Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
i honestly cannot believe how terrified the wingnuts are of books and education.
it's simultaneously disturbing and hilarious.
agreed. liberals are silly folk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 09:09 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
OMG! Bush doctrine! Bush doctrine! OMG!!

Geez guys, the interview was a success, by all accounts. That's all you can come up with?

Let us not forget, she is on the bottom of the ticket. McCain has the expertise in FP/NS, she has Executive and Energy expertise. Pretty well rounded to me.
McCain is 72 and not exactly a healthy 72. Certainly you think it is worth paying attention to the VP pick in such a case. Surely on this we can agree.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:10 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,487 times
Quote:
I thought she was marvelous - everything McCain could hope for. She didn't hesitate, she didn't stumble, she didn't stutter, she didn't look like a deer in the headlights. She was confident, poised, relaxed and assertive. Very good!

Wow...you are looking through Palin colored glasses!
The fact she didn't hesitate scared me the most.
And she certainly didn't look relaxed to me...

Well it just goes to show, the lines in the sand are drawn pretty deep. Palin lovers will think she did fine.
Obama supporters will think she failed.

The real question is, what will people on the fence think?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:11 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,199 times
Quote:
OMG! Bush doctrine! Bush doctrine! OMG!!

Geez guys, the interview was a success, by all accounts. That's all you can come up with?

Let us not forget, she is on the bottom of the ticket. McCain has the expertise in FP/NS, she has Executive and Energy expertise. Pretty well rounded to me.
Yeah you're right - a possible next VP of the United States doesn't know what the current administration's policy is for fighting a war on terror - how important is that? Let's change the subject back to one of your favorites - how many miles a day she runs.

If she's only at the bottom of the ticket, why do you start so many threads about her?

Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,684 times
Quote:
I thought she was marvelous - everything McCain could hope for. She didn't hesitate, she didn't stumble, she didn't stutter, she didn't look like a deer in the headlights. She was confident, poised, relaxed and assertive. Very good!
are you kidding me? she sounded like she was spouting out answers like she crammed for a test. One answer I couldnt make sense of what she was saying. it was a big mess.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
Maybe so but isn't it really true?
No. I really don't think the United States or Israel had anything to do with being behind Russia's invasion of Georgia. Please explain if you don't care as I've never heard that before except as unbased claims out of Moscow.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:13 PM

690 posts, read 1,015,487 times
Quote:
I think you might be disappointed. Clearly this was the toughest of the interviews.

In case you missed it...this is PART 1!

YouTube - Sarah Palin First Interview since picked as V.P. pt.1

Oh yes...there is more!

I say put this lady in front of every camera you can find! This will be the gift for the Dems that keeps on giving!

2,305 posts, read 3,043,199 times
Quote:
I think you might be disappointed. Clearly this was the toughest of the interviews.
So far it was the toughest - of course it's only the first one she has done - so I guess it could be considered the easiest one too.

1,718 posts, read 2,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor92 View Post
That's quite an anti-American, pro-Russian position you have there. America, and the rest of the world, has always recognized S. Ossetia as part of Georgia.

It also sounds like you're a Obama supporter too!
What does recognizing South Ossetia have to do with anything? I'd remind you that we set a precedent when we recognized Kosovo despite the rest of the world having a fit when we did it. I would further remind that South Ossetia voted to secede years ago.

I don't know what's more democratic than voting about something. Georgia has fought to hold onto them and that's their right to a point but we can hardly claim to have superiority or claim that Russia has no basis for recognizing South Ossetia's secession when we set the precedent. We warned Georgia not to invade the break away province, more than once. We told them they couldn't win and that they were inviting trouble. They didn't listen.

Knowing the facts regarding Georgia, Russia and South Ossetia does not make you anti-American. It makes you intelligent enough to seek out the facts before making a decision.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:19 PM

745 posts, read 2,209,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
What does recognizing South Ossetia have to do with anything? I'd remind you that we set a precedent when we recognized Kosovo despite the rest of the world having a fit when we did it. I would further remind that South Ossetia voted to secede years ago.

I don't know what's more democratic than voting about something. Georgia has fought to hold onto them and that's their right to a point but we can hardly claim to have superiority or claim that Russia has no basis for recognizing South Ossetia's secession when we set the precedent. We warned Georgia not to invade the break away province, more than once. We told them they couldn't win and that they were inviting trouble. They didn't listen.

Knowing the facts regarding Georgia, Russia and South Ossetia does not make you anti-American. It makes you intelligent enough to seek out the facts before making a decision.
In 1862 the Confederate States of America voted to secede from the Union. Does that mean you also support the dissolution of the United States? The United States has always maintained that states, or pieces of other countries, do not have the right to vote their way out of the country. Russia is in fact the only country in the world that viewed S. Ossetia as an independent entity and they knew exactly that their invasion would be viewed as an invasion by every other country in the world.

Knowing the facts does not make you anti-American, but disregarding the facts and international law to accuse your own country of being behind Russia's invasion of another country is about an anti-American as it gets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections