Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 11:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Are you kidding? Yes she "owes" it to me, and every other citizen of this country. She is running for the Vice President of the United States, not American Idol.
No she doesn't. She doesn't "owe" it to you to immediately start giving interviews. She is already scheduled for this Thursday - what's the big rush? Biden might have given interviews on Meet the Press, etc., but if it was before he was the VP candidate, it was irrelevant because a lot of people weren't paying attention. So why did he wait 18 days to give an interview? I didn't hear Republicans demanding to hear from him. I think when she does talk, Sarah will be blowing everyone away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2008, 11:33 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
No she doesn't. She doesn't "owe" it to you to immediately start giving interviews. She is already scheduled for this Thursday - what's the big rush? Biden might have given interviews on Meet the Press, etc., but if it was before he was the VP candidate, it was irrelevant because a lot of people weren't paying attention. So why did he wait 18 days to give an interview? I didn't hear Republicans demanding to hear from him. I think when she does talk, Sarah will be blowing everyone away.
The big rush? The media have been scrutinizing candidates for months and years now, while Palin they have not. Election time is in less 60 days, time to get out there and start answering hard questions.

You aren't able to see the difference: Biden has been on the scene for sometime now, and there aren't many unknowns about him. There is not much ambiguity about the man. Palin has been cast into the national spotlight, and may be the POTUS if McCain falls ill or passes. She needs to address questions about herself and quit hiding.

Although, why I am not surprised you don't think it's important? Anybody who has stood by republican policies over the last several years, must have exceedingly low standards to begin with.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:36 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,830 times
Quote:
what's the big rush? Biden might have given interviews on Meet the Press, etc., but if it was before he was the VP candidate, it was irrelevant because a lot of people weren't paying attention.
Wrong, he was on Meet The Press on Sept. 7th, this past weekend. I was certainly paying attention.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The big rush? The media have been scrutinizing candidates for months and years now, while Palin they have not. Election time is in less 60 days, time to get out there and start answering hard questions.

You aren't able to see the difference: Biden has been on the scene for sometime now, and there aren't many unknowns about him. There is not much ambiguity about the man. Palin has been cast into the national spotlight, and may be the POTUS if McCain falls ill or passes. She needs to address questions about herself and quit hiding.

Although, why I am not surprised you don't think it's important? Anybody who has stood by republican policies over the last several years, must have exceedingly low standards to begin with.
Well thanks for the insults. Nope, I don't see the difference at all. Both are running for VP, neither talked right away after accepting. I didn't really know a whole lot more about Biden than I did about Palin. I never really expected him to be the VP candidate, so didn't pay a whole lot of attention to him. So I knew him about as well as you know Palin. You will see plenty of her between now and election day, I'm sure. I for one can't wait for the debates. I think she'll kick Biden's @ss!

Old 09-09-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Wrong, he was on Meet The Press on Sept. 7th, this past weekend. I was certainly paying attention.
Did you miss the part where I said "if it was BEFORE he was a VP candidate it was irrelevant"? September 7th was AFTER he had been picked for VP.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:43 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I for one can't wait for the debates. I think she'll kick Biden's @ss!
They aren't keeping her under wraps for her strength.

Old 09-09-2008, 11:44 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,660,830 times
Quote:
Biden might have given interviews on Meet the Press, etc., but if it was before he was the VP candidate, it was irrelevant because a lot of people weren't paying attention. So why did he wait 18 days to give an interview?
Where are you getting 18 days from?

Old 09-09-2008, 11:53 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,587,007 times
why are you whining about her being interviewed or not?

lol

is it because she's leading in the polls?

do you realize that she's actually helping McCain?
I spent the last few days watching every person attack her, and reading about how nobody would like her....

Looks like you guys were wrong....

and that would make YOU GUYS THE MINORITY!

One more thing...
Bad press can also be good press about a person.

Obama made three grave mistakes in his campaign.
1. Left the state of Illinois to run for office
2. Didn't choose Hillary
3. Going after Palin

His fourth mistake will be not conceding

Old 09-10-2008, 06:19 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,964 times
I believe this keeping her from talking is yet another insult to people. Of course many will buy it. McCain's camo went fishng and I 'm sure they will chook some of you. She is there to save McCain. Not because she has experirience or that she is a women to gain excitment of which there was none. Also McCain used her to make the base happy. Well there is excitment because she is a women and gave a good speach. Okay.. What else I guess that is enough , never hear her take a question that isn't part of her speach. THink about that and think about 9-11 when on that day Bush was taken away and Chaney had to call the shots. You want someone calling the shots but defend that she doesn;t do press conferences or interviews and you haven't heard what she has to say. How do you know that when she answers a question it will maKE any sense. How would you know if there was another 9-11 and she was in charge or if McCain dies she can deliver. You want to base your family , or saftey on never hearing her do anythi8ng but give a speach. The McCain camp knows they have a lot od people based on this excitment and there running with it. That tells me that they know she can't deliver and they want to hook as many people as possible , so that when she blunders those people will look the other way. If you vote for her great but base it because you have seen her good and bad days. Also McCain is runnning for President in case you forgot.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:27 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times
Her interview is going to be scripted to make her look better. How much more important will this interview be if she ends up the first female VP? You think ABC wants to be the reason they lose? It will be a soft, Jay Leno like interview in which they will ask her simple questions to start, move into the basic issues, maybe touch on something "controversial" and make sure she is prepared with questions from the beginning.

You want to make this a good interview? Do it in front of a live audience and have the American people ask the questions while ABC moderates the interview. This should be done with all 4 of them. This scripted, edited interview crap is nonsense and needs to be stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections