U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
 
1,479 posts, read 1,617,335 times
Reputation: 301
Default Sarah Palin's Alaskonomics

Sarah Palin's Alaskonomics - TIME

Palin repeatedly states that she is a tough fiscal reformer. But Alaska leads the nation in leeching off Washington"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:58 PM
 
12,360 posts, read 7,596,243 times
Reputation: 4091
in 2008 obama had 53 pork projects worth a total of 97.4 million dollars and mccain had 0 pork projects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
 
Location: West Palm Beach - Flamingo Park
14,598 posts, read 15,217,944 times
Reputation: 6190
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
in 2008 obama had 53 pork projects worth a total of 97.4 million dollars and mccain had 0 pork projects.
I think Obamaphiles have forgotten who they're actually running against, lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,341 posts, read 7,467,457 times
Reputation: 4560
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
in 2008 obama had 53 pork projects worth a total of 97.4 million dollars and mccain had 0 pork projects.
Obama's projects always had something to do with bettering the community: Health care services, education etc. He's been very frank about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Fort Myers, FL
1,286 posts, read 1,852,873 times
Reputation: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Obama's projects always had something to do with bettering the community: Health care services, education etc. He's been very frank about it.
your wrong. $300k for wrigley field, aquarium, some museum, its been pointless ****.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 01:11 PM
 
3,256 posts, read 3,104,810 times
Reputation: 537
Since people from each state contribute to the general fund, and since there are programs that the federal govt runs, it behooves the congressmen and women of a state delegation to bring some of that money back to the state. How this is corrupt, I actually do not know. If the bridge was not built and the money spent on something else, that would be more disconcerting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Seward, Alaska
2,742 posts, read 5,240,447 times
Reputation: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Sarah Palin's Alaskonomics - TIME

Palin repeatedly states that she is a tough fiscal reformer. But Alaska leads the nation in leeching off Washington"


That would be Alaska Senator Ted Stevens doing...you can't attribute the "leeching" to Palin. Stevens is currently under indictment for several felony corruption charges...the very same "good 'ol boys" stuff Palin has been active in rooting out of Alaska state government...even against her own party...

Alaska Congressman Don Young has been a "porker" too, IMHO.

As a registered independant, I voted against both of those guys in the recent primaries...
But I'm voting FOR McCain/Palin. She is indeed a fiscal reformer. With an 80% approval rating, even a lot of the Democrats here in Alaska like her...


Bud
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Imaginary Figment
11,341 posts, read 7,467,457 times
Reputation: 4560
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
your wrong. $300k for wrigley field, aquarium, some museum, its been pointless ****.
Looks like it's all about the building a community to me:

$590,000 -- Chicago Park District, land acquisition, design and development of Renaissance Park, 79th and Ada (2000)
$500,000 -- Southwest Women Working Together, equipment for domestic-violence shelter (2002)
$450,000 -- Kennedy-King College, Opening Doors/Changing Lives and domestic-violence programs (2001)
$200,000 -- Chicago Park District, Auburn Park expansion (2000)
$200,000 -- Citizenship Education Fund/Rainbow PUSH LaSalle Street Project, "venture-capital business for underserved areas" (2000)
$100,000 -- Chicago Better Housing Association, Englewood botanical garden (2001)
$100,000 -- Chicago Park District, Jackson Park track (2000)
$100,000 -- Chicago Park District, Murray Park improvements (2000)
$100,000 -- Museum of Science and Industry, Time Museum exhibit (2001)
$100,000 -- St. Sabina parish, repairs to the Ark community center (2001)
$100,000 -- South Side YMCA, child-development center (2000)
$100,000 -- South Side YMCA, child-development center (2001)
$80,000 -- Hayes Manor Senior Center, two vans (2000)
$75,000 -- Fulfilling Our Responsibility Unto Mankind (F.O.R.U.M.), "21st Century e-family.com initiative" (2001)
$60,000 -- Chicago Park District, West Chatham Park improvements (2000)
$50,000 -- Big Buddies Youth Services, teen mentoring (2000)
$50,000 -- Black United Fund, building renovations (2001)
$50,000 -- Chicago Park District, Leland Giants Park expansion (2000)
$50,000 -- ETA Creative Arts Foundation facility expansion (2001)
$50,000 -- Southwest Youth Collaborative, Youth/Teen Activity Center (2000)
$37,500 -- Chicago Urban League, "research on technology in the public schools" (2001)
$30,000 -- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club, van (2000)
$30,000 -- Southwest Youth Collaborative, "programs for at-risk children" (2001)
$25,000 -- Big Buddies Youth Services, teen mentoring and sports (2001)
$25,000 -- Blue Gargoyle Youth Service Center, literacy and counseling (2001)
$25,000 -- Chicago Youth Centers, Rebecca Crown Center library and reading room, dance facility (2001)
$25,000 -- Christ Deliverance Center, day-care, after-school programs (2000)
$25,000 -- Harris YMCA renovations, new equipment (2001)
$25,000 -- Interventions, drug rehab program (2000)
$25,000 -- Metropolitan Family Services, Teen Resources Center (2001)
$25,000 -- South Shore Drill Team, "purchasing performance equipment, uniforms and shoes for new recruits, and paying off vehicles" (2001)
$20,000 -- Black United Fund, "writing services" to local groups (2000)
$20,000 -- Business & Economic Revitalization Association Economic Development Program (2000)
$20,000 -- Happy Companion, office space (2001)
$20,000 -- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club, senior and youth programs (2001)
$15,000 -- Holis House, renovation (2002)
$15,000 -- Hyde Park Art Center, "facility planning" (2001)
$15,000 -- Marquette Development Center, job training (2001)
$15,000 -- South Shore Planning and Preservation Coalition, "increase publication of the South Shore Directory" (2001)
$15,000 -- Woodlawn East Community and Neighbors Inc., Lekotek Learning Center (2001)
$12,000 -- South Shore Planning and Preservation Coalition, "business directory to create jobs" (2000)
$10,000 -- 15th Ward Organization Crime Stoppers, anti-gang/drug programs (2001)
$10,000 -- Fund for Community Redevelopment and Revitalization, "community-policing support and training/establishment of citizen safety patrols" (2001)
$10,000 -- South Shore Chamber of Commerce Program Development Project (2000)
$10,000 -- South Shore Chamber Inc. (2001)
$10,000 -- St. Philip Neri School, "after-school community and senior programs, and crime watch" (2001)
$10,000 -- West Englewood United Organization for the Clara Tempie Hampton Housing (2001)
$5,000 -- Chicago Public Library Blackstone Branch, poetry workshops, jazz concerts, advertising (2001)
$5,000 -- Chicago Public Library South Shore Branch, "various costs" including chess equipment, books and knitting supplies (2001)
$5,000 -- Cook County Englewood Health Center (2001)
$5,000 -- Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce Clean Streets Program (2001)
$5,000 -- James Madison Elementary School, intercom system (2001)
$5,000 -- Jazz Unites, "extending 'Project Awareness' for 2-3 weeks" (2001)
$5,000 -- Miles Davis Academy, construction (2001)
$2,500 -- Hyde Park Kenwood Community Conference, Chicago Academic Games League (2001)
$2,500 -- Hyde Park Kenwood Community Conference Nichols Park gardens (2001)
$2,500 -- Hyde Park Youth Symphony, community outreach (2001)
$2,500 -- Mostly Music, public school arts enrichment program (2001)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
 
1,885 posts, read 1,601,093 times
Reputation: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
your wrong. $300k for wrigley field, aquarium, some museum, its been pointless ****.
How about this Obama gazebo for 100,000.00

Talk about wasteful pork. Now i now why he said something about lipstick on a pig, he is the pork king of congress.



http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/mccainpalin08/obamazebo.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2008, 02:32 PM
 
1,885 posts, read 1,601,093 times
Reputation: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Looks like it's all about the building a community to me:

$590,000 -- Chicago Park District, land acquisition, design and development of Renaissance Park, 79th and Ada (2000)
$500,000 -- Southwest Women Working Together, equipment for domestic-violence shelter (2002)
$450,000 -- Kennedy-King College, Opening Doors/Changing Lives and domestic-violence programs (2001)
$200,000 -- Chicago Park District, Auburn Park expansion (2000)
$200,000 -- Citizenship Education Fund/Rainbow PUSH LaSalle Street Project, "venture-capital business for underserved areas" (2000)
$100,000 -- Chicago Better Housing Association, Englewood botanical garden (2001)
$100,000 -- Chicago Park District, Jackson Park track (2000)
$100,000 -- Chicago Park District, Murray Park improvements (2000)
$100,000 -- Museum of Science and Industry, Time Museum exhibit (2001)
$100,000 -- St. Sabina parish, repairs to the Ark community center (2001)
$100,000 -- South Side YMCA, child-development center (2000)
$100,000 -- South Side YMCA, child-development center (2001)
$80,000 -- Hayes Manor Senior Center, two vans (2000)
$75,000 -- Fulfilling Our Responsibility Unto Mankind (F.O.R.U.M.), "21st Century e-family.com initiative" (2001)
$60,000 -- Chicago Park District, West Chatham Park improvements (2000)
$50,000 -- Big Buddies Youth Services, teen mentoring (2000)
$50,000 -- Black United Fund, building renovations (2001)
$50,000 -- Chicago Park District, Leland Giants Park expansion (2000)
$50,000 -- ETA Creative Arts Foundation facility expansion (2001)
$50,000 -- Southwest Youth Collaborative, Youth/Teen Activity Center (2000)
$37,500 -- Chicago Urban League, "research on technology in the public schools" (2001)
$30,000 -- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club, van (2000)
$30,000 -- Southwest Youth Collaborative, "programs for at-risk children" (2001)
$25,000 -- Big Buddies Youth Services, teen mentoring and sports (2001)
$25,000 -- Blue Gargoyle Youth Service Center, literacy and counseling (2001)
$25,000 -- Chicago Youth Centers, Rebecca Crown Center library and reading room, dance facility (2001)
$25,000 -- Christ Deliverance Center, day-care, after-school programs (2000)
$25,000 -- Harris YMCA renovations, new equipment (2001)
$25,000 -- Interventions, drug rehab program (2000)
$25,000 -- Metropolitan Family Services, Teen Resources Center (2001)
$25,000 -- South Shore Drill Team, "purchasing performance equipment, uniforms and shoes for new recruits, and paying off vehicles" (2001)
$20,000 -- Black United Fund, "writing services" to local groups (2000)
$20,000 -- Business & Economic Revitalization Association Economic Development Program (2000)
$20,000 -- Happy Companion, office space (2001)
$20,000 -- Hyde Park Neighborhood Club, senior and youth programs (2001)
$15,000 -- Holis House, renovation (2002)
$15,000 -- Hyde Park Art Center, "facility planning" (2001)
$15,000 -- Marquette Development Center, job training (2001)
$15,000 -- South Shore Planning and Preservation Coalition, "increase publication of the South Shore Directory" (2001)
$15,000 -- Woodlawn East Community and Neighbors Inc., Lekotek Learning Center (2001)
$12,000 -- South Shore Planning and Preservation Coalition, "business directory to create jobs" (2000)
$10,000 -- 15th Ward Organization Crime Stoppers, anti-gang/drug programs (2001)
$10,000 -- Fund for Community Redevelopment and Revitalization, "community-policing support and training/establishment of citizen safety patrols" (2001)
$10,000 -- South Shore Chamber of Commerce Program Development Project (2000)
$10,000 -- South Shore Chamber Inc. (2001)
$10,000 -- St. Philip Neri School, "after-school community and senior programs, and crime watch" (2001)
$10,000 -- West Englewood United Organization for the Clara Tempie Hampton Housing (2001)
$5,000 -- Chicago Public Library Blackstone Branch, poetry workshops, jazz concerts, advertising (2001)
$5,000 -- Chicago Public Library South Shore Branch, "various costs" including chess equipment, books and knitting supplies (2001)
$5,000 -- Cook County Englewood Health Center (2001)
$5,000 -- Hyde Park Chamber of Commerce Clean Streets Program (2001)
$5,000 -- James Madison Elementary School, intercom system (2001)
$5,000 -- Jazz Unites, "extending 'Project Awareness' for 2-3 weeks" (2001)
$5,000 -- Miles Davis Academy, construction (2001)
$2,500 -- Hyde Park Kenwood Community Conference, Chicago Academic Games League (2001)
$2,500 -- Hyde Park Kenwood Community Conference Nichols Park gardens (2001)
$2,500 -- Hyde Park Youth Symphony, community outreach (2001)
$2,500 -- Mostly Music, public school arts enrichment program (2001)

Was this while he was a Senator? Guess not.

You kinda forgot the 2.5 million on the Obama gave Rezko on apartments that were never refurbished and are now needing demolished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top