Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Does her church encourage parishioners to handle snakes?
The vetting process is still ongoing.

Quote:
By Sha'aria law, Obama is a Muslim, because his father is a Muslim. I have no problem with Obama choosing to NOT be a Muslim. Clearly I am pointing out the absurdity of anyone equating Sarah Palin with snake handlers.
You have adopted Sha'aria law for your own? How does that make you anything other than a muslim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 09:36 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Religious persecution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't worry folks there has been a long history of this type of behavior.

"At a societal level, this dehumanization of a particular religious group may readily turn into violence or other forms of persecution. Even those who consider religiosity in general to be declining (i.e. those believe secularization is progressing) would agree that religious persecution continues to be a serious issue worldwide. Global media coverage of increasing numbers of participants in religious fundamentalism and religiously related terrorism obviate the prevalence of such persecutions worldwide. Indeed, in many countries of the world today, religious persecution has resulted in so much violence that it is considered a human rights problem."

Old 09-11-2008, 09:41 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Your argument is that Obama is a Muslim because his father is a Muslim.....that's weak. Obama was not even raised by his father. Obama being a Muslim just because his father is a Muslim is about as far-fetched as saying that I'm a salesman because my father is a salesman....even though I am not a salesman.
Clearly, you have no understanding of Islam.

Anyway, not the point what I think Obama's religion is. But you do need to work on your reading comprehension. Libs can call Palin a snake handler? I can call Obama a Muslim -- and in actuality, I have more facts about the religion to back up my position.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I don't think praying for things like PIPELINES is what Jesus had in mind.
+rep!!

Old 09-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Religious persecution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't worry folks there has been a long history of this type of behavior.

"At a societal level, this dehumanization of a particular religious group may readily turn into violence or other forms of persecution. Even those who consider religiosity in general to be declining (i.e. those believe secularization is progressing) would agree that religious persecution continues to be a serious issue worldwide. Global media coverage of increasing numbers of participants in religious fundamentalism and religiously related terrorism obviate the prevalence of such persecutions worldwide. Indeed, in many countries of the world today, religious persecution has resulted in so much violence that it is considered a human rights problem."
I don't consider these people Christian, so how am I persecuting them?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
You have adopted Sha'aria law for your own? How does that make you anything other than a muslim?
I once heard someone say Dems were smart.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I once heard someone say Dems were smart.
I'm the furthest thing from a Dem, so I'll consider that a compliment

Old 09-11-2008, 10:01 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,638,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
Your argument is that Obama is a Muslim because his father is a Muslim.....that's weak. Obama was not even raised by his father. Obama being a Muslim just because his father is a Muslim is about as far-fetched as saying that I'm a salesman because my father is a salesman....even though I am not a salesman.

You are trying to be too logical. Interesting you should use "far fetched", because that is exactly what sharia law is, but it is their law and it states that a child of a muslim father IS muslim. The child can become an apostate of islam, and so is under threat of assassination. The child can become part of another religion, i.e. Christian. That is also enough reason for assassination. Gettin' the picture? It is very concerning how little Americans know of the absurdity of this "faith", and of even calling islam a faith or religion. As it is so much more. It doesn't matter that we don't think Obama is muslim. It doesn't matter that Obama calls himself "Christian". What we need to realize is that 1.5 billion muslims believe he is one of them.....

Old 09-11-2008, 10:46 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
We know Joy Behar and the people in the dopey show "The View" are all far left loons (exception: 1 out of the 5 loons is actually normal - Hasselback), but all the others are anti-American and disrespectful of people's religious beliefs. They are highly far left. Farther left than even Obama, I think. They are 60s radicals.

Here is one example, where one of the loons attacks:

YouTube - Joy Behar on Catholic saints

Now that same lunatic who is attacking the catholic faith, is now attacking Sarah Palin for "praying" for things.

Check out this major Obama media supporter attacking Palin on her Christian faith: CNN.com - Transcripts

She is saying nasty things against Christians, but her new round of attack is on Palin.

Prayer is the fundamental tenant of the Catholic, Christian, Jewish, and probably the Muslim and Hindu faiths.

So WHY should someone be barred from being VP for praying in private?!?!?

Are you liberals so angry at Palin that you don't get that this is hurting your new god, Obama???

Are you people THAT dumb?!?!? Don't you get it that you are POLARIZING WOMEN AND CHRISTIAN VOTERS TO GET ANGRY AND SIDE WITH PALIN?!?!

I'd say keep going, attack Palin more. That will only ensure a McCain-Palin in in Nov.
Oh, poor baby. Is the bad old media starting to do a little digging? Was religion off limits during the Primary with Obama? The media dragged him through hell and back and is still proudly standing I might add, so for you or anyone to have their feathers ruffled because there's some digging going on her religion, is totally ridiculous. All I have to say is ... IT'S ABOUT TIME. Americans have right to know EVERYTHING about this so called "phenomenon" that the Republicans think they have in their corner. When you are seeking the highest office in the land, it's to be expected and if Sarah can't handle the heat, she needs to get out of the kitchen.

DUMB? The only "dumb" people are the people who have thrown themselves at this women they barely know just because she is a women who can talk tough. It's beyond "dumb". It's sounds more like desperation on the part of the Republicans to win. Why else would McCain pick a person who is more qualified to be his Administration Assistant than VP. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Old 09-11-2008, 11:00 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I don't consider these people Christian, so how am I persecuting them?

Who said anything about Christian....

All sorts of religions are persecuted....mainly by people not even willing to accept they have their own lives and the choice to practice their own religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections