Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:22 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Nothing sad about it. Mac gets the excited crowds, gets elected, and Sarah virtually disappears.

Thus is it always with VPs.
Always? I think Mr Cheney has made a few modifications in that generalization. To be honest, it seems to me that VPs now more than ever will demand a little more attention from both the public and President. I can't see Gov Palin taking a backseat if they do get elected, not after she basically won the whole thing for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 04:27 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Trying to take a fair look at this...I watched Sarah "do her thing" (praise McCain and slam Obama) while having John standing to her left a bit behind her in Lancaster PA. The whole time I actually started to feel sorry for this man. He looked so uncomfortable! He tried to smile and point his finger to someone in the crowd every time they cheered for Sarah. You could see it in his eyes...he wanted to be able to garner this enthusiasm on his own.

Put yourself in this mans shoes for just 1 second... You are a war hero with a great story to tell. You have been on the inside of Washington so long, you know how it works. You were counted out more than once and you fought back. Try as you might, you were never able to get Obama like crowds and then out of the blue, your party picks your VP (We know Sarah was not his first or second choice) and then WHAM! You are now getting those huge crowds, people are excited again, and your poll numbers reflect it all. To think YOU (John McCain) is 1st on the ticket and you are totally being out done by your VP. Pretty sad uh?
Great post and so right on.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 AM

365 posts, read 525,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Read em and weep, traffic light:

RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - Latest Polls

Tuesday, September 9....

National Gallup Tracking McCain 49, Obama 44 McCain +5

National Rasmussen Tracking McCain 48, Obama 48 Tie

National Hotline/FD Tracking McCain 45, Obama 44 McCain +1

Florida PPP (D) McCain 50, Obama 45 McCain +5

National ABC News/Wash Post McCain 49, Obama 47 McCain +2

National CBS News McCain 46, Obama 44 McCain +2

Thanks, but no thanks, I don't care for illusions; anyway I have never went by polls. By the way, did you hear about Ed Koch said he will be voting for Obama? He said that Sarah was scary.

I don't have a need to weep, I'm ing.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:20 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traffic_light View Post
What is wrong with McCain-Palin? Are they ? They just don't get it! Illusions are for magician shows and not for elections.

McSame didn't even realize that a change was needed until Obama told him; and He still doesn't get it! McSame has stolen Obama's motto, but yet he still has no idea what change we need. McSame thinks he can fool the American people by saying that he is the change agent. These illusions McSame using trying to fool the American people for votes is going to fail. American people are not stupid! We know that Obama is the one that will bring the change we need, and only Obama, Not McCain.

If Sarah is so experience and ready to be the president one-heart-beat away, then tell us, why want they let her face the media? Why is Sarah being used as a cheer leader?

The Americans are not stupid, and American get it! We know that these are illusions. We see straight through McSame's strategy to fool the American people. It will take more than McCain echoing Obama's motto to fool us. Because it's not a shake up that we need - but it's A CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN!

We know that McCain-Palin means 4 more years of the same!

OBAMA IS THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE CHANGE AGENT!

Straight talk: Stop the illusions McSame!

NO WAY -- NO HOW -- NO McCAIN-PALIN!!!

As Hillary said, they have nothing to offer, this is, sadly, the best they can do. McCain was all but dead in the water, needs her energy, although I see it as fluff, unfortuantely some will believe it-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections