded that the country is safer in the hands of Barack Obama, leader of the Democratic Party and protector of the philosophy of that party. Protecting and defending the U.S. means more than defending us from foreign attacks. It includes defending the public with respect to their civil rights, civil liberties and other needs, e.g., national health insurance, the right of abortion, the continuation of Social Security, gay rights, other rights of privacy, fair progressive taxation and a host of other needs and rights.

If the vice president were ever called on to lead the country, there is no question in my mind that the experience and demonstrated judgment of Joe Biden is superior to that of Sarah Palin. Sarah Palin is a plucky, exciting candidate, but when her record is examined, she fails miserably with respect to her views on the domestic issues that are so important to the people of the U.S., and to me. Frankly, it would scare me if she were to succeed John McCain in the presidency."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmi...lin_scary.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 08:39 AM

12,408 posts, read 16,535,135 times
I think Koch is so cool.
People might disagree with him on an issue here or there, but
he has such a great wit and quick mind.

And, he has the added benefit of having his wits about him,
unlike some politician who is running for office presently.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:42 AM

171 posts, read 237,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Former New York Mayor Ed Koch supported George Bush in 2004. But now he is supporting Obama. The reason? he says Sarah Palin is "Scary".
.. all peoples who support Mc Cain and Palin must be stupid .. they can`t think clear ..
8 years in Washington and now Mc Cain want to change everything ???

Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
.. all peoples who support Mc Cain and Palin must be stupid .. they can`t think clear ..
8 years in Washington and now Mc Cain want to change everything ???
McCain hasnt changed a damn thing since he has been in Washington in his 26 years and now all of a sudden he is the change maverick. Who is he foolin?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 AM

1,491 posts, read 2,031,341 times
I believe McCain is even more scarier than Bush when it comes to foreign policy...he loves saber rattling and seems to be itching for a fight.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:47 AM

10,604 posts, read 14,273,087 times
If you read his piece he's voting for Biden. No surprise there.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 AM

1,389 posts, read 5,787,473 times
Yes yes yes for a second I thought America was full of idiots. I am so happy that I was wrong. Here we have a guy who is itching to get power. A guy who thinks he represent change who is 72yrs old. If he believes in change he would realize that his change is not the change America needs. He would realize that America needs to look to the future not the past and John McCain is the past.

I am still waiting on Sara Palin to stop been this fake bully and really speak. She reminds me of that kid in school who would hit another child and run to their mother before that child hit back. She comes out to speak and attack then hides.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I believe McCain is even more scarier than Bush when it comes to foreign policy...he loves saber rattling and seems to be itching for a fight.
With Bush is was Iraq. with McCain it would be Russia...scary though isnt it.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:56 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,942,855 times
The jewish voters don't like Palin.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:01 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,726,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
With Bush is was Iraq. with McCain it would be Russia...scary though isnt it.
I think you are underestimating McCain - it would be Russia and Iran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or