Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 02:03 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times

Advertisements

He sounds like a humble man. I think he is more than qualified to be the Vice President. After all if he didn't think he was qualified for President he would not have ran for the position. He is just being nice, humble, and also being nice to Hillary. All politics.

There is just as much silly politics on here as there is on the real news. Good post, shipm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 02:05 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
He can step aside for Hillary anytime he wants. Please.
That will prove that Obama doesn't have the necessary judgement to be President.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:06 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,335 times
I wouldn't panic. McCain is not going to win when the Palin spike levels out. I don't think Joe Biden was giving his 2 weeks notice; switching VP candidates now would be disastrous for the campaign. It's more than likely just a move to further consolidate the party.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:13 PM

594 posts, read 1,044,118 times
At first I thought this was going to be a prelude to Biden somehow stepping down as VP candidate and letting Hilldawg step in to counter Palin and secure all of the Hilldawg voters. After thinking about it though, I think that would backfire as others have stated. I wonder if this could have anything to do, believe it or not, with the 2012 campaign? Could they be positioning Hilldawg as the nominee in case McCain wins 2008? Make no mistake - she's not going away.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
Make no mistake - she's not going away.
Thank god for that.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:24 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Fingers crossed. That would take the wind out of McPalin's beehive.

So, you think it would be fabu news for HPJ to eject himself because of old age disease and HillBill to come in?

Interesting?

You do know about all the "papers" that would have to be released at that point?

I'd love to see those papers.

Just as I am going to love to see the Ayers/Acorn/etc. papers re: the Messiah.

Bring on VP candidate HillBill.

That will set Barry's fragile little ego on edge! Tee-hee!

Old 09-11-2008, 02:26 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
So, you think it would be fabu news for HPJ to eject himself because of old age disease and HillBill to come in?

Interesting?

You do know about all the "papers" that would have to be released at that point?

I'd love to see those papers.

Just as I am going to love to see the Ayers/Acorn/etc. papers re: the Messiah.

Bring on VP candidate HillBill.

That will set Barry's fragile little ego on edge! Tee-hee!
HPJ???

I wouldn't mind seeing Barry's fagile ego get bruised.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:32 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,062,387 times
Knock out blow?

Strange, Biden demonstrates great humility and its a "knock out blow."

What a world we live in.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:33 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
At first I thought this was going to be a prelude to Biden somehow stepping down as VP candidate and letting Hilldawg step in to counter Palin and secure all of the Hilldawg voters. After thinking about it though, I think that would backfire as others have stated. I wonder if this could have anything to do, believe it or not, with the 2012 campaign? Could they be positioning Hilldawg as the nominee in case McCain wins 2008? Make no mistake - she's not going away.
I've heard some in the media speculate that Hillary would run with Obama in 2012 if he gets elected this year. That makes a lot more sense than dropping Biden. There is no way he could get away with being so reactionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections