Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

It's all in the context - without Palin's reference to pitbulls & lipstick, it would have been no big deal.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It's all in the context - without Palin's reference to pitbulls & lipstick, it would have been no big deal.
Yeah, there's absolutely no way you could have misinterpreted what he said.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default He's just punning us....

So, you think Mr. Obama would never use an innuendo... an insinuation... a double entendre... ???

Maybe it was just a freudian slip... simply an innocent slip of the tongue... ???

Let's be honest. He knew exactly what he was saying and meant it to be all of the above.

1,788 posts, read 3,920,686 times
Well he just denied it, he looses another 3-4 points in the polls. What an idiot

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
He was certainly DEMEANING her little lipstick joke at the convention. Where he just cant stand it that she came up with a spontaneous joke to fill time that related to the audience in hockey jerseys. A joke that had nothing to do with him and stuck

They can't stand it that women are carrying signs at her rallies mentioning lipstick.

EVIDENCED by Biden being introduced on the very same day with another demeaning comment about LIPSTICK. It was not a coincidence they both went on the LIPSTICK attack.

"Lipstick" has become dog whistle for Palin. For one day only since it failed.

Obama campaign's failed attempt at cheap shots.

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Yeah, there's absolutely no way you could have misinterpreted what he said.
Well, in that case, you'd have to conclude that neither Obama nor McCain have good judgment (ref. his comment about Chelsea way back when).

Neither one is fit to lead, except that Obama has had far more lapses in judgement than McCain has.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:43 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Obama . . . "made up controversy" . . . "innocent remark" . . . "catnip for the newspaper". . .

Everyone is laughing. "It would be funny except the news media decided this was the lead story"

"phony diversions" . . . "this happens every four years - this is what we do"

education system. . . economy . . . 2 wars . . . veterans coming home and not being taken care of . . . and this is what they want to talk about

You know who ends up losing? You, the American people

"Enough!!! I love this country too much to let them take over another election w/ lies and swift boat politics"

"There are serious times and call for a serious debate"

Okay - there are my notes . . . and I have to agree with him. I am not voting for him, but really . . .

Let's all stick to true issues.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:56 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Default Words reveal character

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Obama . . . "made up controversy" . . . "innocent remark" . . . "catnip for the newspaper". . .

Everyone is laughing. "It would be funny except the news media decided this was the lead story"

"phony diversions" . . . "this happens every four years - this is what we do"

education system. . . economy . . . 2 wars . . . veterans coming home and not being taken care of . . . and this is what they want to talk about

You know who ends up losing? You, the American people

"Enough!!! I love this country too much to let them take over another election w/ lies and swift boat politics"

"These are serious times and call for a serious debate"

Okay - there are my notes . . . and I have to agree with him. I am not voting for him, but really . . .

Let's all stick to true issues.
Lets face it, Obama's entire campaign has been catnip for the media.

It wasn't an innocent remark. The man's not stupid... and we all know he's an excellent speaker.

I especially agree with your notes that I've bolded.

especially "let's all stick to true issues"...

Does America understand the real costs of socialized healthcare?

Is Obama ready to lead?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM

1,920 posts, read 2,780,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Lets face it, Obama's entire campaign has been catnip for the media.

It wasn't an innocent remark. The man's not stupid... and we all know he's an excellent speaker.

I especially agree with your notes that I've bolded.

especially "let's all stick to true issues"...

Does America understand the real costs of socialized healthcare?

Is he ready to lead?
I guess Im different, Im a lib, I think he meant it, and Im glad he said it.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sberdrow View Post

I guess Im different, Im a lib, I think he meant it, and Im glad he said it.
I hope you didn't mean that, and if you do, I hope there aren't too many like you out there.

If he meant it, it's not showing the character I want to see in my country's leaders. Maybe I'm different too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections