Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 10:36 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times

Advertisements

"Other politicians have also used the phrase in recent years, including Vice President Dick Cheney, Sen. Maria Cantwell of Washington state, Sen. James Inhofe of Oklahoma, Sen. Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Rep. John Mica of Florida and Rep. Tom Tancredo of Colorado, among others."
SOURCE

Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 AM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
I'm a woman, a registered Independent, and this "lipstick on a pig" BS from Palin is cheesing me off royally.

If she doesn't start talking ISSUES, I'm going to start campaigning against their ticket instead of just sitting on the sidelines.

And by the way, I happened to be living in Massachusetts when Palin's "Truth Guard" Jane Swift was governor. Using Jane Swift to represent you in the political arena shows seriously questionable judgment. Check out an entry from Swift's Wikipedia bio: . . . .
You're not becoming worried about Obama and Biden losing Mass are you?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 AM

Anytime someone calls for discussion of the issues they're categorized as "worried" or "loser".....telling isn't it?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Welcome to the big leagues. Obama zings McCain/Palin with a humorous line in reference to Palin's speech. Crowd recognizes it and screams their pleasure. McCain counterattacks and now Barry's whining and crying -- like a little boy running to mom when someone hits him back. Is this the future for the next eight weeks?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM

Default McCain ally Mike Huckabee took Obama's side on the issue, saying he didn't think it was a swipe at Palin.

Even Governor Huckabee says he didn't think it was a swipe at Palin, on FOX News, Hannity & Colmes.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:45 AM

Lightbulb lol...Confused?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Welcome to the big leagues. Obama zings McCain/Palin with a humorous line in reference to Palin's speech. Crowd recognizes it and screams their pleasure. McCain counterattacks and now Barry's whining and crying -- like a little boy running to mom when someone hits him back. Is this the future for the next eight weeks?

McCain camp angry over Obama's 'lipstick' comment...Seems to be the Headline today....

Angry is "whiner" in your neck of the woods, correct?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:45 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Squirming and lying that the phrase wasn't a zing on Palin but an "innocent expression." fwiw, I think McCain went overboard in indignation but Obama isn't going to concede it was in reference to Palin's acceptance address. Instead he's going to one up McCain in the indignation game. That is unless he flip flops later today.

BBC NEWS | Americas | Obama rejects 'lipstick' charge

"And there was speculation that Mr Obama might apologise, but he took a more aggressive line, says the BBC's Kevin Connolly in Washington.
He dismissed the "made-up controversy" on Wednesday - defending his remark as an "innocent expression". Mr Obama said his comments had been taken out of context."

Obama accuses McCain campaign of 'lies' - Decision '08 - MSNBC.com
"What their campaign has done this morning is the same game that has made people sick and tired of politics in this country. They seize on an innocent remark, try to take it out of context, throw up an outrageous ad because they know that it's catnip for the news media," Obama said.
Even if Obama WAS insulting Palin, so what? It's an election--what did you expect? His comments were funny. Lighten up.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Well them Obama probably won't get one single vote as much as he has whined.....
I think you've got your democratic candidates mixed up

Quote:
I don't look like the other faces on the dollar bills"....whah, whah, whah.....
He doesn't

Quote:
People clinging to guns and religion"......whah, whah, whah......
They shouldn't, and rather than him demand other people apologize, he apologized for poor wording

Quote:
"Michelle is off limits".......whah, whah, whah......
She should be off limits, spouses aren't running. I think he's made that very clear.

Quote:
"Michelle is proud of her country for the first time".....whah, whah, whah.....
Glad she's proud, doesn't sound like he's whining about anything

Quote:
On and on.
Try again.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
Even if Obama WAS insulting Palin, so what? It's an election--what did you expect? His comments were funny. Lighten up.
I agree. My good laugh is watching him be insulting and then whining "enough, enough" when hit back.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
It really doesn't matter that the expression has been around forever or that she referenced herself as a pit bull with lipstick.
How do you feel that Mccain had made the same comment about Hillary? Let it go--it's just politics, its not personal.
He continues to have so many strategic and "emotional quotient" errors it's not even funny. That personal attack rings clearly in everyone's head and will be felt as offensive regardless of the logic. The so called Presidential candidate bashing the adversaries VP, and not even on anything substantive. Are two huge mistakes.His style, smugness, sarcasm, not really a laugh but more of a smirk, gaps in the sentences like he can't decide what comes next (as usual) are the third.The wandering around the floor just spouting off stream of conscious ridiculous crap is very off putting. Like Saturday "What? Do they think your stupid?".
People are dying in Iraq! McCain wants us there.
People are losing their homes! McCain doesn't know how many he owns.
Unemployment is up! McCain thinks the middle class is in the $5 million dollar range.
Does a persons mannerisms REALLY matter against all that? No.
These are things a person is taught in manager training about relating to people, giving talks or speeches, body language etc...not even politics. There's no excuse for the mistakes. He cannot relate to people you saw the tremendous difference in today's press conference to the press versus the silly giggling way he talked to the citizens earlier. Sorta a condescending and fake way that reads "God I can't wait to get out of here".
And you really think MCCAIN identifies with you? He dumped his disabled wife for a millionairess. He's buddies with George Bush. He identifies with MONEY.
It is beneath him to pretend to like them. Hillary would NEVER EVER come off that way and would be her natural political self...extremely gracious and engaging.
I know, I miss Hillary too.
And guess what. The White Shirt every day, day after day, week after week? A complete Louis Farrakhan subliminal.
The economys in the toilet and Obamas shirt color is a concern for you????
Barack Obama is either loosing his cool or going to fade.His only hope is that Palin screws up royally in her interviews or debates and it's still possible. But thanks to Barry, I'm pretty sure most of America will not even care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections