U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 11:05 AM

263 posts, read 242,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
you do understand his will be on people who are swimming in cash, right? damn, they wont be able to buy that extra lambo or vacation home
Why should you get something you didn't earn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 AM

263 posts, read 242,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
where do you get that number that 40% don't pay any income taxes?
Must be speed reading. Its a couple pages back.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:32 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,974,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So this is another case, like the Sex Ed bill*, in which Obama has to backtrack and try to claim... I know that's what it/I said, but that's not what I meant. What I really meant is...

With that comment it is virtually impossible to discuss this matter with you. What he said seemed quite clear to me. No need to him to ellaborate more as I can just review his written plan which is available to all who have to patience to read and understand.

Quote:
It doesn't really matter how Obama tries to rationalize his misstatement, though, because it simply isn't true. Under Obama's plan, 95% of the people will NOT get a tax cut. Many will get a tax INCREASE.
The Tax Foundation - The Obama Tax Plan: High Tax Rates Are Not Just for High-Income Taxpayers
Again, its impossible to debate this when you post a partisan analysis.

This is the picture on the home page of where the writers to that piece call home.

*Obama supported an Illinois bill mandating that the instruction on the transmission and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases be expanded to include students in Kindergarten through 5th grade:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/5217671-post10.html[/quote]

Old 09-11-2008, 12:38 PM

881 posts, read 1,005,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Obama has made claims that he will give a "tax cut to 95% of working Americans".

If 40% of working Americans don't pay any federal income tax, how will Obama give a "tax cut to 95% of working Americans"?
Clinton promised in 1992 that he would not raise taxes on the Middle Class. Once elected, he said he looked at the books and raised taxes on the Middle Class anyway.

If Obama is lying about giving 95% of Americans a "tax cut", and we know 40% of Americans pay $0 in income taxes, the "I will not raise taxes on the Middle Class" must be bull too.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:48 PM

26 posts, read 28,204 times
$!0 million/day into Iraq is good for starters.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:11 PM

2,109 posts, read 2,397,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
What did either you do to deserve their money, or they do to deserve their money to be discriminatorily taken from them?

Criminal.
I would imagine it falls in the "IT'S NOT FAIR!" category the libs hide behind.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 878 times
If 40% of Americans aren't paying taxes, there must be a problem with Bush's plan. That too, was in 2005. Also, I believe it's true that if people are swimming in cash, they can afford to pay more taxes, and should. Why should someone working JUST AS HARD, but making 1/5 as much have to pay the same rate? I do agree with your question; why pay more because you're successful? The answer; Because you're successful. Coorporate America is a joke. This country is full of greedy, deceitful business drones.
Putting a small amount more into your country than the poor sounds more united than throwing a fit about it.
Learn your own facts. Dont listen to people who read one article and think they know everything. What I said above is my opinion based on information ive discovered myself. They're all lying anyways, aren't they?

PS.
Palin is a joke. Mccain himself, is a lie.

Old 10-16-2008, 02:07 PM

8,359 posts, read 6,730,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by small arms View Post
He wont be giving tax cuts, he will be giving you a welfare check more or less.
If Obama is elected, I'm gonna close my company down and get in the welfare check line. No need to work so hard if he is handing out money!

Old 10-16-2008, 02:10 PM

8,359 posts, read 6,730,310 times
And then there's the Global Poverty Tax Obama wants to impose on us...

Old 10-25-2008, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 796 times
Doesn't anyone realize what a crime it is that over 40% of the US population don't even make enough that they have to pay income tax? I think everyone assumes when people make that little they must be lazy & don't work. Why do we assume that how much you get paid represents how hard you work, or, in other words, that people get paid what they deserve? It simply is not true, won't be until blue collar workers make more than CEO's. Truth is there are lots of hard working Americans making minimum wage or less (waitresses, etc.); they do the hard, unpleasant jobs no one wants to do & work harder than most people making much more. The crime is that business owners want to keep all the profit for themselves & don't want to share equitably with the workers who help make their businesses successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections