Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:42 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Yoiu know nothing about her parenting skills or the lack thereof. You know one factual thing about her seventeen year old daughter, she is pregnant...happens in the best of families. At least she is taking responsibility and having the child. They could have easily sent her for an abortion early on and then this whole thing would never have seen the light of day. Now that would not be living what she preaches, but is not the case.
Again.....show me the line where I said "Sarah Palin is a bad parent because her daughter is pregnant". Please do that for me. Once you have looked and failed you can PM me your apology for not reading what I am writing and making up your own interpretation of my words if it is too humiliating for you. If I have said that I will make my own apology but I don't think I have.

In my opinion her daughter is having the baby and getting married (will never happen) because of her reputation as a politician and being against abortion. It's called an opinion and guess what. Since this is still America I am allowed to have it as well as put it out there. Sorry about that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 06:01 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Yes, several and I never said she was a bad parent. I told you that previously.

Was your father on the ticket to become VP of the United States? If not then you are comparing a completely different level of responsibility in comparing your father's profession and this one. Apples and oranges.

Teaching is not running a country and representing us to the world. It's an invaluable profession in it's own right (the child of two educators) but not the same. Also, it's your brother, not your daughter...again Apples and Oranges.

Where did I talk about her ability? I am talking about CREDIBILITY! It's like people who attend the church of a priest who molests children. He/she can sit up there and talk to you all day about you sinning then go back and touch kids. WTF?! In this situation, Palin says that abstinence is the only way yet her daughter is magically pregnant. The point of my argument is that she is attempting to tell others how to live their lives yet her own daughter doesn't listen to her. Again, more do as I say and not as I do.

I am not an Obama or Mccain supporter. I have told you this previously as well as many others. I support having a candidate who will represent this country at it's best. someone who won't have the world laughing at us (like they are now) and someone who can lead this country to greatness. No one on either ticket can do that.

Palin is the topic of this thread so I am talking about her. Go to another thread on another candidate and you will see I talk about them too.
Look, heres the deal. I take offense at your assertation that a childs behavior necessarily reflects directly on a persons competence. Letting a five year old play with sharp knives in the middle of the street? Yes, that will show a complete lack of judgement and intelligence. Having a 19+ year old into drugs? Not so much.
You say this shows palins 'do as I say, not as I do' philosophy. How? Because she is anti -drug and her son is/was an addict that makes her ineffectual as a leader? How does that square with obama who was an actual user? I would assume that he is now also anti drug.
Frankly, it doesn't. It makes the drug problem all the more personal, all the more relevant. As for teen pregnancy -- I would hope that this would show palin that abstinence only is a farce. Though any 16 year old who doesn't know of condoms must be a complete moron these days -- still.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:48 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,958 times
Quote:
Yes I love hate. Based on me saying that most of the stuff in this forum is crap really shows that right?

Do I post information I see about both candidates that are non issues? Yes. Do I also look for intelligent threads about the issues? Yes (although there are almost none).

I don't get off on hate as you seem to think BUT I do get amused when I see people blindly following a candidate based on party affiliation. They will criticize a candidate one week and then defend their candidate over the same issue another week. It's hilarious and I like to call people on it as well as see people over react.

This isn't about hate. It's about the qualifications of people who are trying to be leaders of this country. Right now, the two choices that we have are buffoons. The only thing I hate is two party politics that end up screwing our country. Take a good look at the last few elections. What real choices for leadership have we had?

I'm sure you've convinced yourself that your posting authoritative fact based reporting by a paper that has a history of doing so but please, you're talking about the National Enquirer and you expect rational people to take it seriously.
You can keep on fooling yourself and anybody else who cares to buy your BS but yes, what you are saying with it is crap.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:02 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,277,348 times
I wonder who chose the names for her kids. I mean, my children have rather unusual names, but .....Track, Willow, Trip , Bristol and Trig??????

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 09-12-2008, 07:05 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,087,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I wonder who chose the names for her kids. I mean, my children have rather unusual names, but .....Track, Willow, Trip , Bristol and Trig??????
Trip? I have a friend with a husband named Trip so I guess it's not so unusual but the Palins skipped that one in favor of Piper.

Speaking of unusual names, what about Bruce and Demi's choices?

Rumer, Scout and Piper? (guess they have something in common w/ the Palins!)

Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkeytrot View Post
I'm sure you've convinced yourself that your posting authoritative fact based reporting by a paper that has a history of doing so but please, you're talking about the National Enquirer and you expect rational people to take it seriously.
You can keep on fooling yourself and anybody else who cares to buy your BS but yes, what you are saying with it is crap.
I did not realize I was the sole person posting from either the Enquirer or a website dedicated to spreading false information about candidates. I apologize for taking this entire forum off track from the plethora of threads about the issues as well as what each candidate thinks. My bad.

Is the information in the Enquirer and allegation? Yes, I stated that at the beginning but people looked at the John Edwards story in the same light, so I mentioned that as well. My goal is not to fool anyone into "buying my BS". See, when someone states an opinion there are going to be differences. There is obviously one with you and I. That is whole point of this forum. The ability to post opinion and hear others. If it's truly that "offense", dull or crap to you then you have the freedom to ignore. That's the wonderful thing about freedom.

Let's just agree to disagree and never post in this thread again. I am sure there are no others like it so the allegations, mud slinging and lies will stop with this threads locking. Have a wonderful weekend and again, sorry we disagree.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Look, heres the deal. I take offense at your assertation that a childs behavior necessarily reflects directly on a persons competence. Letting a five year old play with sharp knives in the middle of the street? Yes, that will show a complete lack of judgement and intelligence. Having a 19+ year old into drugs? Not so much.
You say this shows palins 'do as I say, not as I do' philosophy. How? Because she is anti -drug and her son is/was an addict that makes her ineffectual as a leader? How does that square with obama who was an actual user? I would assume that he is now also anti drug.
Frankly, it doesn't. It makes the drug problem all the more personal, all the more relevant. As for teen pregnancy -- I would hope that this would show palin that abstinence only is a farce. Though any 16 year old who doesn't know of condoms must be a complete moron these days -- still.
Again, not about competence as a parent. Please repeat that over and over as I once again have never stated that nor wanted that to be my opinion.

You are right. Obama was a druggie and I see that as an issue as well. I have stated that before in other threads but with this being a thread about Palin I chose to stick to that topic. I apologize for following the TOS.

You are starting to come around to my thinking and after looking at the way you are interpreting what I have been trying to say I probably could have worded it better, but I couldn't be any clearer about not saying anything about her abilities, capabilities or intelligence as a mother. Never.

This is really getting old and there are much better threads out there with much more intelligent topics so let's just agree to disagree and I will leave you with this:

I HAVE NEVER STATED NOR WILL I EVER STATE ANYTHING ABOUT HER PARENTING SKILLS!!! IT"S NOT ABOUT THAT!!!!!! Thanks and good evening

Old 09-12-2008, 07:48 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,958 times
Quote:
I did not realize I was the sole person posting from either the Enquirer or a website dedicated to spreading false information about candidates. I apologize for taking this entire forum off track from the plethora of threads about the issues as well as what each candidate thinks. My bad.

Is the information in the Enquirer and allegation? Yes, I stated that at the beginning but people looked at the John Edwards story in the same light, so I mentioned that as well. My goal is not to fool anyone into "buying my BS". See, when someone states an opinion there are going to be differences. There is obviously one with you and I. That is whole point of this forum. The ability to post opinion and hear others. If it's truly that "offense", dull or crap to you then you have the freedom to ignore. That's the wonderful thing about freedom.

Let's just agree to disagree and never post in this thread again. I am sure there are no others like it so the allegations, mud slinging and lies will stop with this threads locking. Have a wonderful weekend and again, sorry we disagree.
I will agree to that. May you have a wonderful weekend also.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:56 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Again.....show me the line where I said "Sarah Palin is a bad parent because her daughter is pregnant". Please do that for me. Once you have looked and failed you can PM me your apology for not reading what I am writing and making up your own interpretation of my words if it is too humiliating for you. If I have said that I will make my own apology but I don't think I have.

In my opinion her daughter is having the baby and getting married (will never happen) because of her reputation as a politician and being against abortion. It's called an opinion and guess what. Since this is still America I am allowed to have it as well as put it out there. Sorry about that one.

Good, I am glad we agree then. If you do not think she is a bad parent and your whole premise was that she shouldn't be running because of issues with her children, then you don't have any problem with her as a candidate. You whole argument lost its validity.

Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,487 times
Give me a break!! you are getting your info from the enquirer? come on.. the enquirer also says that elvis still alive. it's garbage people!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections