Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 07:35 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times

Advertisements

After having read the entire transcript I can honestly say that her contradictory, limited answers amuse me even as they flummox me. She plays the finger wag at Russia saying they have no right to be "aggressive" and invade Georgia (ahem anyone remember um...Iraq? Panama? Grenada? Cuba?) but then just a little bit later says Israel on the other hand has the right to strike Iran at any time, using any means they feel necessary to defend themselves even from an existential threat.

Of course this is the same woman that said in one moment that we had to make Russia understand that it was in our mutual interest to get along then a few minutes later said we perhaps can take economic sanctions against Russia. Really now? For someone who is experienced in foreign policy vis a vis being neighbors with Russia she doesn't know jack. Anyone that says Russia was "unprovoked" hasn't studied the facts. The State Dept doesn't even dare make that claim. They say Russia responded with disproportionate force.

Good luck hitting them with economic sanctions when they supply 40% of the EU's gas. Beyond that how exactly are we going to show them its in their mutual interest to get along when we have done nothing, nada, zip, zilch to encourage them in that belief so far. If anything we've isolated them over the last decade which has put them in the position where they have very little to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 07:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
the sky is falling!!!
The Bush Doctrine...
you people crack me up!!
Are you serious? [mod cut] Your words always betray you.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 09-11-2008 at 10:37 PM.. Reason: no personal attacks please!

Old 09-11-2008, 07:44 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Palin in her interview: epic fail

Old 09-11-2008, 07:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Again - SHE DOES HAVE TO KNOW IT.

SHE COULD BE PRESIDENT.

Stop evaluating her based on what you or I or anyone else here knows. She should be an EXPERT.

I don't know all of the details either (though I certainly knew of it) - and we are lucky I'm not the vice presidential candidate too!
I thought her answe was just fine. Don't know what interview you guys watched, but I thought sure did a great job. And it was no softball interview either.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Are you serious? You can barely write half the time. Please don't pretend that you can actually think about complex issues. Your words always betray you.

gee, you are so nice
will you be my friend?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
His question was an open ended question. She asked a logical question. The liberals go wild. I knew this would happen - they would find something horribly wrong and run off in a tizzy. And put me down as another one who didn't know what the Bush Doctrine is.
Exactly. She was right to ask for clarification so as not to fall into a trap. Clearly, Gibson was trying to get her to nail Bush and she was being cautious, which was the right way to go.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM

1,240 posts, read 2,238,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
The Bush Doctrine in what respect? Do you know that there has been a significant shift in the Bush Administration on key policies?

What part of the Doctrine was Gibson talking about? This is not a yes or no answer.

Spin baby spin!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM

195 posts, read 593,869 times
What's the fuss? I don't know what the Bush doctrine was either and I am a doctor with an ivy league degree. Honestly, I don't think Bush is intelligent enough to have any doctrine. He just monkeyed around for 8 years.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
See guys, her answer was a good one.

Even CNN thinks she did a bang-up job.

If that's all the obama camp has - bye, bye

Old 09-11-2008, 08:12 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Exactly. She was right to ask for clarification so as not to fall into a trap. Clearly, Gibson was trying to get her to nail Bush and she was being cautious, which was the right way to go.
Debating 101: When you don't know the answer ask for clarification of the question in hopes of finding the answer in a restate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections