U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 05:57 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,655,955 times
Default The Arab world is frightened of Palin

Gateway Pundit: Arab World Frightened Of Moose Hunting Alaska Mom (http://tinyurl.com/5svdjy - broken link)

Old 09-10-2008, 06:17 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,789,164 times
Heck, even Jews are scared of Palin. At least she manages to unite Jews and Arabs on this score.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:21 AM

5,527 posts, read 5,905,362 times
I wouldn't say they are frightened but more concerned with the fact that she said that "the troops are there on a task from God". Ironic isn't it?

Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 AM

1,996 posts, read 3,668,738 times
As an Arab American with family and interests in the middle east, I am very afraid... She's too radical for our kind, hey and most people think the Arabs are radical, but she's the scary kind of radical... the kind that seems ok on the surface, but when you dig deeper you realize how crazy her views really are.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:33 AM

5,527 posts, read 5,905,362 times
Once she turned this into "God vs the terrorists" she should have been reigned back in. Religion should have no bearing on politics and to turn this into an extremist, religious war makes her just as bad as the extremist Muslims that we are fighting. Not all Americans worship God, but all Americans are Americans and country first should be country first.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 AM

17,577 posts, read 24,254,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Once she turned this into "God vs the terrorists" she should have been reigned back in. Religion should have no bearing on politics and to turn this into an extremist, religious war makes her just as bad as the extremist Muslims that we are fighting. Not all Americans worship God, but all Americans are Americans and country first should be country first.
But we live in Jesusland.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:42 AM

2,311 posts, read 1,812,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Gateway Pundit: Arab World Frightened Of Moose Hunting Alaska Mom (http://tinyurl.com/5svdjy - broken link)
So some blogger in his mother's basement is now an authority on the Arab World? This is considered to be a valid source????

Old 09-10-2008, 06:46 AM

28,615 posts, read 17,674,446 times
I'm terrified of the prospect of putting a (another?) believer in Holy Wars in the White House. As far as I'm concerned anyone who would go to war and kill for no other reason than the "My God is better than your God" lunacy is a terrorist and should be treated accordingly.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:47 AM

28,615 posts, read 17,674,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But we live in Jesusland.

Damn! I musta made a wrong turn, all this time I thought it was FantasyLand

Old 09-10-2008, 06:48 AM

13,039 posts, read 14,650,621 times
I'm neither a Muslim nor a Moose and she scares the hell out me !

Any woman who gets to such prominence , potentially the President of the most powerful Nation on earth and with views like hers on subjects like abortion, stem cell research, the environment, foreign policies etc... and who basically claims to have a special link to god is not good news in my humble opinion....

We should all be very , very scared. Her shoot to political stardom would funny if it wasn't so darn terrifying.

If some of the news to come out of Alaska about her "special" way of dealing with people who don't tow her line and get in her way are true then that woman is going to be a real problem .

I am suspicious of anyone who quotes god in political discourse and her views are so extreme that I see her ascent as a disaster for not only the USA but the rest of the world too if she does get to the number 2 or goodness forbids the number 1 spot.

Sadly our economy is tied to yours, and sadly American foreign policies affect us all too.

But pretty faces and strident voices always win support , he/she who shouts the loudest is often the victor in the popularity stakes. That alone is freaky.

She almost makes Bush look sane and competent.

She has no real experience , her education seems somewhat lacking, she seems to have little grasp of serious issues like the economy or the environment, no understanding of science, she would like to see creationism taught in schools and is against abortion even in cases of rape and incest. She is against sex education and seems to believe herself on a mission from God.
Apart from that she is really quite balanced, harmless and completely innocuous as a candidate....

In one word the woman is truly enlightened. Not.

But heck she is pretty and she does fish and hunt and likes guns. So that makes her an ideal candidate to run for "veep" doesn't it?

What better test of political acumen and competence do we need for running the biggest economy in the world ?

I haven't met anyone yet who isn't shocked at her nomination and her views. But then again I am talking about Europe.

Americans in Europe too but as we know all Europeans and presumably Americans who chose to live there are pinko commies, liberals of the worst sort who hate America and don't understand the appeal of Ms Palin ? .....

I think we should all huddle in the corner and give each other comforting hugs and hope that the danger passes really quick...
Let's all close our eyes and maybe she'll go away. Nope I don't think that is going to work.

Very clever of McCain to go for the populist choice rather than the experienced , sane one. I have to give it to him , so far he really has pulled it off with the wild card. Throw a little bit of glitter in people's eyes and they just love it. Sad but true.

I hope we do not end up on a new crusade. Our god versus theirs. Nobody ever wins that one and ordinary people from both sides end up dead or having lost everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections