U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:54 AM

3,491 posts, read 7,735,676 times

Advertisements

Walt Monegan was fired by Palin in July. Monegan testified in court yesterday and said he was pressured by Sarah Palin to fire her former brother-in-law who was a state trooper. It turns out a women's group is backing Walt Monegan.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/story?id=5778856&page=1

Last edited by gsoboi; 09-11-2008 at 10:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 09:58 AM

"Monegan declined to comment after he finished testifying Wednesday, but he previously told ABC News that the real reason for his abrupt dismissal was that he refused to fire the Governor's ex-brother in law from the state police after a messy divorce from Palin's sister.

Palin calls Monegan's claims outrageous, but Monegan told ABC News he would provide the committee with proof to back up his claim."

Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 AM

Once It is proven that means Palin LIED to the American people as well as broken state law. This will be the downfall of the McCain-Palin ticket.

Also people say the investigation committee is bias but I'd like to remind everyone that there are 10 republicans and 4 democrats on the committee.

Last edited by gsoboi; 09-11-2008 at 10:13 AM..

Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,211,869 times
And what will do you if she is found not guilty? Leave the country?

What happened to the innocent before guilty theory?

Since you liberals love the gitmo crowd and have whined about how they are so innocent, doesn't the same theory apply for a US CITIZEN ???

Guess not.

She used the chain of command to fire a scumbag, never have I ever saw a CEO come down to the floor and fire a useless bum, if they want someone fired they pass it down to the person who is responsible.

I know you holding your breathe, but will tell you ahead of time, either way will not change my mind at all.

The character already has said he was wrong, what more do you want.

If someone tazes my 11 year old like he did his they won't need a trial.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post

Since you liberals love the gitmo crowd and have whined about how they are so innocent, doesn't the same theory apply for a US CITIZEN ???

Guess not.

She used the chain of command to fire a scumbag, never have I ever saw a CEO come down to the floor and fire a useless bum, if they want someone fired they pass it down to the person who is responsible.

I know you holding your breathe, but will tell you ahead of time, either way will not change my mind at all.

The point is she violated ethics laws and she LIED to the American people. When a politician gets caught in a BIG lie like that, it doesnt sit to well with voters. Walt said he is providing evidence to the committee. They have something on her. Palin's credibilty will be shot and the she will bring McCain down as fast as she brought him up.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:50 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Great news, that is why McCain is doing all he can to shut it down.

ABC On Troopergate: Women's Groups Rally Against Palin

The panel investigating this issue is made up up 5 democrats and 10 republicans, so they can't say it's biased.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:52 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:

Guess not.

The case is not about the brother in law, it's about her abusing her power and firing a totally innocent guy who refused to be pressured to fire the brother in law.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM

12,620 posts, read 17,687,512 times
Quote:

Guess not.

The release repeats allegations

that Wooten had threatened members of her family,

including her father, with violence;

that Wooten had threatened to "bring" Palin and members of her family "down;"

and that Wooten had once been the subject of a court-imposed domestic-violence protection order.

A court filing by Wooten's lawyer indicates that within months of being issued, the violence protection order was dismissed.

Bailey repeated previous charges made by the Palins against the trooper
driven a cop car while holding a beer;
and shot a moose without a permit (charges which resulted in his suspension for five days without pay as a trooper).

But Bailey also made a new allegation:
that Wooten might have submitted a questionable workers' compensation claim.
The state police recorded Bailey's conversation, and Palin later released it after Monegan's sackin.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:57 AM

5,076 posts, read 7,037,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Great news, that is why McCain is doing all he can to shut it down.

ABC On Troopergate: Women's Groups Rally Against Palin

The panel investigating this issue is made up up 5 democrats and 10 republicans, so they can't say it's biased.
I agree. Actually only four members are dems according to the posted article. I expect McCain's response will be the repub members are seeking revenge for her attacks against repub corruption in Alaska. Nonetheless, she still lied.
Clip:
The McCain campaign has launched an attack on its credibility, saying four of its members are Democrats supporting Barack Obama.

They failed to mention that the other 10 members of the committee are Republicans.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 AM

7,475 posts, read 19,565,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
Walt Monegan was fired by Palin in July. Monegan testified in court yesterday and said he was pressured by Sarah Palin to fire her former brother-in-law who was a state trooper. It turns out a women's group is backing Walt Monegan.

ABC News: Palin Backstab? Commissioner Praised Then Fired
You guys really need to find a new hobby. All of your phony BS is getting really old.. Try and find something you're good at, it will be more fulfilling, and you will have a happier life.
Life is going to be great when John and Sarah are running the country, and gasboy has a fun new hobby..!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or