U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,254,302 times

Advertisements

Here is an essay by John Murtagh on Bill Ayers. For anyone who still doesn't know, Ayers was one of the Weathermen, a leftist terrorist organization around the time of the Vietnam War. The Weathermen attempted to murder John's family when he was a child.

Fire in the Night by John M. Murtagh, City Journal 30 April 2008

Excerpt:

"As the association between Obama and Ayers came to light, it would have helped the senator a little if his friend had at least shown some remorse. But listen to Ayers interviewed in the New York Times on September 11, 2001, of all days: “I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.” Translation: “We meant to kill that judge and his family, not just damage the porch.” When asked by the Times if he would do it all again, Ayers responded: “I don’t want to discount the possibility.”

Last edited by chattypatty; 09-10-2008 at 11:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 AM

And here's Ayer's wife, the lovely Bernardine Dohrn.

Bernardine Dohrn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama once visited '60s radicals - Ben Smith - Politico.com

“When I first met Barack Obama, he was giving a standard, innocuous little talk in the living room of those two legends-in-their-own-minds, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn,” Warren wrote on her blog in 2005. “They were launching him — introducing him to the Hyde Park community as the best thing since sliced bread.”

How is it that Democrats give Obama a pass for this association? If a conservative had such ties to the Grand Wizard of the KKK, and refused to denounce the person, would he/she get the free pass Obama is getting?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM

25,341 posts, read 37,480,980 times
Because he is a pop star and most have no brains....Matt Damon probable needed some media attention and was almost forgotten......

To me the associations and friends of Obama are a huge issue, the people you hang out with are making you what you are...If you hang out with losers you become a loser and we saw enough of Obama and for sure there is nothing presidential when looking and hear him speaking!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,009,288 times
Obama is his own person. Has he said for one moment that he supports the actions this man took? I don't think so. This is republicans trying to bring up another non-issue because they don't actually have anything positive to say about their candidate on the issues.

What, are you trying to say, on today of all days, that Obama is or supports the effort of terrorists? Give me a break. This is ludicris. Besides, I've heard this tired arguement before.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
Obama is his own person. Has he said for one moment that he supports the actions this man took? I don't think so. This is republicans trying to bring up another non-issue because they don't actually have anything positive to say about their candidate on the issues.

What, are you trying to say, on today of all days, that Obama is or supports the effort of terrorists? Give me a break. This is ludicris. Besides, I've heard this tired arguement before.
I think you meant to say "ludicrous." Unless you're the rap star, and just letting me know.

It is not a tired argument. In fact, it is not an argument at all. It is a point of fact. It is not enough that his followers state "Obama is his own person." He needs to be denouncing these people loudly and clearly. If he is truly his own person, let us see him demonstrate as much.

And yes, I think today is a perfect day to bring this to light. Let us not forget.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:11 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
Obama is getting a pass, and will continue to get a pass, because the leftists have seized the day to get a black into the White House. This is entirely an Identity Politics election. And sadly half the population of a democratic nation is buying the marxist hype. Anyway, here is The One's "explanation" to Bill O'Reilly concerning his wonderful and nefarious associations:

FOXNews.com - Part 3: Obama Discusses Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Daily Kos With O'Reilly - Bill O’Reilly | The O’Reilly Factor

Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,377,851 times
OBAMA tries to downplay his association with Bill Ayers because he cannot explain why Ayers has consistently and even recently been unapologetic. The only remorse he's shown is that he didn't do more. Nobody will ask him the tough question about launching his political life right in Ayers house.

Of course OBAMA's liberal cult followers agree with him and think Obama should win at any cost by any means. A match made in heaven.

I'm hoping to see a nice big fat TV commercial with the infamous Ayers stomping the American flag.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 AM

3,437 posts, read 5,344,779 times
I am not an Obama or Mc Cain supporter, but this issue has been discussed ad nauseam. Sean Hannity talks about this every 20 minutes on his show and I do not think it really matters anymore. I do not think most Obama supporters will change their minds because of this anyways.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:15 AM

1,989 posts, read 3,842,704 times
Quote: "the Obama-Ayers link is a tenuous one"

Obama's 'Weatherman' Connection - Fact Checker

They're not friends. They sat on an 8 person board of an anti-poverty group. If you've ever sat on a board, you'll know that means they probably never even had a drink together.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:17 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I think you meant to say "ludicrous." Unless you're the rap star, and just letting me know.

It is not a tired argument. In fact, it is not an argument at all. It is a point of fact. It is not enough that his followers state "Obama is his own person." He needs to be denouncing these people loudly and clearly. If he is truly his own person, let us see him demonstrate as much.

And yes, I think today is a perfect day to bring this to light. Let us not forget.

But he Baby Boy was only "eight years old" when Ayers did the dirty deed. How could BambiBoy possibly be faulted?? I do believe Obama was an ADULT when he had his connnection with this terrorist. And even told Bill he was being slammed due to "guilt by association". Well, duh......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or